Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: Rapture: A suggestion game.  (Read 18653 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Rapture: A suggestion game.
« Reply #315 on: April 22, 2013, 04:52:44 pm »

Thanks.

And yeah, run like the wind.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 22, 2013, 07:58:33 pm »

RUN LIKE THE WIND BULLSEYE!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 24, 2013, 12:29:44 pm »

You stand in front of the building, watching the flames spread. A timber falls, forcing you to raise your arm to protect yourself from the sparks, and you realise you need to move as fires spring up on either side. You turn and begin to run.
 The heat stays doggedly on your heels as you flee, embers falling onto your back as you stumble in your haste. You pat them out, flipping onto your back just in time to shunt back from the beam that falls right next to your legs. Scrambling to your feet, you run on, finally reaching the relative safety of a manicured park lawn, perched atop a hill overlooking the city.
 The air above the industrial city is a mass of smoke and heat haze, and the land there swarms with flames. You hear a single scream, piercing, but  it fades immediately, leaving the crackle of the flames unmasked. Unbidden, you slump to your knees, the pain hitting you. Not only your burned lungs, but also, you realise with a start, you leg, from which a charred splinter protrudes. You hear it crack as you fall forward and black out.....

Spoiler: John Carver (click to show/hide)

((End chapter 2. votes on if people want a character change or not please. specific character choices may/may not be accounted for. ))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 24, 2013, 04:15:57 pm »

Sure. Maybe we should play a member of the Celestial or Infernal army this time? To round out our initial chapters.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 25, 2013, 04:37:23 pm »

i want to stay as this dude.
Highly Opinionated Fool

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 26, 2013, 12:17:19 pm »

For the sake of decisions, I'm thinking an angelic general figure if you do change. be a fair bit more powerful than the other characters so far, but won't be particularly involved in the mystery stuff so far directly.

or, depending on if i have time, both. ;)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 12:19:34 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 27, 2013, 01:40:39 pm »

CHAPTER 3
 The watchman calls to you.
 'Ma'am, I think you need to see this.'
 You reply, 'What now Eriel?....'
 Then you step out of the door, and you pause, shocked. The watchman looks at you, his eyes betraying a hint of fear. You look from him to the smoke, and hide a frown. What the blazes did the demons think they were doing?
 'Eriel, gather some men. We're going on a little hunt.'
 -----
 An hour later you stand atop a hill, looking down at the ashes of half a city. Nothing moves in the wreckage. But they're out there somewhere. The demons just don't know when to quit. Then again, neither do you. Maybe you should have joined your brother Surma. But no. he was everything you were not. Rebellious where you were loyal. Carefree where you were responsible. And idiotic. Not you.
 A slight hump on the edge of your vision catches your eye. A corpse. Hollow, soulless. Demons clearly got him. But nothing you could do for him now. you head off, guesturing for your men to follow you. you don't see the 'corpse' begin to move.

Spoiler: Ceriel (click to show/hide)
----------

Your vision blurs back shortly after your hearing, and you struggle to your feet. Hollow she had said. What did that mean? How was that possible. Your train of thought is interupted as you gag, your battered body kicking back in. ugrh.
 you can smell acrid smoke in the wind, and looking round you can see the full extent of your actions. A third of the city, from the industrial district to the docks, lays in various states of ruin, ashes drifting over the ground like tiny tumbleweeds. A single robotic arm and a small section of wall is all that remains still standing of the factory, at least that you can see from here. And suddenly your thoughts return to your friends. Surma was down there somewhere! You retch again, involuntarily. Then again, so was Phenex. And that creature, although it hardly counts as a friend. You can't help but wonder if it is dread, remembering its regrowth from half a head....

Sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 27, 2013, 01:59:36 pm »

CHARGE! we have friends to save! (carter only)
Highly Opinionated Fool

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 28, 2013, 02:32:19 pm »

Anything for ceriel?

Sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 28, 2013, 04:01:12 pm »

look around carefully?
Highly Opinionated Fool

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 30, 2013, 11:30:13 am »

due to a workload spike, this'll be on hold for about a week or two. sorry guys :/

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 30, 2013, 06:07:40 pm »

Hey, it's okay. Until we figure out how to upload our consciousnesses into machines so we can do this stuff 24/7, you have every right to put real life first.
Sig

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 08, 2013, 06:46:52 am »

((Study leave = writing updates now. oh, and added a follower tab to ceriel. because.))

This is what happened when you let demons loose on the world. cities lying in ashes, ruins beneath their feet. Although it would have been much the same if your side had won, wouldn't it? But no. You were trying to save them. That was your mission. You supposed it still was, wasn't it? It suddenly occurs to you how much you rely on orders. that may have to change. At least if you couldn't get back.
 Your reverie is interupted by a movement out of the corner of your eye. you focus on your vision momentarily, shrapening it, just enough to see a withered hand grope its way out of a pile of rubble. You hoped it wasn't them. Not here. Not now.

Spoiler: Ceriel (click to show/hide)
----------

You had to get to your friends. Now. Gulping down the aspirin from your bag, you head off towards the smouldering wreckage, stumbling and falling down the hill. You struggle to your feet at the bottom, no more injured, and look around through the thinning haze. The only landmark is the factory, and you head towards it.
 As you approach however, a crunch to your left makes you spin, and you see a piece of the rubble begin to raise, and a mechanical arm lifting it. It is without hesitation that you head over to help, holding open the gap as a battered Surma drags himself out. A second arm follows, that you can only presume belongs to Phenex, but Surma prys your hands off the load, and it falls back, muffling the cry that emerges from beneath. Ignoring your looks, Surma turns and begins to walk away.

Sigtext

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 08, 2013, 04:15:52 pm »

((On a quick Q, is anyone still interested in this? ))

Sigtext

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 09, 2013, 05:18:58 am »

Yeah. I just haven't had any ideas on what to do yet.

Also, what the hell Surma?
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23