Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: Rapture: A suggestion game.  (Read 18651 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Rapture: A suggestion game.
« Reply #300 on: April 17, 2013, 11:44:29 am »

You step hesitantly forward into the circle of lamplight. As you do the creature turns and smiles at you. the sight is disturbingly reminiscent of a sharks mouth, full of rows and rows of pointed teeth. But it is too late to turn back as the being grabs your hand and presses against the now completed mosaic.
 The last thing you see before you black out is the final pattern in the tiles, a figure holding apart a sea of red below, blue above, and green to all sides.
 The fog, the four horses, the three riders..... it all feels familiar this time. But this time the horses are closer, their riders a little clearer. One lies thin and scrawny, one surrounded by a haze, and the last cloaked. He turns and looks at you from unseen eyes, and words appear, burned across your minds eye.
 'SO YOU ARE THE ONE THE IMMORTALS CHOOSE. SO BE IT. WE ARE BUT DUST BEFORE THEIR WHIMS. EVEN YOU. REMEMBER THAT.'

With that the world shifts again. the fogs return, clouding out the horses, before it fades out again, hovering in the background. And then you turn, the creatures shocking grin in your face. Pulling back you can see the mosaic, suspended in the air, glowing faintly. And between you and it, the being, sitting on its haunches watching you.

Spoiler: John Carver (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 17, 2013, 04:53:44 pm »

"...What was that?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 20, 2013, 04:45:26 am »

'......What was that?'
 'What.........world between worlds?.......never been........can't go........couldn't say........ They speak of me......there........where i can't hear.........did they speak of me?........'
 The creature suddenly draws closer, bringing its face up to yours, its breath smelling of ash and gas.

My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 20, 2013, 08:48:17 am »

"Um...I'm not sure...maybe?"

((Something tells me that switching from a Mesoamerican deity of war to a random guy who knew said deity made a lot of people less interested.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 20, 2013, 08:56:15 am »

(( I noticed. Unfortunately a 1/400 dice roll came up.  :-\

Although there is lot more that the player can do. 'specially given the story. i'm tempted to speed things up a bit, but that kinda ruins the whole 'finding things out' stuff. and i can't really say any more without giving away said story. ))))
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 09:09:31 am by sjm9876 »

Sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 20, 2013, 10:40:42 am »

Im here...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 20, 2013, 11:04:45 am »

'um..... I'm not sure? maybe?'
 You back away from the creature slightly, the creature glaring at you. And then it jumps for you. You don't have time to react except to bring your hands up in front of your face.
 Again the flash. And again the thing burns. Looking down at it, the only discernible features that remain are half its head. You stare down in wonder at your hands, then back to the head. The head that is now complete. As you stare in horror the eyes swivel to meet yours, and the thing grins. Then it laughs, a horrible rasping sound, less audible, more like it has been written into your mind. By now the chest is beginning to form.
 'Now then young one.......would you like to hear a story?'

((Ok, would people like me to speed the game up a little?))

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 20, 2013, 01:12:05 pm »

"Yes, please."

((Yes, please.))
Sig

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 20, 2013, 02:47:45 pm »

'Yes, please...' you reply warily.
 'Good, good. Do you know how the world was made? No matter. You do not. It was no way and every way. The earth you stand on is the flesh of a giant, and the whim of a god, and yet nothing. You come from clay, you come from corpses, you come from spirits. And you come from nothing. That is the beauty of man. The world shapes you, and you shape the world. Not what it is, not what it will be, but what it was. But I digress. The world started many ways. I am here to tell you of the first. The beginning of beginnings.
 At first all was nothing. Even me. And then there was something. Me. My kind. And the world, so empty, so quiet. So calm. And then the usurper. he made things. He made this realm, he made man. He
made. And all was noise. No, I do not like the noise. But you men. So powerful. The worlds bent before your whims. And you made your own destruction. So poetic, as you mortals would say. So beautiful.
 And you..... you are the greatest triumph of man. The man who is not man. I can tell you no more, not without spoiling the fun. but oh, what fun it shall be......'

Then the thing laughed, chilling you to the bone, and turned, leaping at the mosaic, and fading through it, ripples passing where it hit.

Sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 20, 2013, 05:16:20 pm »

BE CREEPED OUT.
Look for friends in the area.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 21, 2013, 09:26:23 am »

Unnerved you look around the area again. the only feature apart from the mosaic you can see is a thin ring in the distance, surrounding you. As you walk towards it, it distinguishes itself inot smaller pieces, and you keep walking, only to see the mosaic. Surrounded by the ring. It doesn't help your nerves.
 Taking the only real choice left, you place your hand back on the mosaic, and lean forward. It sinks through with little resistance, and as your head enters you see a familiar sight - the fog. This time there are only the 4 horses, and their 3 riders. The cloaked rider seems closer than before, but does not react. And then you feel you hand hit air and you stand back in the factory.
 The candles are long since extinguished, burnt down to little more than stumps. There is no sign of the creature. you turn to walk out, but in the dim light trip over a box of televisions on the ground. picking yourself up, you see a single object lying on the ground. A blank playing card, slightly crumpled as if it had fallen from your pocket. Confused, you put it there, to think about later. you have other worries.

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 21, 2013, 01:13:02 pm »

Draw the flaming sword and use it as a torch.

Then look around some.
Sig

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 22, 2013, 11:59:24 am »

Smiling slightly, you pull the sword from its sheath, and screw up your eyes as the light hits them. After a moment however your eyes adjust, and you begin to look around. the factory seems to have been producing electronics, and the robotic manufacturing arms loom eerily in the flickering light. Treading gently, you move around, finding nothing of interest, and deciding to move on to the crates stacked against the walls. You peer into a few, finding a couple of televisions, and a lawnmower. The next crate you open contains fuel, but your hasty attempts to pull the sword away have the opposite of the intended effects. it drops out of your hand, landing directly on top of the cans, and you just have time to grab the sword back before the entire crate goes up in flames and you run out of the building, the flames spreading swiftly behind you.

((the laws of probability state that at some point something good will happen to you. Until then, I apologise.

Sigtext

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 22, 2013, 01:04:23 pm »

Oh shit! RUN! RUN AWAY!

((With This:http://soundcloud.com/marceau84/two-steps-from-hell-skyworld-4 playing in the background!))
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 22, 2013, 03:04:35 pm »

((We'll see how it pans out ;)
on another note, congrats to GWG for becoming the top poster on bay12!!! ))

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23