Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: Rapture: A suggestion game.  (Read 18662 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Rapture: A suggestion game.
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 06:44:52 pm »

Primal sounds good. Don't side with either side, because they're both pretty bad. I mean, the angels are a bit nicer, but the demons win uncontested in honesty.

Yep. Let's fight for humanity, and an earth, now charred, that once was. Let us pick a people and lead them against such things as petty as good and evil.
Waitwaitwait. Who said anything about being 'benevolent to humans' or stuff like that?

Only those who worship us. And I wouldn't say benevolent.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 07:06:40 pm »

Primal sounds good. Don't side with either side, because they're both pretty bad. I mean, the angels are a bit nicer, but the demons win uncontested in honesty.
Yep. Let's fight for humanity, and an earth, now charred, that once was. Let us pick a people and lead them against such things as petty as good and evil.
Waitwaitwait. Who said anything about being 'benevolent to humans' or stuff like that?
Well, we can't be worse than God.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 07:52:04 pm »

as a Primal being we'd resonate with Earth and Humanity better than being nutral or siding with the Angels or Demons.
Bah. I say we throw everyone off the planet and ressurect the days of yore when wild beast wandered the planet and the wild reigned supreme.
None of this silly 'helping people' or 'protecting mortals' business.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 08:04:10 pm »

as a Primal being we'd resonate with Earth and Humanity better than being nutral or siding with the Angels or Demons.
Bah. I say we throw everyone off the planet and ressurect the days of yore when wild beast wandered the planet and the wild reigned supreme.
Still makes us better than the Big Guy. *cough*Serpent*cough*Whydidheevenmakethattree*cough*
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 08:10:40 pm »

Still makes us better than the Big Guy. *cough*Serpent*cough*Whydidheevenmakethattree*cough*
Yeah. I'll try to direct us to the proper style of myth - Irish-style gods!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2013, 05:42:49 am »

You stand shock still in the street, the memories coming back to you. The battle. The blood, the glory. And then....... nothing. You failed your people. Or did they fail you? It is irrelevant now.
 You woke to a world of blood and flames. Disorientated and weak, you left the cave in which you had lain and stumbled out onto the mountainside, only to find the rainforest which was once your home gone. At your feet was instead a concrete jungle, a place of ruin and stink, and it fell even as you watched. From the skies above descended hordes of beings - not men, but imaginings of men. And the ground below was rent by thunder and the demons of Hell broke lose to meet the hosts of Heaven. The clash raged for nearly a week, the city that was the battleground crumbling before your eyes in flashes of lightning and fire. In your weakened state it was all that you could do to remain unseen. But when the smoke finally began to thin, there was no victorious side, no clear winner. Angels and demons alike fell into clouds of aether, and those that had not stood stranded in the streets below. The streets where you now stood.
 It was 2 days ago that you finally descended from the mountain from which you had surveyed the battle. And now you stood here, in a barren city surrounded by enemies and madmen. It was 30 days since the battle, as you knew from the whispers of the man who hid in the sewers below. The fool. He thought himself to be safe. Did he not realise that he only still lived because the divine deemed him too little trouble? You stopped that thought at once. He was part of humanities fighting spirit, as meager as he may seem. And you had once represented this. Whether you still did after your slumber was not yet clear. But first, you had to decide where to begin. The city was on it's knees, as were it's people. There was, of course, the sewer man. But you sensed also a being in the old warehouse to your right, a divine, weaker than even you. Perhaps one injured during the battle. And straight ahead lay a square. Filled with divines, and powerful ones too. Far more than you could take on on your own. It would be best to act quickly.....

Spoiler: Cina (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:21:26 am by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2013, 05:53:16 am »

ptw

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2013, 06:43:00 am »

Where there's one, there's probably more; humans are social animals. If naught else, there could be more. In addition, that square sounds dangerous...and the weak divine as well, for what if he's allied with some greater powers? Or even the ones in the square?

Thus, we will enter the sewers, perhaps as a serpent, and examine/talk with the Sewer Man, contestant in the 2013 Worst Name for a Superhero Contest.
Sig

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2013, 07:37:15 am »

I have a horrible feeling that if you meet again I will be expected to call him 'the sewer man'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2013, 08:21:11 am »

Where there's one, there's probably more; humans are social animals. If naught else, there could be more. In addition, that square sounds dangerous...and the weak divine as well, for what if he's allied with some greater powers? Or even the ones in the square?

Thus, we will enter the sewers, perhaps as a serpent, and examine/talk with the Sewer Man, contestant in the 2013 Worst Name for a Superhero Contest.
We should be careul,though. Sewer Man is likely to attack us simply out of fear.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2013, 08:52:07 am »

try to talk to the weakened divine.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 09:24:23 am »

We should be careul,though. Sewer Man is likely to attack us simply out of fear.
Well, yes, be careful, but that goes no matter what option we choose.
Sig

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2013, 09:35:16 am »

Slay the divine in the warehouse.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2013, 09:50:45 am »

Strong -1. That divine could be friendly, and if we DO slay it, we incur the wrath of its allies...
Sig

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2013, 10:19:15 am »

Strong -1. That divine could be friendly, and if we DO slay it, we incur the wrath of its allies...

Since when are we making friends? Especially with sided troops.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23