Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: Rapture: A suggestion game.  (Read 18727 times)

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
Re: Rapture: A suggestion game.
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2013, 02:16:04 pm »

Smile at him and wrap a friendly am aound his shoulder. "Come, Phenex. Carver, Surma! Meet the newest member of our little group!"
[Soon, we'll make the Angels and Demons remember the true meaning of war.]
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2013, 03:51:10 pm »

Pleased, you smile at him and wrap a friendly arm aound his shoulder.
 "Come, Phenex. Carver, Surma! Meet the newest member of our little group!"
 Phenex recoils slightly at the contact, but he makes no move to remove it. Intending to return to what you now term your 'camp,' you realsie you have only two bikes, but are greeted by the sight of Phenex reverting to his pheonix form, and trailing behind Surma on the way back. The return journey goes much more smoothly now that you know how to use the bike properly, and you arrive back at base in less than half an hour.
 Heading back inside the sewer tunnels, you inquire with the others as to where the other mortals of the city were. After all, surely not all could have died during the battle? Carver is slow to reply:
 "The others are spread wide. Some sided with the angels, and some with demons. Many more remain unallied, and remain in terror of infiltration by the other groups. Thus, it is hard to earn their trust. However, there is a group of survivors in the crypts out by the church. The homeless know where to hide, and so they're the ones who lived. But I warn you, these are hardened people. they will not be easily swayed."

Spoiler: Cina (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:53:32 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2013, 04:24:31 pm »

Go meet them. The members of your group are free to join or not, if they feel like their presence will be helpful or on the contrary cause fear and distrust.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2013, 04:26:03 pm »

"Good. We need hardened warriors. If they are strong, then they will prove themselves. I will give humanity a cause to fight for, and a worthy one at that: taking back that which has been stolen from you."
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2013, 04:39:16 pm »

((ok, to add a bit of pace, and because i currently feel as if ive downed a pint of klatchian coffee,hint: it isn't easy to impress these mortals without a show of power))
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 04:54:10 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 20, 2013, 05:03:22 pm »

((ok, to add a bit of pace, and because i currently feel as if ive downed a pint of klatchian coffee,hint: it isn't easy to impress these mortals without a show of power))
((You don't say. I thought we could just waltz in like we wn the place and they'd immediately begin worshipping us.[/sarcasm]))

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 20, 2013, 05:05:59 pm »

((You don't say. I thought we could just waltz in like we wn the place and they'd immediately begin worshipping us.[/sarcasm]))

So we watch them and toss in the head of a demon lord that rules in the area nearby the crypts. Roger dodger.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 20, 2013, 05:06:54 pm »

((As said, Klatchian coffee))

Sigtext

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 21, 2013, 12:54:07 pm »

"Good. We need hardened warriors. If they are strong, then they will prove themselves."
 "Just don't count on them even trying to though."
 It takes just under two hours to arrive at the church, as marred as the rest of the city. Ironic how little the angels care for their own. You move on after this little observation through the wrought iron gate into the cemetary, it's cross laden arch bent and misshapen. And then you come to the crypt. It is a hulking structure of solid stone, the door flanked by twin monoliths with engravings of those inside. The new inhabitants have made their own changes too - a horned skull is pinned to the mantle above the door, which you promptly enter. As it creaks open, those inside jump to their feet, weapons drawn. You cast your eyes over them as they bristle, taking in their slipshod clothing and tattered clothes, and the looks in their eyes that say this isn't new to them. Then Carver steps through the door behind you. The leader of the gang, whilst still clearly suspicous, drops the barrel of his rifle when he sees him.
 "Carver my friend, is that really you? We thought you were a gonner."
 "No, not me Mickey. I just ran into a few new friends. Meet Cina. He wants to speak to you"
 "But he's one of them. What does he want with us?"

"I want your help. And, in return, I will help you. I will give humanity a cause to fight for, and a worthy one at that: taking back that which has been stolen from you. What do you say?"
 There is a clamor in the hall, before the one called Mickey raises a hand.
 "If you can do that, why do you need us? We aren't going to help someone like your kind, 'specially if you just expect it without our respect. You can take your bloody cause and stick it up your ass 'less you got something to show for yourself"

Sigtext

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 21, 2013, 01:02:00 pm »

Can we just morph into lizard form and do stuff?
For the speech, say that we just awakened, we are far from our maximum powa, we need humans to increase our power, and finally that we can't really fight alone, per our nature (fighting spirit of humanity)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2013, 01:06:22 pm »

((Morphing into a more reptile form can be done powerlessley as long as you don't abuse it.))

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2013, 03:47:41 pm »

"If a band of demons or troop of angels was marching for your settlement, would you expect your leader to march out, alone and unsupported, and fight them? Similarly, I cannot hope to prevail without the help of those I will save."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2013, 04:21:33 pm »

"What keeps you trapped in this tomb, mortals? Who is it, in this area, from which you avoid?"
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 22, 2013, 12:36:41 pm »

"Then who is it from which you hide here? Why do you cower so?"
 "Cower? We do not cower. We merely survive. Where else do you expect us to go when the city rages with you divines? We hide from you and all like you, so that we may live."
 "But if a band of demons or troop of angels was marching for your settlement, would you expect your leader to march out, alone and unsupported, and fight them? Similarly, I cannot hope to prevail without the help of those I will save."
 "Armies of divines have marched for our 'settlement'. Open your eyes. We support each other, and we've all proved ourselves to one another. We're all in the same ship. But you? You're a divine, not our goddamn leader. You may be Carvers friend, but that doesn't mean we can trust you more than any others of the nonhuman bastards."

Sigtext

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 22, 2013, 01:59:41 pm »

"But why hide when you can simply crush those who threaten you? Is it not more honourable to die fighting than to slowly waste away, cowering in fear, waiting for the killing blow?"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23