Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) DoomOnion is your DM!  (Read 19300 times)

Lorgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) DoomOnion is your DM!
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2013, 07:23:05 pm »

I'm going to be a Buccaneer with pipe, pistols and a sword of some description. Unless anyone has any issues with that, of course.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2013, 07:29:20 pm »

Aw, damn. I thought I was going to be the parties resident gunslinger. Also, it'd be cool if people with character ideas could mention their nationality. It'll probably serve some part in the initial inter-party relationships.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2013, 07:42:49 pm »

My oracle is probably going to be from london
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2013, 07:58:06 pm »

I didn't see any mention of it in the OP, but are we doing Point Buy (and in that case how many?) or rolling attributes?

I'm going to be a Buccaneer with pipe, pistols and a sword of some description. Unless anyone has any issues with that, of course.

Gunslinger, Buccaneer, I assume, or are you surprising us with a Bard, Buccaneer?

Aw, damn. I thought I was going to be the parties resident gunslinger. Also, it'd be cool if people with character ideas could mention their nationality. It'll probably serve some part in the initial inter-party relationships.

Mine will either be a Dutchman, or a Spaniard. Possibly a decendant of the original colonists conquistadors pillagers. Or maybe Navarrese. Not decided yet. Leaning to something Spanish.
Love, scriver~

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2013, 08:02:13 pm »

We are using 20 point buy

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2013, 03:03:38 pm »

Well, there's magic. That immediately suggests that a continent in ascendancy has a firm enough grasp to be given an edge over the others, in which case I'd like the policy of heretic purging to be well fleshed out and reasoned. Secondly, it's a new continent. Resources are well and good, but the appeal is exploiting it's magic, flora, fauna practitioners and otherwise. Frankly i'd be disappointed if the foreign territories in their empires didn't see it as an opportunity.

Ah, I think I kind of understand it now. Well, magic is treated like culture and idealogy, people around the world tend to focus on certain aspects or schools of magic, so there's no real dominance over others. It is also noteable that this period is where magic starts to decline. The spanish started the grand inquisition since 15th century, and it's still on-going, and many natural philosophers started focusing on the material world, not spiritual world.

Also, new players to pathfinder are welcome. Don't be discouraged to send your character sheets to me.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 03:07:15 pm by DoomOnion »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2013, 03:07:30 pm »

Well, since apparently black powder is extremely expensive, and one dose can only fire one shot I'm either going to have to re-roll my character or do an entirely different class. I didn't imagine that as a gunslinger, I'd only be able to shoot five shots before having to wait a long time to get the money to be able to shoot another five shots again.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2013, 03:11:03 pm »

How much gold are we going to start with?

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2013, 03:11:25 pm »

Well, since apparently black powder is extremely expensive, and one dose can only fire one shot I'm either going to have to re-roll my character or do an entirely different class. I didn't imagine that as a gunslinger, I'd only be able to shoot five shots before having to wait a long time to get the money to be able to shoot another five shots again.

You have gunsmithing. You can literally pull gunpowder out of your ass due to the abundance of materials with 90% discount to the price. Hell, you can even loot them from enemies fairly often depending on who you are fighting.

I would suggest re-working of your character, though.
You have extremely low strength, It's not in the area of 'maluses' yet, but I would recommend bringing it up to at least 12. You already have trouble carrying your own musket around with 10 str.
Also, your ac is 13. That is really problematic. I don't really want to kill off characters, but I'm not really going to GM godmod the game to guaruntee party members' survival. Don't be surprised if you die off in about 2 sessions if you are going to stick with 13 AC..

...Also, get a sabre or something. Gunpowders and muskets are -not- reliable. They are not modern day assult rifles. It may get broken, it may blow up in your own hands, hell, the gunpowder may even get wet. So prepare for a melee at all times.
How much gold are we going to start with?
Refer to your class page, you may spend as much as your class's average wealth lets you.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 03:16:52 pm by DoomOnion »

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2013, 04:52:58 pm »

OP has been updated, I'ved added a primer for the settings, so character making will be a lot easier.
Sometime this week I will move the thread to Forum Games and Roleplay, so don't be surprised to see this thread vanish out of nowhere.

I'm thinking of starting a session this sunday, so I would appreciate it if you could send your character sheets to me as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:54:42 pm by DoomOnion »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2013, 05:04:58 pm »

Hah, I'm an idiot. Sorry for jumping to conclusions there, in my fit of idiocy I forgot that I could make bullets and gunpowder. Duh.
Welcome to Reality.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2013, 10:44:43 am »

Current party roster:
1 Oracle (Healer)
1 Gunslinger (Ranged)
1 Rogue(?) (Skill Monkey & Melee)

I'm looking for possibly a melee fighter, or maybe an alchemist or something quirky like that.
2 slots available at the moment.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2013, 11:49:53 am »

How fortunate that I happen to be a melee fighter then. You'll have my sheet by the end of the day. Been too busy thinking long term and plowing myself into the Feat Jungle to actually finish the chargen.

I'm also glad someone made a Rogue (who?). I noticed none in the thread had chosen one, so I was thinking of making a Face Rogue. And as much as I want to be, I'm not really good at playing Faces ;)
Love, scriver~

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2013, 11:54:02 am »

I don't think you have to worry about party faces, both our oracle and our gunslinger have 18~20 charisma.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 11:55:36 am by DoomOnion »

Lorgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2013, 03:53:32 pm »

Oi! I didn't say I definitely was going to play a Rogue, just that I was thinking about it!

I've got three different character ideas at the moment, and as ever I'm having difficulty picking just one. Here goes:

1) A Gunslinger Buccaneer, dual weilding pistols, swords or the environment as the mood takes him. He'd be the traditional salty sea-dog type, hopefully on the crew of the ship we begin on. I imagine he'd be the most fun to play, actually, so I'm leaining toward it most.

2) A Rogue (no archetype as yet), with a pistol when needed and a rapier. Piles of skills because I love skills, but he'd have been a sailor for a while like the last guy. Alternatively, I did find some interesting stuff on the internet about penal transportation to the Americas, so I don't know. I usually love playing rogues but I have less interest in this guy for some reason - but we do need a rogue!

3) Someone who from Venice or France who is essentially a duellist. Hrm. That's all I got for that one.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 04:05:34 pm by Lorgath »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15