Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Photos from Liberia - 2013  (Read 1293 times)

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Photos from Liberia - 2013
« on: March 15, 2013, 11:23:11 am »

I took a trip to Liberia in February. Thought I would share photos here in case anyone that I interact with on this forum care to see them.

Images from Liberia 2013.

It's an outside link because it is over one hundred photos.

We can discuss world poverty in this thread if anyone wants.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 11:25:15 am by pilgrimboy »
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Photos from Liberia - 2013
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 11:49:02 am »

Pretty cool.  Its nice to see pictures where people are smiling.  When I was growing up all I ever saw of Africa was those starving children with flies on their faces adverts, so for a long time I thought everyone in Africa was like that all the time.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 02:00:31 pm »

I wonder where the balance between not putting a boot (or resources) on the ground and preventing the continent from blaming the west and with China's manipulations the east when i believe we already have enough serious problems from small embittered nations. Either you develop, likely with chunks of the old brass intact and provide the infrastructure and skills for said problems if decreasing the will, or have it happen eventually anyway with far more popular support.

Pretty cool.  Its nice to see pictures where people are smiling.  When I was growing up all I ever saw of Africa was those starving children with flies on their faces adverts, so for a long time I thought everyone in Africa was like that all the time.

I'm afraid that all that ever seems to be done, or thought, about it.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 04:31:44 pm »

I forgot! Nice photos :).
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 05:14:15 pm »

Liberia is an interesting place. China is there en masse. They are building roads from the iron ore to the ports. But America is also there. But the government is so corrupt.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 05:59:09 pm »

Whoa, those pineapples.

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 07:19:55 pm »

It was the biggest pineapple I ever saw. It cost a $1. They cut it for us. Only to find out by one of my co-travelers that he didn't eat it because they were using the knife they cut it with on chicken just prior to using it on the pineapple. Without washing it in between. He tells us after we eat it. I didn't get sick though.