Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31

Author Topic: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess  (Read 147551 times)

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer fort reborn!
« Reply #315 on: September 15, 2015, 08:00:05 pm »

Getting seg faults whenever I attempt  to craft lavish meals made of groundhog meat and/or groundhog tallow.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 16, 2015, 05:36:58 am »

Awesome, works marvelously, hacked up the items for an anvil, it just built it in Q mode properly, dropped some steel and coal bars, it just forged the items appropriately and when it ran out it told me it failed because of quick select items.

Hmmm, trying to reproduce it, first time I went further north from the tower nearby after making the stuff and went to fast travel and it crashed. I wasn't in the site when I made it (and it displayed that info properly!) so I loaded up and tried again near the site and it didn't crash. Gonna see if I can get it to crash by building it in the same spot as the crash did.

Weird, can't reproduce it.

Using dfhack without twbt, usually it's absurdly stable, built a forge, made an axe and pick and flask, it told me when it failed, went further north and tried to move east and it crashed. Did it again but it didn't crash this time so I don't think it's specifically an advfort thing. Oh and the forge persisted properly in the tower site!

I was getting crashes when trying to build buildings with missing items in quick mode. I thought i fixed that so not sure if it's the same thing.

Getting seg faults whenever I attempt  to craft lavish meals made of groundhog meat and/or groundhog tallow.
Will investigate!

Edit: could not reproduce lavish meal crash :/. But i think it incorrectly allows to cook meals with meals as ingredient (that might crash df). So fixed that.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 06:04:18 am by Warmist »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 16, 2015, 10:58:58 am »

Hmmm, I didn't try to build with quick and a missing item, just tried to forge something, other than that it's stable.

Ok, that did it.

I tried to forge something in a metalsmith's forge without charcoal and quick mode, it failed and crashed when I tried to travel.

line 43 5330 seg fault, don't see anything useful in the errorlog though.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 11:02:55 am by Max™ »

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 17, 2015, 12:08:41 pm »

Gah, must be something I'm doing wrong then. I succeeded in cooking a meal, but after doing heck knows what, I'm getting crashes for any craft related work.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 17, 2015, 02:58:50 pm »

Hmmm, I didn't try to build with quick and a missing item, just tried to forge something, other than that it's stable.

Ok, that did it.

I tried to forge something in a metalsmith's forge without charcoal and quick mode, it failed and crashed when I tried to travel.

line 43 5330 seg fault, don't see anything useful in the errorlog though.
Okay found the problem. Will fix soon(tm).

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 17, 2015, 07:30:05 pm »

Awesomesauce.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 18, 2015, 12:34:32 pm »

There it should be more stable. Was deleting job (if you somehow fail it e.g. by missing items) but was not removing completely. There might be corner cases where it would still crash but it should be more easily trackable and fixable now.

Edit: more changes- fixed track carving and added safety checks. It should cancel "long-wait" when detecting unsafe conditions (e.g. player is in pain or drowning). Probably will save few of ya...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 04:20:10 am by Warmist »

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 20, 2015, 01:38:13 am »

Every time I try to begin a job (with the right tools and everything) it always says "You are not on site"
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 20, 2015, 05:22:23 am »

Every time I try to begin a job (with the right tools and everything) it always says "You are not on site"
Which version do you use? There probably is a newer one referenced by first post.
If it's the final are you calling advfort by "gui/advfort -s" for safe version? If so it's designed you to stop building stuff where it will dissapear on unloading.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 20, 2015, 08:45:01 am »

OH okay I was wondering what task 99hedgehog was doing that would require a site... then I remember yeah you can't build walls or dig off site with out the game reverting the changes.
items and buildings are the only thing that would be saved when you unload so you could bury lost treasures for people to find. or hide evidence 

for advfort site mechanics if you dive into your site flags and flip flag 2 to true you can fast travel out of the area. combine this with the knowledge of sites near the edge of water or mountains allows you to travel on them.
it's possible to make SiteRoads, or a Site Dock for sea traveling.
the process of doing that is kinda on the site poking and changing the size of them, and while doable I have no idea on how to make sites via scripts or GUI pretty a script where you install a dock, or mountain road (with fast travel capabilities).

another idea is to make a mobile player site which acts as a small boat/car that moves based on the 8 corners while you fast travel to and allows you to part through the water, but I'm dreaming at that point.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 20, 2015, 03:44:10 pm »

Hey guys, I just started using this awesome mod today, but I encountered a problem.

Every time I try to claim a site with a figurine, this shows up on my dfhack, and in game the figurine turns into a small rock.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyone know how I can fix this?  :(

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 21, 2015, 01:17:10 am »

Hey guys, I just started using this awesome mod today, but I encountered a problem.

Every time I try to claim a site with a figurine, this shows up on my dfhack, and in game the figurine turns into a small rock.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyone know how I can fix this?  :(
Auch... The parameters in function call changed. Where did you get this? Is it "lazy noob pack" or did you install manually?
If you have enough proficiency i can explain what to do for it to work again.

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 21, 2015, 05:31:50 am »

I did install the mod and dfhack manually from what I understood of Isher's guide,

But I think I have enough proficiency to try to fix it, so if you could explain to me how then I'll give it a try

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 21, 2015, 09:27:50 am »

I did install the mod and dfhack manually from what I understood of Isher's guide,

But I think I have enough proficiency to try to fix it, so if you could explain to me how then I'll give it a try

• Open "\hack\lua\plugins\eventful.lua" with text editor
  • Change line 49 from "_registeredStuff.reactionCallbacks[reaction.code](reaction,reaction_product,unit,input_items,input_reagents,output_items,call_native)"
  • To "_registeredStuff.reactionCallbacks[reaction.code](reaction,unit,input_items,input_reagents,output_items,call_native,reaction_product)"

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 21, 2015, 02:53:45 pm »

Thank you so much, that fixed it!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31