Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: Castle doctrine - MMO house defense - Dev in thread  (Read 17354 times)

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
Re: Castle doctrine - MMO house defense - Dev in thread
« Reply #165 on: March 18, 2013, 12:30:02 am »

Also if you cut a steel way you could potentially completely disable a significant portion of someone's defensive system.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 18, 2013, 12:46:25 am »

They stop powered doors from closing.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 18, 2013, 02:29:09 am »

Of course.  One must treat the dead with respect.  I also enjoy how you refuse to wantonly kill other's family.  Very noble of you.  Anyways, may I suggest an idea for one of your videos?  What if next time you die, instead of trying to rebuild your traps, take that first two grand and invest in being a full-time robber.  I think it would be more interesting to see you try and take on the tough houses because you won't be scared to lose your base and family.  That's my two cents at least.
Tried it, doesn't work...
You Buy what you need and the rest of the cash gets stolen the moment you step out the door, leaving you with nothing unless you find something worth it to keep going with a dead family...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 18, 2013, 02:52:43 am »

Here is one for someone to figure out...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was there for at least 5 minutes rocking back and forth to see if it auto turned off...

I have kinda given up protecting the family from now on. The point is that there is NO Defense that you can set up that fully keeps them alive all the time cause one guy can just door dance until they come to him. Even if you put a Pitbull in to stop that, he can just kill it or put it asleep when it comes into view, all other Pitbulls are stuck behind it but the family just walks straight past them into the robbers hands...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 03:14:28 am by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 18, 2013, 03:17:34 am »

Here is one for someone to figure out...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hmm I robbed this guy the other day... Seems he did not appreciate me using a mixture of water and blowtorch to get through his trap xD
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 18, 2013, 03:24:29 am »

I ended up getting through his trap, I used water but not sure which method worked. You could risk it, but I think if you go down then up it turns it off...

EDIT:: OMG WTF BBQ!!!
I enter this house, it has 3 electric floors directly against the door. I look at it, "Ok so they can't turn on as I enter, looks like I can do this..." BAM DEAD THEY TURN ON THE FIRST STEP...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 03:29:40 am by Neyvn »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 18, 2013, 04:48:15 am »

:-\ I do have to say there is some very SUSS places out there...
Never been visited, has 9000$, place is well defended and family is already dead/gone... WTF IS WITH THIS... I visited him a while ago and he head over 60 visits and 30 deaths or so. Now it reset??? WTF... Name is the same, Paulio or such...
I swear there are people that have hacked in already...

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 18, 2013, 05:07:24 am »

the counter resets after wife or kids die. So if someone killed your wife then 200000 tries later killed your child then the counter goes down to 0 same if someone robs you it all goes down to 0

I have also found out that any damage done to your house is permanent if you either lose a wife or kids or someone robs from your safe Or someone damages the same block in a row like 5-10 times
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 18, 2013, 07:09:38 am »

After being eaten by my own dogs in a horrific testing accident, me and my cube of death are back, and it's better than ever. I'm currently ranking in around #7 on the list if you want to give it a try. ;-)
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

castledefender

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 18, 2013, 12:34:35 pm »

The counter is reset whenever the house owner makes any change on his house. When a wife or kid dies then they're forced (almost always) to make a change and clear out the body so it doesn't block the other family members. But I believe the rule is when any change is made. That's why you're seeing 0 visit houses with so much money.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #175 on: March 18, 2013, 02:35:17 pm »

The counter is reset whenever the house owner makes any change on his house. When a wife or kid dies then they're forced (almost always) to make a change and clear out the body so it doesn't block the other family members. But I believe the rule is when any change is made. That's why you're seeing 0 visit houses with so much money.

Yup, any change resets the counter, you can observe that happen in my LP. After any change, my security tapes start counting from the beginning again, 0 tries, 0 deaths.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 18, 2013, 09:58:23 pm »

You people seem to enjoy your family members more when they're dead and entomb-able.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 19, 2013, 11:46:27 am »

Got this today. I love designing funny traps.

But is there any proper way of defending your family as it is? The robber can just wait at the entrance until they arrive, right?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 19, 2013, 11:51:54 am »

JUST HAD A FANTASTIC IDEA!!!

Ok, stick with me here.
You have one of those Combination Locks, WHICH, the moment that you get it wrong after say the 3rd button press, the path opens, ONLY FOR IT TO SET OFF AND KILL YOU ON THE LAST TILE!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 19, 2013, 02:11:07 pm »

Quick question - can any item break or otherwise disable an electric floor trap that isn't currently on?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17