Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Castle doctrine - MMO house defense - Dev in thread  (Read 17387 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle doctrine - MMO house defense - Dev in thread
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2013, 05:49:33 am »

Just saw a place... Charles M. SOuthern... If this guy isn't suss then I don't know what is....

Top of the list, 130k. Visited 1 Killed 0, Front Door covered in Electric Plates and Family not there again.
This seems to be ONE PLAYER who to my assumption has a few accounts, He has his mule come in and kill his family allowing him to set up his base while the mule does the robbing over and over again and is visited by said Mail to pick up the cash for the that he has created....

This is only an assumption, but damn does it look very suss...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 06:00:15 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2013, 05:56:08 am »

Neyvn if you think he is doing that then I suggest you report it.. 130k does sounds very weird for someone to have and I have never seen anyone with that amount since I have been playing ( except him of course)
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2013, 06:00:58 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What I am seeing right now...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 06:42:29 am by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2013, 06:26:44 am »

im confused ?.....

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2013, 06:30:41 am »

Wow, I hate when that happens... I have duel monitors, sometimes it thinks the other is the active window for some reason, changing....

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2013, 06:42:12 am »

Wow, I hate when that happens... I have duel monitors, sometimes it thinks the other is the active window for some reason, changing....

ahh i see that makes more sense haha.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2013, 06:43:28 am »

ahh i see that makes more sense haha.
Yeah for some reason it makes my Shitty Monitor (second) my MAIN? While my Great Monitor the Secondary, so anything thats on my Main gets hit unless its maximized or something, so much fiddling sometimes... Anyway Fixed...

Brons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2013, 07:34:30 am »

I almost want there to be a sandbox mode that gives you all the money you need to make the perfect (but fair) trap. I saw that he will be releasing the server code too so maybe it can be modified to give everyone shitloads of money

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2013, 12:45:30 pm »

Just saw a place... Charles M. SOuthern... If this guy isn't suss then I don't know what is....

Top of the list, 130k. Visited 1 Killed 0, Front Door covered in Electric Plates and Family not there again.
This seems to be ONE PLAYER who to my assumption has a few accounts, He has his mule come in and kill his family allowing him to set up his base while the mule does the robbing over and over again and is visited by said Mail to pick up the cash for the that he has created....

This is only an assumption, but damn does it look very suss...
Everyone who is successful is not a cheater or an abuser of the game. Maybe he just got extremely lucky and guessed the combination for an extremely rich person's lock. Nevertheless, claims like that shouldn't be made unless there is serious evidence to back them up.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2013, 02:17:00 pm »

I think in the case of Pounds, the money comes from the fact so many people have died to his traps.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2013, 08:33:36 pm »

Ok quite confused about one supervault.
Its a narrow path of electric floors, only a 2x1 gap with electricity blocking the door. If you wait, the power turns on, if you go, the power turns on. HOW is this a fair thing...

I just uploaded an episode of my Castle Doctrine LP in which I think I visit the house you were talking about here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJD2tNsG9EA it's the house I visit at 19:30, if it's the one you were talking about.

Mr. Boh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2013, 08:48:43 pm »

Okay, I just finished uploading a short tutorial that covers how each of the defence items (including the pets) work. It's about 12 minutes long, and probably only of use to those who've not played the game much, or for whom electronics are especially confusing.

It can be found here: How Things Work

At the beginning of the tutorial I log in to find out that I, and my wife, had earned some money. Interestingly enough, my wife earned twice as much money as I did.

Hope it helps :)

This was extremely helpful. Thank you!

It never clicked that the voltage switches needed to receive from a particular direction. It was just sort of magic when I had a setup that worked with them. Much appreciated.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2013, 09:20:11 pm »

I return home to find my wife and dogs murdered by two men, who stole my mere $80.

What monsters would even do such a thing?!

Even damaging my humble maze.. Just.. Monsters.

What hearts they have left must have turned hard and black long ago... you have my condolences :(

crfog

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2013, 09:30:31 pm »

Just got started with this game today as I stumbled across Cernunnos videos and instantly feel in love with the concept (great job with the videos, by the way).  Once I got a look at the tile pieces after buying the game, I set out to design the most frustratingly hard puzzle I could, deciding that a combination lock with multiple moving components would be the most difficult for a robber to overcome.  I've gone through three different iterations this afternoon and am finally happy with it.  I love the ability to play back the recordings - that's how I learned from each iteration; seeing how my traps were defeated really helped me to improve them.  Currently sitting at around 20k worth.  Pretty good considering the people above me don't seem to have their families surviving and I do.

If anyone comes across my puzzle, give it a go (and maybe tell me what my name is...I feel like there should be a way to see your own name in game).  If you enter a puzzle with about 20 pitbulls coming at you and forcing you inside a self closing door, you know you've found the right one  :D

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2013, 10:34:54 pm »

I tried it. And then died. ;-)
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17