Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Castle doctrine - MMO house defense - Dev in thread  (Read 17370 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Re: Castle doctrine - MMO house defense - Dev in thread
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2013, 06:19:09 am »

Report it I'm sure that is cheating - if you just email the dev he will take a look at it.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2013, 06:29:51 am »

Here he is...
Completely surrounded Entrance, Family no where in sight, dead or alive.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He always seems to have the same name too...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2013, 06:33:51 am »

Oh yeah I have seen him, if your kids or wife die you can delete their dead bodies, I remember cause I killed his wife and one of his children :p

Also I'f you don't die then you will keep your same name, I have had mine for nearly 2 days now due to not diying in someone's house :D

Just take some bottled water and blow torches with you and you will be fine
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 06:35:55 am by ScriptWolf »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2013, 06:39:01 am »

Well thats stupid though, it should be a goal to keep your family alive. Maybe an end goal would be if your whole family dies you Drink your self to Death or something. It shouldn't be fair that someone can just let their family get killed while having a very safe home...

Edit:: I don't know if he changes the code or not, but its the last group and the bottom middle or so, working from the back or so...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 06:41:39 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2013, 07:03:53 am »

You rotter! I'm fairly sure that's why some guy murdered my wife... I have a feeling he was annoyed with my maze, as he waited for her to show up, then shot her, then carried on without even picking anything up off her corpse!

The swine.

Wait, didn't your place have a way to stop people doing the front door shuffle? Or did he do it further/kill the dogs...
By the way, Subscribed to your channel ^_^

It does, yeah, he put the first dog to sleep (or it was dead from a previous robber, I forget) but because he'd done the shuffle, he eventually died in the trap maze... a small consolation for a dead wife :(
Maybe he did grab the cash but dropped it again when your trap killed him?

Did you have to make several guesses to get further into the house ? Did it have lots of art ? And was it covered in concrete and steel walls ? If so I hate you >,>

nope i only had 2,000 and nearly 200 people tried to rob me... only 1 did it xD and i even still have all my house he got so so lucky and chose the entrance jsut above my safe :P

EDIT: IT WAS YOU !!!! DAMN YOU AND YOUR DAMN WATERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

edit (2): thank you for showing the flaw with my security and your water that has now been fixed before i go to work :P your 1 shot water trick wont work now!!!
1 shot water trick? It took an almost full inventory of water to get into the house I robbed. Otherwise what you've described sounds similar. I was really lucky to find the right path early on.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2013, 07:08:21 am »

Sorry by 1 shot water trick what happened was this guy I saw on the tapes ( ok sure it was you now ) would poor water on one of my fences which turned off all the other fencing, outside of the little tube where he was ment to die. It was meant to be electrified but he put water on 1 fence which turned off the whole floor due to poor wireing on my part T.T

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2013, 08:42:18 am »

I bought this today. Looks great.

For my first attempt, I made five small rooms, four with pitbulls and one with my safe. I thought it was a pretty solid defense, only I was robbed within a minute. Apparently the dogs were faintly visible from the other side of the doors, so the robber could figure out which door was safe. Curses!!

So, when is somebody making a building guide?
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2013, 09:25:04 am »

So how does this game play? Is it asynchronous?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2013, 10:59:30 am »

For my first attempt, I made five small rooms, four with pitbulls and one with my safe. I thought it was a pretty solid defense, only I was robbed within a minute. Apparently the dogs were faintly visible from the other side of the doors, so the robber could figure out which door was safe. Curses!!
Put chinchillas behind the safe doors and they'll not be able to tell either way.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2013, 11:01:40 am »

So how does this game play? Is it asynchronous?

Yes.  You have unlimited time (assuming you're not inactive) and 2000 dollars to set up defenses.  Once you're finished, you have to reach your safe without using tools to prove it's possible, and then you go to the lobby.  You'll never see another active player, the closest you get is security tapes which are recordings after the fact.
Shoes...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2013, 11:57:28 am »

I enjoyed Cerunnos's video, but his approach gave me an idea:

Putting some pitbulls early on as a way of putting pressure on the robbers is a nice idea. However, with some luck, they can run back to escape, and this being Bay12, this design lacks wanton goriness and cruelty if they can do that.

So, what I propose is a system where, if you decide to enter the maze, there's no turning back, the pit blocks off the exit or you cut it off some other way. Add some fake paths and a couple of pitbulls and it's death or glory MONIES for the burglar.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Mr. Boh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2013, 01:23:25 pm »

The game is awesome but it really sucks that you permanently die during the "prove your house is fair" stage and have to restart.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2013, 02:19:45 pm »

The game is awesome but it really sucks that you permanently die during the "prove your house is fair" stage and have to restart.
Well, I agree with there being the risk of death when testing your house, I just wish you could have your tools as a backup in case you screw yourself (but you'd still have to beat the house without using any tools in order to validate it as fair).

Mr. Boh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2013, 02:25:59 pm »

I disagree. I think it should be a harm-free environment where you can test your traps/prove your house is valid. It sucks spending 10 minutes working on your house, try to test it, and then get eaten by a dog or something, only to find you have to start over from a blank slate.

It should return you to the build stage allowing you to modify the house. Anything else is just tedious and discourages experimentation to some degree.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2013, 02:38:53 pm »

Don't die.  New idea.  Pitbulls just south of the door, making the player want to go north.  North there's a three-way fork, but no treasure on either of them.  The treasure is in another fork to the south which will be trapped when I get some extra money.

The player must go against their instinct and run forward instead of north, where they'll find a set of trapdoors to get rid of the pitbulls (I may try to think of a nonlethal way to do this later).  Once they've done that they can go south and get the treasure.  I'm betting on nobody thinking to go forward.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17