Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Shaping of the Void  (Read 1664 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Shaping of the Void
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 03:09:00 am »

As the floor shifted and changed, it thought and decided that indeed, the floor needed changing. And four another words came in, and that was fire, wind, water, and door.

It makes the four classical elements, but instead of Earth, there are random doors, doorways and entrances that take you to specific other door. Just because one door leads to another does not mean it's true vice versa.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 04:04:14 am »

The being looked upon his creature.
Yesss... Perfect.
It entered the great stone serpent and looked through it's eyes.
It looked upon the present cosmos and spoke a word.
GROW.
The floor below began to shudder and change, spires raising and falling as an ever-changing landscape asserted itself.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 04:10:24 am »

(Awesome timing. I was just listening to music and just as I read that the music went into it's crescendo.)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 05:08:09 am »

(How did I miss this? Damned sleep!)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 07:39:46 am »

Dang, is it too late for me to join?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 07:52:37 am »

And the presence looked. He did not like what he saw.

With his power, he manifested a realm he could explore. A realm of the sleeping, the dreaming.

The Somnic Realm.
Create the Somnic Realm, an alternate plane where dreams are materialized. This gives the Presence energy slowly, and he alone can traverse it without limit.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 07:57:18 am »

And yet, despite it's naming, it did not have a name.

But now it had. The Green Eyed Man.

It gave it... purpose. Perhaps it was more like a leader, an ideal, rather then a name... But a name, nonetheless. But he needed energy, and energy like all things was at risk of entropy. The dots connected together, and he had an idea. Death itself would power him. As the microbes fought and died, he would gain more energy. And as they became more intelligent, more energy. He grinned. Long-term planning. This sounded like a very good idea. A very very good idea.

The Green Eyed Man arranges it so that all energy lost from death will give him power, more or less depending on how intelligent the creature who died was.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 08:05:31 am »

Um, just ignore this post if I can't join.

A new presence emerged. Seeing all that was created, he was jealous of all that was created, and thus he created Envy.

He wanted to spite the others, yet he couldn't speak, so he created language. Every word in this tongue contained a part of the energy, every word created by a sentient being took a tiny bit of power from the void, and when it was spoken on the presences behalf, the energy was released and the presence could once again reclaim the power he so envies.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 08:10:15 am »

The great serpent gazed upon it's siblings and saw them grow strong, leeching power from what they had created like parasites. Reaching down, it crafted from stone a race of beings, ten score in number, with granite for flesh and diamonds for eyes. It gave them life, commanded them to grow and safeguarded them from the predations of the others. Looking upon it's children, the serpent named them Aldervaunts.

Basically, creating 200 intelligent creatures of living stone. They don't sleep, so no dreams, and they don't die (in the sense that Fniff can draw power from).

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 08:24:02 am »

The presence needed a name, if sentient beings had names, why shouldn't he? He named himself He Who Wants.

He created a massive library full of stolen and forbidden knowledge. In it, there were strange humanoid beings who shared their Creator's
envy and greed. They built a machine, from the dark secrets they stole, which consumed the matter of a sacrificed being to produce power.

The machine, however, was not perfect, for the tomes and blueprints to design it were flawed. It did not send most of the energy to He Who Wants, instead, it flung the energy back to the void, ready to be taken by anyone.

Essentially a generator for my power, with many flaws. It also gives back power to the Void.

By the way, do the Aldervaunts talk?  ;D
Dying of laughter?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 09:47:54 am »

Dude, you checked with the OP that you're in yet?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 10:02:38 am »

GRAB A THOUSAND KILO AND MAKE A KILO GENERATOR

we're doing this

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2013, 10:53:16 am »

Xant, Gamerlord, Elf, Sorcerer, and Fniff are in. I'll post a turn when I can get to a computer. Javier, slowpoke, and cheesecake are on waitlist.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 10:56:29 am by Jbg97 »
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2013, 04:07:10 pm »

Create time so things work. Join the waitlist.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2013, 06:33:18 pm »

Thanks for putting me on the waitlist.

Just ignore my posts until I'm in.
Dying of laughter?
Pages: 1 [2] 3