Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Rise of the Clans  (Read 8458 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Clans
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2013, 10:49:34 am »

*cough* are you in a dwarven fortress or what *cough*
Even the avatars expire eventually.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2013, 10:57:00 am »

Indeed, this is a dwarven fortress.
And you know what is positively the dwarfiest?

TREASURE
A mountain full of treasure! Treasure stacked to the ceiling! Gems, silk, statues, and mugs! Gold, platinum, and adamantine everything! Caravans lining up at the gates just to catch a glimps of the mountains of valuables we have!

That's what Dwarf Fortress is all about.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2013, 11:10:34 am »

Yeah, I mean, look how hard you all had to work to join an up and growing Dwarf Treasure like this. Treasure is in the name and everything!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2013, 11:27:02 am »

Stick me in the maildwarves then! :) Gimme a printout of my character's stats too so I can roleplay. :)

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2013, 05:48:49 pm »

Oh, and do you roll dice once per clan or once per clan member?
I'm thinking one dice still per clan but no members, x10, one member, x11, two members x12, ect.
That sound fair? Giving bonus to having teammates but not UBER-bonus.

Stick me in the maildwarves then! :) Gimme a printout of my character's stats too so I can roleplay. :)
Gotta name?

Mjattie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2013, 05:53:55 pm »

Yeah, it'll atleast let the clans use their members a bit more.
EDIT: I suggest the Baron's quarters look out into the caverns, with bridges between the windows and the flying building destroyers, so they can be opened in an emergency.
Sorry, I saw you accidentally wrote closed, so I fixed it.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2013, 06:38:41 pm »

"Dig!" yelled Magia and Vendix as they swung the two picks that were brought.

Silver was silently setting up a carpenters workshop and crafting axes from the wood brought. With these axes a few more trees were cut down.

Casser smiled as they set-up a farm plot inside one of the freshly dug areas.

"Sit... sit.. good boy!" commanded Vendix as he ordered the dogs to guard the entrance.

Gar the Mad Doc grabbed one of the stones and built a mechanics workshop and then took another stone and crafted a useless mechanism. Everyone snuffed down at him when he showed off his works, upset about how he would waste time and energy on such an item.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fortificers,  -19
The Knights  -15
Gold Guild  -29
Alchemist  -16
Science  -12

Edit: Feel free to role-play, be creative. I split up the mining points between those that requested it. Plan together, come up w/ a plan, and so on and so forth. Focus on your specialties.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 08:07:27 pm by Brewster »

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2013, 09:01:59 pm »

Korbac, please. :)

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2013, 09:03:25 pm »

I'll practice my journal roleplaying here, haven't done much of it 8).

Will we be able to control our dwarves to an extent when we come in?
I don't swing either way on that one but I think that it would add to the feel/play of our little game.
Perhaps things such as whether or not to go into a fight with terrible odds.

Mjattie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2013, 10:21:35 pm »

While it goes without saying, I think someone should dig out a cellar for the food before it starts to rot. I look forward to the first migrant wave, which knowing the experiences from my current fort, shouldn't take too long to get there.
EDIT: I suggest the Baron's quarters look out into the caverns, with bridges between the windows and the flying building destroyers, so they can be opened in an emergency.
Sorry, I saw you accidentally wrote closed, so I fixed it.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2013, 10:34:37 pm »

Journal of Casser the Arch-alchemist
Today was a good day. I got the farm plot set up, and everything was dragged inside.
I need my slabs, though. I made some fantastic finds regarding 'gendre' (note: check spelling of this word) and I'll need to make a wooden table and a chair so I can set up an office for myself.

Then I need to build a mason's workshop, make a quern, and make some slabs to place around the fortress so people can record Data on them.
The quern should be placed near the food stockpile, so I can either mill flour myself or get someone to do it for me.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BronzeAge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2013, 10:52:11 pm »

"Them dwarves don't seem like the trustworthy kind. I was talkin' with them all and they seem well enough, but may not be the kind to look out for a simple messenger from the mountainhomes.  In the morning I'm takin' me pick, carving out a room in that ore vein across from the stockpile. When I get the stones I'll be makin' meself a butcher's shop and a craftworkshop. I'll take whatever stone leftover and make a few rock pots."

OOC: Can I see a list of my dwarf's friends?

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2013, 12:37:20 am »

Be wary of the size of your migrant waves. Recently I got a 45 dwarf strong wave. It was horrible!
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2013, 01:00:33 am »

Be wary of the size of your migrant waves. Recently I got a 45 dwarf strong wave. It was horrible!
Migrants are the biggest threat to dwarvenkind. I've had migrant waves that wipe out the entire fortress before. No-one survived, there was no food left, the hallways were choked with corpses.
Ah, tantrum spirals. How fun.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2013, 01:30:46 am »

How do I have so many points? Where do I even begin?

"Them dwarves don't seem like the trustworthy kind. I was talkin' with them all and they seem well enough, but may not be the kind to look out for a simple messenger from the mountainhomes.  In the morning I'm takin' me pick, carving out a room in that ore vein across from the stockpile. When I get the stones I'll be makin' meself a butcher's shop and a craftworkshop. I'll take whatever stone leftover and make a few rock pots."

OOC: Can I see a list of my dwarf's friends?
Why not let me handle crafting? That is my skill set, I'll gain experience in my trade, and you can put your points to better use.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8