Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 456156 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Survey Team
« Reply #3015 on: December 21, 2013, 03:45:32 pm »

I meant, in the pit with you, not on your specific level. The plan is for him and Flint to be at the lowest level, doing survey work there and a few levels above while you guys go down level by level.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: December 21, 2013, 07:07:45 pm »

begin hopping down the steps to the lowest level of the pit, use rockets to break my fall if something goes wrong.

Perform geological and structural survey for that level.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: December 21, 2013, 07:52:10 pm »

begin hopping down the steps to the lowest level of the pit, use rockets to break my fall if something goes wrong.

(([1] You swiftly determine that the level is not structurally sound enough to support a person in a heavy spacesuit.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3018 on: December 21, 2013, 08:57:51 pm »

Follow Simus' orders. Go down to the lowest levels of the pit, carrying anyone who asks/needs it. Survey and take samples of anything interesting. If the area starts looking unstable or strange (stranger than it already is), stop moving.

@Simus: "So, I heard you'll be staying behind? On Hephaestus? Assuming we survive the UWM's counterattack? That true?"
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 10:22:51 pm by Parisbre56 »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: December 21, 2013, 10:00:46 pm »

Bishop nods at Simus' suggestion. "Yeah, that sounds like a better idea than trying to find stable ground here. I'm not sure we could find a better section this high up though... I think that this whole upper section will have to be demolished, bit by bit, and completely rebuilt, just to be sure it's safe again."

Follow Simus' suggestion and look for a safe spot to land to conduct surveys of the structure.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: December 22, 2013, 08:38:37 am »

"Still, I have a suspicion about those ships over there. If a hull survived enough to be recognizable, it might have shielded someone, and a spaceship's a good place to seek cover in, if anyone was aware of the danger. Pancaek, if you're here for survivors, that might be the only place to look on this level. Shall we?"
"An excellent suggestion, Anton. Though I'm somewhat skeptical as to wether anyone could have survived this whole ordeal. Still, no harm in making sure"

"Just admit it, birdbrain, you never would have thought of that yourself."

Go with anton to the ships, look for survivors or slavageble gear. If we find any survivors, be ready to stop attacks with my mass amp, but don't retaliate. Lie to them Say "We're with ARM, you are safe now. We just have some questions first" to any survivor we find that isn't hostile

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: December 22, 2013, 09:31:15 am »

Yes, Flint, I'm staying here. Steve requested me specifically for the job of overseeing this planet on his behalf. I'll still be helping you guys on the Sword, you'll just see what I do in the armory rather than in the field.

Further up with Bishop.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: December 22, 2013, 09:54:13 am »

Yes, Flint, I'm staying here. Steve requested me specifically for the job of overseeing this planet on his behalf. I'll still be helping you guys on the Sword, you'll just see what I do in the armory rather than in the field.
"Heh, now that's a desk job I could like. Except instead of a desk you have an industrial complex, and instead of forms in triplicate you're signing off military prototypes."
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3023 on: December 22, 2013, 12:01:07 pm »

"Heh, now that's a desk job I could like. Except instead of a desk you have an industrial complex, and instead of forms in triplicate you're signing off military prototypes."
"You agree with that, Simus? You're gonna enjoy staying here?"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: December 22, 2013, 04:05:10 pm »

Keep on looking around.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3025 on: December 30, 2013, 02:15:51 pm »

"Let's take a quick poke around the place, then head lower. I don't think we'll find anything notable here, and what we will find will probably be work for a salvage crew, not us.

Still, I have a suspicion about those ships over there. If a hull survived enough to be recognizable, it might have shielded someone, and a spaceship's a good place to seek cover in, if anyone was aware of the danger. Pancaek, if you're here for survivors, that might be the only place to look on this level. Shall we?
"

Accompany Pancaek (if he does go; if he doesn't just go alone) to the more recognizable ships and see if anyone might have been shielded by them from the blast. Take note of the count and state of ships in the immediate vicinity, for later salvage. Keep an eye out for anomalies.

Nuclear Spelunker team, report in. Anything unusual or just nuke effects?
"Still looking around, XO. Seems like a lot of heat and pressure wave damage mostly, and likely no survivors bar cockroaches. A few ships that might be salvageable, but I think we won't see much in the way of anything. How's it going up there, should we expect debris showers?"
"Still, I have a suspicion about those ships over there. If a hull survived enough to be recognizable, it might have shielded someone, and a spaceship's a good place to seek cover in, if anyone was aware of the danger. Pancaek, if you're here for survivors, that might be the only place to look on this level. Shall we?"
"An excellent suggestion, Anton. Though I'm somewhat skeptical as to wether anyone could have survived this whole ordeal. Still, no harm in making sure"

"Just admit it, birdbrain, you never would have thought of that yourself."

Go with anton to the ships, look for survivors or slavageble gear. If we find any survivors, be ready to stop attacks with my mass amp, but don't retaliate. Lie to them Say "We're with ARM, you are safe now. We just have some questions first" to any survivor we find that isn't hostile
Keep on looking around.

A quick search of this level reveals no living victims, though there are several still recognizable bodies. There are maybe a half dozen ships around here that look like they might be salvaged and fly again, and another half dozen that look like they might be able to be used for parts. Though, doing any of that is gonna require getting them out of this damn hole.

You start hopping down toward the lower levels using your rockets as opposed to the climbing system everyone else has set up. You get about 2/3rds of the way down before your radiation meter starts squealing unsettlingly.

Follow Simus' orders. Go down to the lowest levels of the pit, carrying anyone who asks/needs it. Survey and take samples of anything interesting. If the area starts looking unstable or strange (stranger than it already is), stop moving.

@Simus: "So, I heard you'll be staying behind? On Hephaestus? Assuming we survive the UWM's counterattack? That true?"
You stop when Auron does, checking the radiation levels. Gilgamesh seems to be shielding you better then Auron's suit, so you continue down, straight into the heart of the crater. You're catching radiation down here, but it's minor enough not to worry you too much.

The heart of the crater is...well it's a damn mess. There's basically nothing left outside of fused radioactive slag and green glass. It's structurally stable, but if only because it's a damn hole in the ground.

Further up with Bishop.
Bishop nods at Simus' suggestion. "Yeah, that sounds like a better idea than trying to find stable ground here. I'm not sure we could find a better section this high up though... I think that this whole upper section will have to be demolished, bit by bit, and completely rebuilt, just to be sure it's safe again."

Follow Simus' suggestion and look for a safe spot to land to conduct surveys of the structure.
[int:6]
[int:1]
Simus sits around, hovering in mid air while attempting to figure out just how she wants to approach the situation. She spends a good 5 minutes formulating plans, scrapping them, and formulating another.

Then Bishop, clearly bored, just flies head first into the ground while screaming something about being "Break-it Bishop".

Simus is left watching as large chunks of the damaged floors collapse down onto her wingman, who appears to have embedded himself headfirst into the ground.

Huh.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: December 30, 2013, 02:29:36 pm »

((I'm having trouble stopping laughing, except when I cough. The cats aren't helping, but it's most Simus and Bishop. That would make such a great sitcom.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: December 30, 2013, 03:37:49 pm »

Nuclear Spelunker team, look out. There may be a bit of debris falling down near you. Nothing major, hopefully, but I don't want anyone getting hit in the head and falling. Nuclear divers, how's it looking at ground zero?

Simus buzzes down to where Bishop has embedded and buried himself and digs him out.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3028 on: December 30, 2013, 05:38:10 pm »

"Just a big old useless nuclear crater down here. Unhealthy radiation levels for the unshielded, some green glass and stuff. Structurally stable. I'll take some samples and look around for not-collapsed tunnels, but I don't expect to find much. Any orders?"

Start going up, taking samples of interesting stuff, checking for not-collapsed tunnels, assessing structural integrity, looking for usable or salvageable stuff, taking note of radiation levels. Basically just looking around thoroughly in each level.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 08:19:24 pm by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: December 30, 2013, 08:08:28 pm »

As you said, Flint. Readings, samples of anything unusual, structural analysis - though that's more, 'looking for open tunnels', and once you're done with a level, advance up to the next and repeat. You should meet up with the rest of the Nuclear Spelunkers as they're coming down, then all of you can  start inspecting inside any open passages. Me and Bishop will join you as soon as we can.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 243