Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 456023 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Survey Team
« Reply #2985 on: December 20, 2013, 02:56:27 pm »

((Er, PW: Do note that Simus has her rockets on. Not critical for this, but for any future use.))

Simus takes a radiation reading at the edge of the pit while waiting for the team to finish their bits of survey work.

Once everyone has arrived:

Okay, those of us who don't have exosuits are going to rappel down different points of the pit, checking radiation levels, structural integrity of any remaining structure, any openings, the works, on out way down. Those of us with exosuits are going to head to the bottom and start doing the same while they wait on us.

Once everyone is ready, start rappelling and taking said readings at different points on the way down.

You push forward toward the remains of the shipyard pit, through the damaged building. On the way you find a hallway that appears to be made of perfectly smooth diamond and another that is generating small amounts of microwave radiation. And plenty that are just collapsed.

Finally you make it all the way through the building and out to the nuked pit. You try to ignore the frankly Canary base like anomalies squatting out in the distance as you walk up to the edge of the pit and take a radiation reading. It hovers around about 3 Rem an hour around the edges of the pit, but even just sticking your arm over the pit raises that to 4 RPH. The pit itself is a devastated scar of melted atomic glass and pooled metal with the occasional rough hole marking the entrance to a tunnel that ran into the former repair pit.

use substance analyzer on gold powder, collect a sample if possible.
You scrape a bit of the gold up and sample it using the analyzer.

It says it's Gold, isotope 196. Cool?

You follow simus to the pit.

"How about this? People who can fly and don't weigh in the tons can go make sure the upper levels aren't about to make this crater a landfill, and the rest of us go rappelling or otherwise climbing down as planned. I think it'll be a better split of our abilities, and you flyers can catch up with the rest of us once you're done. Hopefully if that stuff is coming down, you'll be quick enough to save anybody caught on its way down.

Also, if you don't mind, as pretty much the only one here at serious risk of death should I fall, and zero experience climbing, perhaps I should make use of my other means of surveying first.
"

Get the drones out, and pilot them down into the crater in a spiraling pattern, keeping a sharp eye out for anomalies and structural faults that may endanger the team.
[aux:1+1]
phhhhsdfballlhhh.

You  just follow simus to the repair pit, grumbling the entire time.

"Aye, chief. "

Rappel down, taking readings during my descent. Keep an eye out for survivors on the way down. Should I fuck up and fall, catch myself with my mass amp.
Setting up the cable system to climb down is Aux...Might want to let simus set that up.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: December 20, 2013, 03:39:07 pm »

the frankly Canary base like anomalies
((I have a vague theory of what happened there.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: December 20, 2013, 03:55:05 pm »

Bishop, Anton, that's a good idea. Bishop, you and me are the only ones with rockets that aren't in exosuits, we're going to check the building. The rest of you, we still need this pit surveyed. Go down like I instructed unless anyone else has a better idea.

Go up with Bishop via rockets and check around the building to determine its structural integrity, ie. will it be collapsing anytime soon.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 03:59:27 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: December 20, 2013, 04:16:39 pm »

"Inquisitor Pancaek, I don't see how this can go wrong"
((Time till Exterminatus: 10, 9, 8...))

((Do share.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: December 20, 2013, 04:22:15 pm »

((Do share.))
((Something with space magic, a long time ago. Possibly a universal manipulator overload, possibly whatever race made that pill machine had a Grate.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: December 20, 2013, 05:15:33 pm »

((Also, just remembered I didn't respond to this:

"Okay...can I have the pill machine back? Pretty please? I promise I won't put anything I don't understand in it without asking a bunch of people first. Pretty please? I paid for it and everything!"
"Sorry kid, but no dice. Not right now at least, maybe after this mission, or until you've proven you're responsible enough not to do that again. Until then this is staying with me. Now leave me be, I've got a war to plan."

Miyamoto didn't like disappointing the kid, but he had more pressing matters to attend to than keeping an eye on the child with the magic pillmachine.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: December 20, 2013, 05:21:15 pm »

"Aw..."
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: December 20, 2013, 07:40:12 pm »

((Yay nuclear gold, very cool, very nice, very mine.))

collect a handful of gold dust and make a pile with it then melt it into a carryable nugget using a very low intensity laser beam. Pocket the nugget.

Follow Simus instructions and begin making my way down into the pit, take sample chunks of any other materials that look out of place and try to snag a diamond from simus' hallway if possible.

Continue assessing structural integrity, resist urge to push support beams.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 02:12:43 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: December 20, 2013, 07:44:56 pm »

((So, you're trying to grab extra-dense gold that will turn radioactive once the Weak Force gets over its hangover, plus trying to chop some diamond out of a smooth surface with...something, instead of actually doing the mission...
Is it because you think such baubles will be worth tokens, or because they're shiny?))
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: December 20, 2013, 08:03:03 pm »

((Diamonds are brittle and are destroyed by heat at much lower temperatures then other carbon structures, i could probably laser the wall to get a neat sample or punch it for a rough chunk.
I think such baubles may be valuable, but not worth tokens.
Magpie, shiny, possible undiscovered material with unique and interesting properties, like the absorbtion crystals.

Quote from: pyrodesu
The rest of you, we still need
this pit surveyed.
Geological is a kind of survey, i am completed my objectives as directed.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: December 20, 2013, 08:28:14 pm »

Magpie, shiny, possible undiscovered material with unique and interesting properties, like the absorbtion crystals.
((Mm-hm. Probably more the first two.))

Quote from: pyrodesu
The rest of you, we still need
this pit surveyed.
Geological is a kind of survey, i am completed my objectives as directed.))
((From a certain point of view. Also, Vader killed Luke's father.))
Sig

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: December 20, 2013, 09:10:54 pm »

Also, one other thing of note: I know that some of you might want to exhibit some magpie-like behavior, and to that I say: We want to leave this place as undisturbed as possible. That gold dust and xenon area I came across, or the large diamond hallway. Collect as little as you need for a definitive sample, and leave the rest alone. If I find anyone's gone and gathered any of it, I will dock their token pay, since that's not what we're here for.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: December 20, 2013, 09:49:48 pm »

Also, one other thing of note: I know that some of you might want to exhibit some magpie-like behavior, and to that I say: We want to leave this place as undisturbed as possible. That gold dust and xenon area I came across, or the large diamond hallway. Collect as little as you need for a definitive sample, and leave the rest alone. If I find anyone's gone and gathered any of it, I will dock their token pay, since that's not what we're here for.
((So now im not even allowed to pick things up?
The only actions i have right now are "take samples", "assess structural integrity" and "follow blindly."
Excuse me for not choosing the last.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: December 20, 2013, 11:12:19 pm »

((So now im not even allowed to pick things up?
The only actions i have right now are "take samples", "assess structural integrity" and "follow blindly."
Excuse me for not choosing the last.))

((As far as she would be concerned, you can scavenge later. Right now, she just wants to get the mission done, yeah? That, and leaving the area undisturbed would make for better documentation of what (or, rather, how Grate) transpired.

Expediency and preserving evidence.

And there is more you could do, you know. Look for where effects begin and end, attempt to find undamaged systems or systems that could be repaired, and so forth. If you can explain why it would need to be done in accordance with the objective, it will probably be permitted.))
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 11:20:40 pm by PyroDesu »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: December 21, 2013, 01:27:13 am »

((A: There is no such thing as "scavenge later" the only time i have ever returned to a previous mission location is that time i jumped out of the control room to avoid being LESHO'd and had to walk back up the stairs to rejoin my team.

B: we already know what transpired. Grate ate something he shouldnt have, threw physics into a volcano and then got himself obliterated by the AM who if questioned on these matters will respond with "im not going to tell you because im too lazy to kill you afterwards."
There is no such thing as evidence here, space magic was the cause and it ignores science.

C: Im standing outside, looking into a nuclear blast crater... i dont think i have the tools necessary to repair liquified and vaporised machinery.

If i recall correctly we are here to assess the damage done to the pit an nearby structures, analysing the abnormal matter will allow us to determine which patches can be safely ignored, which patches must be replaced for structural reasons and which patches must be replaced because they are hazardous.))

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 243