Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 456871 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: MAYDAY
« Reply #2670 on: November 14, 2013, 09:02:29 pm »

Jim's limbs have all been amputated and replaced with metal ones

I never asked for this.

I'll take the flamethrower though. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: November 14, 2013, 09:08:38 pm »

Peer into hole. Fire at the ground, to test if my gun works.
((Wrong tread))
((Good. That could have been...amusing.))

((Better than "Peer into gun to see if it's working."))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: November 14, 2013, 09:18:10 pm »

Find stray lightweight objects, rocks, empty boxes, random chairs, hammers, whatever. and throw them at the sensors around the tower.

For Feyri:
rescue Lyra from her 'unable to get to the top of the stupid tower' problem by going over there and flying her to the top of the thing.

((To Tiruin:
The train of thought I have Feyri working on is that the SW and UE have to have some kind of objective, and that everything they've done so far has been a decoy to distract us from what they're really after. Problem is, I'm running out of guesses as to what that objective might be. are you sure you don't want to just take your character back already?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: November 14, 2013, 10:51:53 pm »

Peer into hole. Fire at the ground, to test if my gun works.
((Wrong tread))
((Good. That could have been...amusing.))

((Better than "Peer into gun to see if it's working."))
((Reminds me of the laser rifle's description in the main post.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2674 on: November 15, 2013, 01:07:57 am »

I never asked for this.

I lied and decided for you. You got the fist. And maaaaaan am I glad I did. Jim is giving everyone fist based trips to the moon.

IT CONTINUES TO CONTINUE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: November 15, 2013, 02:20:16 am »

I never asked for this.

I lied and decided for you. You got the fist. And maaaaaan am I glad I did. Jim is giving everyone fist based trips to the moon.

IT CONTINUES TO CONTINUE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(( Why is the random number generator not giving you support characters. Whyyyyyy! :P
They didn't improve that, did they? Make it more logical who got what specialization when they upgraded from rookie? ))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: November 15, 2013, 02:41:59 am »

((Woo! Go sniper Bishop with that window trick shot! And yes, squad sight is awesome in many, many ways.))

"Steve, we've found more missing sensor arrays and a blood trail. Shit is looking real bad down here. Advise please?

Now for the rest of you lot, let's be careful here. I'm getting a real bad feeling about this blood. Oh hey Milno, nice to see you here. I'm glad to see at least one person down here with me who knows what they're doing..."

Contact Steve about the situation and see what he thinks. Send someone expendable ahead to scout ahead. Keep cautiously following the trail and keep looking for traps.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: November 15, 2013, 04:03:34 am »

(I once got a sniper, and I tell you, he was a BEAST with Damn good ground and squadsight, slipped slopped slapped him up with the Skelton suit and everything he could see (And rockets mayyy have helped with said seeing.) he pretty much got a average of 95% hit chance.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: November 15, 2013, 08:31:26 am »

((I think he's taking his 'A team' and then throwing in rookies to try and get the whole HRMC crew in. Which is lovely of him.))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: November 15, 2013, 08:59:41 am »

((Now we have a Lyra. Next, what? Feyri? Xan? Stacy? Grate?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2680 on: November 15, 2013, 09:17:16 am »

Keep searching for the sensor thief.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: November 15, 2013, 09:25:58 am »

"Thanks, I guess. In the best of scenarios, the blood's just from a mind-controlled worker who wounded himself while following their new orders." Milno comments, looking around the exit of the tunnel covered by him. "Hey, Steve. On the spastic blackship, think you could get one of us fliers a connector so we can get inside the ship and connect our suit to it?"

Pose question to Steve. Wait.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: November 15, 2013, 09:36:20 am »

"Thanks, I guess. In the best of scenarios, the blood's just from a mind-controlled worker who wounded himself while following their new orders." Milno comments, looking around the exit of the tunnel covered by him. "Hey, Steve. On the spastic blackship, think you could get one of us fliers a connector so we can get inside the ship and connect our suit to it?"

Pose question to Steve. Wait.
((Doesn't Bishop still have his cables? He's in his Mk3, and not too far away...))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: November 15, 2013, 10:29:27 am »

((I've always found it good to throw a rookie in on an easier mission (or two if your whole A-team is up and it's a simple one) just to have some squaddies to fall back on.  It's especially helpful for me to get more assaults because I tend to blow through them.

Also, I find Skeleton Suits to be awesome midgame.  The movement bonus far outweighs the -1 health, IMO.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: November 15, 2013, 12:33:25 pm »

((And once again X-Com picks the class I had in mind for my character. Scary.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 243