Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 456913 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: MAYDAY
« Reply #2640 on: November 14, 2013, 03:15:01 am »

Nice job on that, especially making him into a robot, it would have been cooler if he got critically wounded in the mission and you brought him back bearly alive and then turned him into a robot but hey, you play the cards you're delt.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: November 14, 2013, 03:20:05 am »

Nice!
I don't suppose I could be a biomodded soldier?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: November 14, 2013, 03:21:50 am »

((HONEY BADGER!!!!!!))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: November 14, 2013, 03:23:51 am »

(( Yay! And I don't suppose it's this flag?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Which is the flag of Sweden. And I wondered why Ikea's colours were blue and yellow.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: November 14, 2013, 04:20:25 am »

((Awesome, I just got Enemy Within too, and the first playthrough was very mean to me, lost like 10 dudes before I got lasers.

So are you using the "randomized training" option? I find it awesome, lets you get stuff like snipers with sentinel that can fire twice on overwatch, or I got Zhang with like EVERY defensive training ever, which is awesome. I then genemodded him with a second heart and adaptive bone marrow. He's pretty much invulnerable right now. Course it DOES give you crap stuff sometimes, especially with the second to last rank, because you have NO choice on that. Zhang got "revive" and he never uses medkits but oh well he's pretty much invincible already.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: November 14, 2013, 04:27:28 am »

I then genemodded him with a second heart and adaptive bone marrow.

(( So you made a Time Lord. Alright then. Mission accomplished, I think. ))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: November 14, 2013, 05:29:05 am »

((HONEY BADGER!!!!!!))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2647 on: November 14, 2013, 08:10:55 am »

Set a camera in this chokepoint and ask Steve to keep watch. Then start searching the area for whoever took the sensor and any signs of where they might have gone.

One of those motion sensors from Aliens would be really useful right now...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: November 14, 2013, 08:19:41 am »

((Aliens-tech motion sensors are a silly device though. What kind of motion do they sense? Through what? How do they determine when something moves, and not them? Stuff like that. Motion sensors can only sense the motion of what they can detect, and when they can detect something moving across several concrete walls, steel doors, and half a football field's worth of corridors... perhaps having a camera based on the same tech could be more useful?))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: November 14, 2013, 08:25:10 am »

((I don't suppose lesser members of the HMRC will be put in any time soon? Say, Feyri, Xan, Lyra, Grate?))

((Aliens-tech motion sensors are a silly device though. What kind of motion do they sense? Through what? How do they determine when something moves, and not them? Stuff like that. Motion sensors can only sense the motion of what they can detect, and when they can detect something moving across several concrete walls, steel doors, and half a football field's worth of corridors... perhaps having a camera based on the same tech could be more useful?))
((It probably senses vibrations, possibly coordinating with systems in the complex and certainly compensating for their vibrations by basically knowing that there should be vibrations there--presumably due to sensor'd shoes--and similarly for any machines in the base.
Frankly, it makes a lot more sense than the xenomorphs themselves.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2650 on: November 14, 2013, 08:27:20 am »

((Well, in the movie, they say it uses some sort of sonar and Doppler analysis if I remember correctly. Don't know if that  would work in real life though. Maybe if you had sensitive enough sensors, a powerful computer and a way to track the device's motion, like laser sensors or very sensitive G-sensors, it could be done.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: November 14, 2013, 08:54:14 am »

very sensitive G-sensors, it could be done.
((Yes, now you too can find the G-spot!!!

I'm terrible I know :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: November 14, 2013, 09:00:15 am »

very sensitive G-sensors, it could be done.
((Yes, now you too can find the G-spot!!!

I'm terrible I know :P))
*smack*
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: November 14, 2013, 10:15:16 am »

((Neat.  I picked up the base game a month or so ago, and am debating the xpac.  Curious to hear some B12ers opinions on it.

Hey, maybe you could get some of the sub-team leads in next!  Cough cough wink wink nudge nudge.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: November 14, 2013, 11:35:08 am »

((I don't suppose that there are any non-piratey ways to get an X-Com game for free?))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 243