Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 455917 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: The Calm before the storm
« Reply #2130 on: October 04, 2013, 11:09:49 am »

((Well, you can't blame them for not asking. It's not like they're 3 armed synthflesh/sharkmist supersoldiers stuck in a desolate maintenance hallway along with a puny human maintenance person with no radio or weapons that might hold vital information about our mission.))
((It's not like we're actually trying for once to be subtle and avoid blowing our cover so soon and the only person actually posting happens to be me. It's not like we're in a stealth mission and he's an innocent we should avoid killing.))

Milno rubs the back of his head like he was suddenly ashamed of something. "You know, about the thing that got the higher-ups shaken and people've talking about. I think I was too drunk the last few times people tried to explain to me and the girls" the young man uses his head to point towards Faith and Simus. "Won't repeat it even if I promise to hook em up with someone nice. Could you give me a rundown?"

Talk, obtain answer.

((Sorry about the delay, by the way. :P))

"I dunno a whole lot myself. Just that a UWM Blackship is docked out in one of the east hangers. And if one of those is here, that means there are Urban Executors around." He looks around and whispers the next part "Or even a Shadow Walker." he leans back and takes another drink. "The higher ups have been installing all sorts of weird things around the base. I think they might be worried that the indents will rebel now that the fleet is gone. Demand transport or something."

He shakes his head. "You'd have to be stupid or suicidal to do that now."

((Simus isn't doing much because, in-character, she doesn't know what to do, at least with regards to keeping the prying eyes company.))

If it can be made securely, Simus messages Steve, thanking the body she's in that she needs not type nor speak aloud to do so. To everyone else, she continues to blend in with the wall.

Quote from:  To: Steve
Steve, can we get a status update? Also, we've got some potentially important information to pass on to you if Milno can bluff it out of a set of prying civilian eyes he decided to let hang around.
You begin text broadcasting everything the man tells Milno to steve. 

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2131 on: October 04, 2013, 11:48:42 am »

((Yeah! The only kind of enemy that ever caused the current HMRC to (completely) fail a mission and now there are lots of them.
You know what that means? It's payback time!))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: October 04, 2013, 12:31:45 pm »

((Yeah! The only kind of enemy that ever caused the current HMRC to (completely) fail a mission and now there are lots of them.
((Which enemy and how did this happen?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2133 on: October 04, 2013, 12:45:48 pm »

((Urban Executors from the infamous Serial Killer mission, the only truly and utterly failed mission so far. The team not only failed to catch him, but also slaughtered the population of an entire village, except for a little girl.))
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 12:47:22 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: October 04, 2013, 12:47:24 pm »

((I've heard of this infamous mission.
What approximate mission thread page was this on?))
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2135 on: October 04, 2013, 12:59:26 pm »

((Here. Check Thearpox's sig, it's very useful.))

((Edit: Thearpox's sig))
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 01:02:09 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: October 04, 2013, 01:00:01 pm »

((Muchas gracias.))
Sig! Onol

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: October 04, 2013, 02:20:44 pm »

-wrong thread-
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:22:37 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: October 04, 2013, 03:24:36 pm »

((Okay, now I know why that mission was a failure. Goddamn.))
Sig! Onol

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: October 04, 2013, 03:34:39 pm »

((That is good. Though people would try to kill them for fun anyway.))

Milno lets out a long whistle before continuing. "Damn. That's pretty deep shit. I think no one's crazy enough to try something like that - better working as an indent and live than trying something idiot and ending up in tiny pieces or worse."

Continue talking.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2140 on: October 04, 2013, 03:53:57 pm »

>Alright people, recent events have made it clear that we've got unknown participants in this conflict. Probably Urban Executors. Maybe a shadow walker. This is the opposite of good. New precautions must be taken.

Avoid windows if possible.

Beware teammates acting strangely or showing signs of physical or mental damage.

Do not trust Civilians or those that appear to be civilians.

Report any and all feelings of mental intrusion or feelings of physical sickness.

Assume all sods are under the control of men trained specifically to deal with you and situations like this. No matter what they're armed with, consider them an immediate and significant threat.

No communications except via radio. Do not speak.

Attempt to disguise who is in charge. Cycle who takes point and who takes rear. Leaders will be the first targets.

And Team leaders, I'm rescinding the ban on civilian casualties. It's damn clear they're gonna try to use that against us and we cannot let them get that sort of upper hand. Attempt, I repeat, attempt to minimize them. Do not kill unless you must, but if you must, do not hesitate.

Miyamoto, I want you in that control room now. Just punch your way up through the floors if you have to.

Jim, I don't care how you do it, but get to that ARES node. You've got the mental capacities for it.

And Joker team. It seems we're having a change of plans. Milno, it seems like you and your two squadmates are in the best possible position to go hunting for these bastards. They won't see you as a threat as long as you maintain your cover. Leave your position there and head for the top of the building. There should be routes available for you in the maintenance sectors. You're looking for anything out of place.

Be advised. The standard armament for a Shadow walker includes a LESHO rifle and there's a chance they're using nuclear tipped shells. We're on a not dying in a thermonuclear fireball timer here.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: October 04, 2013, 04:03:39 pm »

"Oh, shit.  Jim, can you melt through the walls and make a path around the sensors?"

(Wrong thread indeed)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 07:08:34 pm by Remalle »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: October 04, 2013, 04:08:54 pm »

((Remalle: Wrong thread.

Also, I forget, did Milno which would allow him to listen to Steve or will I have to wait until Simus or Faith try to drag him? I'll send that question as a PM to Piecewise just in case.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: October 04, 2013, 04:56:41 pm »

((I'd say that Milno is without radio, being in disguise as he is. Faith and me are our only comms with the Sword, I would think.

Also, the civvie mentioned that the higher-ups were worried if anything went wrong. How much would you bet that, as of our actions, the higher-up are dead?))

Simus, after Steve finishes giving new orders, taps Milno on the shoulder.

I need to speak with you. Without being overheard. Now.

Quote from: To: Steve
If we're going after an Urban Executor or Shadow Walker, then I at least want to know everything I can about them. Especially the Shadow Walker if it's packing nuclear arms.

Info on Blackships wouldn't hurt either, even if it's not our objective.

Have Milno follow me a ways away and around a corner from our prying eyes.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 06:10:40 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: October 05, 2013, 07:30:41 am »

((I confirmed with piecewise that Milno was able to receive that info.))

"Yeah, I know. It's that thing I forgot again, eh?" Milno answers, gesturing for Faith to follow. "Sorry, man. Something that is kind of my duty, it kind of calls." he says humorously to Rasta O'malley before following Simus.

Excuse myself from the conversation after listening to the answer to the next question posed and begin to move to the top of the building, using maintenance routes.

((Also, I considered disabling Rasta somehow, but the "They won't see you as a threat as long as you maintain your cover." part made me think the risk to blow our cover might actually be higher rather than lower, specially because he isn't a direct threat and we still have to minimize casualties. What do you think?))
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 02:38:59 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 243