Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 455805 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Grate nods. "What's Xeno Spit? Why is it Xeno's spit? Is it a Xeno's spit or a Xeno's pit? Can I help test it? What's a Xeno? Where did you get it?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Perhaps, but in that case, only the units require that image will need the uniform, the rest could just remain without them for psychological warfare purposes. We were sent here for our horrific reputation after all."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 10:49:08 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Remain silent. Wait. Watch. The Bureaucrat doesn't act before he is ready. And has all requisite forms in triplicate.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Grate nods. "What's Xeno Spit? Why is it Xeno's spit? Is it a Xeno's spit or a Xeno's pit? Can I help test it? What's a Xeno? Where did you get it?"

As Stacy boogies, awaiting Feyri's answer, he finds the time to explain to Grate the marvels of Xeno Spit.

"Xeno Spit, dear Grate, is a miraculous concoction that takes you on a journey within your own mind! Probably! It might also take you someplace else! You can get it, just like any good thing, for free at the Armory, Sandy will help you if you ask her. If she won't - grownups don't like kids touching grownup stuff, after all - you can ask someone else to give some to you. I'm afraid you can't help test the sprayer, though - you might accidentally kill yourself from inhaling the stuff, though if you really, really want to, you can try some Xeno Spit in the traditional ingested form - I've got a whole case of it. It seems mostly harmless, but it can be pretty scary sometimes, so it's up to you whether you want any. And, judging by the fact that it has xenobiological enzymes - a xeno is an alien, Grate, it's how sciency people call all the things not from human places - I'd say it's closer to spit than a pit."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Charles becomes instinctively alarmed by the mention of "Xeno-spit". Spinning around on his heel, he walks over to Grate. A grim yet confident voice emanating from behind his faceplate, a style of speech from his past that he never thought he would use again.
"Ugh... that accursed beverage... *sigh* Grate. Do NOT under any circumstances try using that godforsaken poison. Promise me that. Please."
Charles' voice seemed slightly strained and surprisingly tense.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 05:53:25 am by Empiricist »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stacy smiles behind his faceplate at Charles' warning.

"It's ultimately Grate's choice whether to try it or not - I doubt it'll be good for him, impressionable little fella that he is, but I doubt forbidding him from trying it is going to stop him if he really wants some, either. I mean, if somebody stands watch over him or he's administered some with a dropper, it shouldn't be too bad. Perhaps it could even be educational. After all, many of us have tried it, and we're still around. As long as he doesn't develop a habit, he should be good, since the exact side effects of prolonged use are still a mystery. Then again, not sure what exactly happens to kids who try it. Don't recall it being used on any."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Charles disables the safety of him rifle, barely resisting the urge to point it at Stacy. "Let's just say that in my previous profession, I witnessed firsthand some of their side effects. They weren't pretty."
Charles' voice suddenly becomes calm though with a noticeable strain. He slowly re-enables his rifle's safety.
"Do tell me though... if you think this is so 'beneficial' why are you advocating its use against our enemies? Surely even in non-lethal terms, we have far more, effective, implements..."
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 06:01:54 am by Empiricist »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

((Come on, you must continue the HMRC's fine tradition of screwing up children giving children unforgettable experiences. I gave Xeno Spit to a child and it turned out OK. Mostly. I think. I'm pretty sure it saved its life.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'm really looking into whether using potent hallucinogens against our enemies is likely to disable them - enough Xeno Spit causes one to immediately black out and fall over, but I haven't found out the exact threshold. I do know that with only five drops, a man can be completely divorced from reality, though I did not get the chance to find out more due to being, well, completely divorced from reality. Also, I can't resist the allure of a weapon with essentially free ammo. And if inhaling Xeno Spit works just as well as ingesting it, we are most certainly in business."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Come on, you must continue the HMRC's fine tradition of screwing up children giving children unforgettable experiences. I gave Xeno Spit to a child and it turned out OK. Mostly. I think. I'm pretty sure it saved its life.))
((Charles' colony retried the whole 'LSD for Psychotherapy' idea, except with Xeno Spit. Didn't work out well. At all. Charles would probably go into psycho kille rmode if someone tries to give Grate Xeno Spit.))
"Five drops strips a man of his mind yet you recommend it to a boy? You are recommending something you plan to use as a weapon as a recreational drink for Grate?"
((I'm assuming Xeno Spit has harmful side effects but I'm going with this anyway since Charles is slightly psychotic so I might as well inflict the same uncertainty on myself to help roleplay Charles :P))
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 06:21:17 am by Empiricist »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'm not recommending anything, good sir. In fact, I did say that I doubt it'll do him any good. It is, after all, a total mystery of a drink that causes vivid visions of both one's internal demons and possibly horrors of external origin. Only reason you'd want to drink it regularly would be because you're stuck on a prison ship with absolutely nothing better to do and you do not value your sanity and peace of mind particularly highly. It's probably dangerous and harmful in large quantities, too - what hallucinogen isn't? I'm merely pointing out that if Grate wants to try alien saliva for kicks, I most certainly won't be the one to stop him."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Very well, I do apologize for barging into the conversation like this, it is admittedly poor form. Half a lifetime of seeing medical malpractice has regrettably taken it's toll on me."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

As Stacy boogies, awaiting Feyri's answer, he finds the time to explain to Grate the marvels of Xeno Spit.

"Xeno Spit, dear Grate, is a miraculous concoction that takes you on a journey within your own mind! Probably! It might also take you someplace else! You can get it, just like any good thing, for free at the Armory, Sandy will help you if you ask her. If she won't - grownups don't like kids touching grownup stuff, after all - you can ask someone else to give some to you. I'm afraid you can't help test the sprayer, though - you might accidentally kill yourself from inhaling the stuff, though if you really, really want to, you can try some Xeno Spit in the traditional ingested form - I've got a whole case of it. It seems mostly harmless, but it can be pretty scary sometimes, so it's up to you whether you want any. And, judging by the fact that it has xenobiological enzymes - a xeno is an alien, Grate, it's how sciency people call all the things not from human places - I'd say it's closer to spit than a pit."
Grate listens attentively, then tries to discreetly move away from Stacy and towards Feyri. He succeeds in moving but fails at discreetness.

"Ugh... that accursed beverage... *sigh* Grate. Do NOT under any circumstances try using that godforsaken poison. Promise me that. Please."
"Okay! Sorry Stacy, I can't help your experiment!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh, it's no problem, Grate. You probably wouldn't be able to help me, anyway - the testing needed requires one to spray people in the face with a chemical sprayer, which, while fun, is probably not what you're best at, am I right?"

Stacy thinks as he twirls about.

"Can you use any weapons, Grate? I mean, are you skilled in the use of any particular weapon?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"But surely our Mk suits already indicate our status? Anyway, our reputation is as a legion of violent, murderous hooligans to begin with, the absence of a proper uniform would indicate our supposed barbarism and hence help intimidate hostiles."
"You assume that everyone there knows what your space suit looks like. Or knows of the HMRC as a physical, military unit. I assure you that many consider the HMRC to simply be a pit of torture where the most loathsome criminals - no offense -are thrown. And even if they did know you as HMRC, why would they think you have power over them. Technically, without our backing, you're an even lower caste then the browns. If they see you going around, intimidating the locals with no backing of the government, it will just further anger them.

The uniforms conceal your identity as criminals and mark you as being enforcers of our will. I honestly don't understand why you'd be so adverse to wearing them. "

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 243