Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 456103 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Welp, lets assume you all gather up together and begin deliberation.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

The black void memory is exactly that - just black void and nothing else; the Ghostship appears to be contemplating and reflecting on the memories. I think it is part of the problem - specifically, the memory of thinking that led to this cognitive loop state - but it is not the source of the problem, and thus deleting it is only a short-term fix. The Ghostship might come to the same conclusions later, when we are not around - and possibly to much worse results.
Report what I have seen in the hard memory. Converse with the team.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"The memory those two saw might be trouble. The keyboard one definitely is."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

However, we probably should not erase the keyboard memory - the Ghostship would think the Altered wars are still going on, just as it happened to that other Ghostship we've been told about in the briefing. It would serve us to disarm the cognitive conflict just as well if we erase the other memory which makes it trouble - that is, if it is trouble.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

So everyone has reported to each other.

Just let me know when you've decided which one to destroy.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"I didn't consider the potential that the ship could forget about the Altered Wars ending... but I'm not sure if the risk is that great. Surely it isn't the only memory of the end of the war, just the only one we can access from where we are? The other ship apparently deleted a whole bunch of memories... and didn't that guy say it stopped short of burning an inhabited world? Though this ship is a different one altogether..." Gorat sighs.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Let's see. So far the only memory we saw the ship watching before it thought something was wrong and started to chase us was the one where it destroyed the Altered and was happy with it, but that doesn't seem the one. It is a mental loop, so the memory where the ship is in the void thinking may be it, since it starts to think about it thinking about it thinking." Milno tries to explain, finding the whole matter a bit bizarre. A mission where he ends up aking a few shots to the gut and firing back is seeming like a walk in the park compared to this one.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

((Too bad we can't bet tokens on the correct course of action.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Why not? Say... "Hey guys, remember that small-team mission which other people were going on? I bet that if they have reached a point of decision, it's plan C that would work best. Plan A is always discarded at the last moment and plan B tends to be shit most of time. Two tokens, what do you say?" ;) ))
Somehow I get a hunch that the problem lies not in the contradiction of the Ghostship's reception by Magisters, but in a contradiction of how Magisters value human lives, or something like that. Possibly by comparing the training/creation memories and some others. Or maybe that memory of the planet burning... but it seems too easy; there must be something else.
Past Sigs

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"Let's try to take stock again...
1) Embedded globe - Ghost ship memory; destroying an Altered armada; we screwed up somehow and the ship concentrated on the memory.
2) Drifting helmet - Individual memory; Altered assaulting a base; the ship investigated while we were in, and the blobs appeared.
3) Ghostship fleet - Ghost ship memory; first field test, apparently. The ship destroys an Altered planet, possibly feels sad about that. The memory is practically assaulted.
4) Hiding face - Individual memory; the ultimate descent into a collective being
5) Syringe zeppelin - Individual memory; VonNost's experiments in deindividualization.
6) Nerve node - Individual memory; first steps towards an organic supercomputer.
7) Cheering keyboard - Ghost ship memory: The end of the Altered wars, the ship recognizing the hatred towards itself. Notably, the cheering stopped when we approached.
8)Empty void - Ghost ship memory; The ship contemplating on the past.
9)Metal bench -  Individual memory; The individual getting sworn into the UWM creed.
10)Burning world -  Ghost ship memory; The ship burns down a whole inhabited world.
"
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"I'm for either the void or the keyboard if we're taking a vote."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"My inclination would be keyboard first, then the void... and if that's still wrong, we're most likely dead." Gorat says. Then he addresses his ghosts. So, chances are we and the ship we're on are about to get atomized. Has that happened to one of you guys before?
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"The ship may have other memories regarding the Altered Wars ending, but that's probably the only one in which it has scanned the mind of people and noticed how much they fear and loathe it." Milno points out, still undecided.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"My inclination would be keyboard first, then the void... and if that's still wrong, we're most likely dead." Gorat says. Then he addresses his ghosts. So, chances are we and the ship we're on are about to get atomized. Has that happened to one of you guys before?

One fell into a plasma reactor.

He was fairly atomized.

But it worked out fine.

Yep, Though it stung a bit.

No whining out of you.

Yes, I died with my broken tibia through my sternum.

Plasma is relatively gentle, all things considered.

Warm too.

They pause a second.

Remember.

Remember.

Ghosts ships are like children.

Or computers.

Emotional reactions are conditioned.

View things in black and white.

Absolute terms.

Cognitive dissonance.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Gorat echoes the last thoughts of the ghosts to his companions.
"Ghosts ships are like children.
Or computers.
Emotional reactions are conditioned.
View things in black and white.
Absolute terms.
Cognitive dissonance.
"
Direforged Original
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 243