Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 455846 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

You think?.. No, I don't think so. The Ghostship is both a tool of destruction and a form of humankind ascended - magnificent, enormous, brilliant and cunning, yet straightforward and focused. Unless it has changed greatly - greatly - since the creation, I don't think it would play such petty games as toying with the prey. Unlike Steve, who, while not strictly human, appears to be understandable and human-like (or at least plays that role well enough to fool us), I find the Ghostship to be beyond human-like reason and thought.
That must be the difference between wetware AI and Ghostships, come to think of it. Oh well, no time for that now.

... Though if the Ghostship have acquired sophistication in the course of the centuries-long life, I must agree that there might be a plan behind everything we've encountered here.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 05:29:35 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Here's my opinion on a plan: we say 'fuck' and retreat. Jim?" Milno says.

Retreat.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Yeah, sure. Let's go."

Jim moves to exit the house.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

I can remain behind and try to check it. Then I'll follow you out of here. What do you say?

If I get caught... it might endanger the team. Or not. Nevertheless, it's not my decision to take; I just have to convey my readiness to...
... contribute to the mission competion, no matter the cost.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 09:23:12 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"If it were just me and you, I would let you, but..."

Jim trailed off, trying to indicate that Milno and Gorat at least wouldn't agree with this course of action.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Maurice bobbed in space, nodding.

((Basically, accepting Jim's words unless Milno/Gorat/Pancaek speak before the next update and support my suggestion as well.
And suddenly, we have democracy. Yay! :P ))
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 11:48:26 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

"You'd stay behind, alone in this god-forsaken mind-fuck of a house? you brave, brave man. try not to get murdermangled."

Follow Jim

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"Obviously, I'd prefer if you didn't, but it's not my call."

Follow Jim.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

I'm honestly not sure if Maurice is going in or not. It seems to me like most people are against it and that Maurice said he would follow jim's advice if everyone else thought it was good advice.

Maurice, need a confirmation here. Save me.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Remain behind and search for hard memories. If none found, GTHO as well.
((I wasn't sure as well, but... oh well, it's not like I risk anything important here, right? :) ))
Past Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Remain behind and search for hard memories. If none found, GTHO as well.
((I wasn't sure as well, but... oh well, it's not like I risk anything important here, right? :) ))

Okie dokie.

Lets do this quick shall we, to make up for lost time.

Basically in this memory the ship is being honored for it's part in he altered wars. It's being given a great amount of fanfare and applause, triumphant music playing as it sits in a dock on some planet somewhere. However, after this event it's being sent out to the far edges of human controlled space to search for any remnants of the altered. However the Ghostship is combing through the minds of those attending the ceremony and realizing how much they fear and distrust it.  It basically realizes that it's being exiled to the edge of known space because it's usefulness has ended and all it does now is scare people and remind them of the lengths they had to go to survive.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Wait until the memory loops, then exit and quickly return to the team.
Report to the team what I have seen there.

... In conclusion, I believe it might be one of the key memories causing the cognitive loop.
Past Sigs

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@piecewise: How about the rest of the team?

Now that we seem to be getting closer to the end of the mission, anyone wondering whether we should keep checking until we complete at least ten hard memories found?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

(( Certainly. The only problem I see is that there might be not exactly ten memories, but ten, give or take a few - which might be as big as three, thus making the seven hard memories we have found the only ones we have to deal with. ))
Past Sigs

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

((We probably should keep searching, yeah. 7 memories is a bit too far away from the ten or so that we were told to expect for me to be comfortable. Even if it seems that the keyboard is the root cause right now, there might be things we've overlooked.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 243