Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 455755 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Wait with the others.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

(Yeah, maurice is with everyone else.)

Everyone just kinda watches the blobs for a bit. They seem to stay in a rough orbit around the memory, drifting around in a protective blockade. It seems like it would be neigh impossible to get to the memory without alerting them; though the team could just charge into the space between two of them and slip through, it's doubtful they'll just let you go. Maybe they could be distracted and drawn off...but then again maybe not. Maybe they would just call for reinforcements. Hmm.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'll check to see if they are around every hard memory." Milno says, disgruntled.

Check around for the other hard memories.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"You shouldn't go all alone. I'll accompany you."

Aid Milno unless he says otherwise.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"No problem. Not moving too far away either, don't want to lose the main group. Jim?"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Yeah, you two stay together. Maurice, Pancaek, on me."

Jim and his team will head in the opposite direction of Milno and Gorat's team to look for more hard memories.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

At once. Maurice said with a smile invisible to anyone given his current form.

Follow Jim's orders. Look for blobs and/or hard memories.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

"aye aye, cap'"

Follow Jim's instructions

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

So you guys find 3 hard memories but I can't tell you what they look like because I don't have the notebook that has those written down. I left it in my car and someone is using that right now so...I'll tell you what they look like here in a bit I suppose.

How embarrassing.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

((Plus, if they read the notebook their minds will explode, which would slow down updates as well.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((Plus, if they read the notebook their minds will explode, which would slow down updates as well.))

((No, no, their minds wouldn't explode. Their skull would forcibly remove itself from their head and its contents and start jabbering about on the dashboard.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Alright they are:

a giant nerve node

What look like several dozen tiny ships all hovering near each other.

An area that just seems to be filled with cheering. Judging by the arrangement of the blobs, the actual memory itself is near the center.

Sorry about that.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Why would there be a memory of a nerve node?" Jim said, looking at it suspiciously. "What do you guys think? Check it out?"

(It's all right. You've got a lot to keep up with, what with running another RTD and the other mission/ship threads for this one.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@piecewise: Yeah, don't be hard on yourself. I'd be gibbering by now if I had that much to keep track.

Also, are all the new memories we found also surrounded by blobs?))

"Damn blobs." Milno says, displeasure clear in his voice. "We should probably check it, at any rate."
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

(( Remember, Piecewise: You're an awesome GM! :P ))
The flotilla also seems suspicious. And I wonder whether the cheering refers to the end of the Altered Wars and if it could be the source of the Ghostship's inactivity - "War is over, we are no longer needed, we can finally have all the rest we ever wanted".
Still, the ships and, perhaps, the face seem the most suspicious of all. But I doubt that we can afford to jump to conclusions and thus checking all of them is required.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 243