Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 456733 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I honestly have no idea."
Charles turns to the officials.
"May I please point out that our self-declared "commander" is currently completely naked and making no effort to get into clothing anytime soon, I ask of you, would we seriously have someone like her in any official capacity?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

"I agree! We should choose our leader by poplar consent! I vote for Miss Feyri!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Why do we require a leader?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"To stop Miss May from telling us what to do?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I agree! We should choose our leader by poplar consent! I vote for Miss Feyri!"
"Likewise."
Why do we require a leader?
"Just to coordinate our actions and ensure that our actions don't conflict."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yeah, that too!"
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While I see little point to this action, I will support Feyri for the position as she is not idiotic.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

"Sure, Feyri probably works. She'll be able to handle the PR!"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

Look up at Feyri, with my head tilted to my left. smile slightly for a moment when she looks in my direction. look back down afterwards.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yay, Feyri's the leader!"
Hug the leader.
Sig

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A leader....Feyri is good.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Should we organize ourselves into squads now based off of skills and equipment or wait until we're formally briefed?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I call Miss Feyri's squad!"
Sig

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Test out new cameyes and cameye modes on one of the masked men.
Motion sensing isn't of much help, nor is the x-ray mode with that metal armor, but heat sensing tells you that they're probably human under that armor, ie not cyborgs. The costumes must be ceremonial.

-snip-

((Oh, this is going to be good.))
((PTSD?! That's quite a good reason. :P))

Feyri steps out and checks the pod for any damages. Ensure I'm properly clothed before addressing them.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Whole Squad
Don't assume too much, and keep your communications with the locals brief. We cannot pour our own authorities on people who serve one who is 'much greater than thou shalt ever be.'

Because they're curious. They're measuring us and our reputation even here.

Also, dress up, some of you. I haven't seen half of you in person like this. And that was meant in the best way possible.

Ask Steve. My action is later on.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Paracelsus' Sword AI
So our shuttle can be easily compromised like this, without warning its occupants of any external intrusion?

>I let them in. It's not like they would call for back up then slit your throats in your sleep.  Well, probably not.

As Stacy gets up and starts to perform a very slow, serene belly dance, he replies to the man.

"Yes, presumably. The Radiant One is the ruler of this planet, right? Need to check beforehand."

Askety ask. Put on MKII suit if available together with equipment. If not available, just keep dancing.
You proceed to waggle your junk at him while getting dressed. He doesn't show even a flicker of emotion, his face remaining as serene and unchanging as a porcelain mask.

"Yes, he is."

cough up the last of the stasis fluid, then
EDITED IN LINE: Retrieve my clothing and put it on in whatever form of privacy I can reasonably locate inside the shuttle, afterwards
lean against the pod I came out of and look from side to side, followed by looking down at the floor near me, my breathing mildly accelerated. clasp my hands behind my back after I think I'm done coughing.
back away if any of the natives approach within six feet of me.
You get dressed, hiding behind Feyri as best you can and keeping an eye on the masked men. The stay back, standing perfectly, unnaturally, still.

Xan gets up, focusing on the most forward of the masked men.
Yes, we are here to protect the flesh puppet you call king.
The masked men behind the messenger in red all stir and tighten their grip on their weapons, collectively lowering themselves like a cat coiling to pounce. The messenger responds only with a slight smile.

"Mind your tongue within the palace, or soon you may find yourself without it."
"We are the 11th Regiment of the H.M.R.C. Conscripted Special Forces. I am High Commissioner May Elizas Roxine, taking charge of Diplomatic Relations for my posse. It is an honor to be greeted by those before me."

Introduce myself and the group. Give a cute little curtsey at the end.

Hearing Xan makes this statement, May follows it up with "Please forgive Rearguard Sergeant Xan Jujubutt over here. He's a fine soldier, but his wife and children have recently been captured by space pirates, and it is quite hard on his psyche. So attribute any negativity of his speech as haberdashery on account of his PTSD."
"We are the 11th Regiment of the H.M.R.C. Conscripted Special Forces. I am High Commissioner May Elizas Roxine, taking charge of Diplomatic Relations for my posse. It is an honor to be greeted by those before me."

Hearing Xan makes this statement, May follows it up with "Please forgive Rearguard Sergeant Xan Jujubutt over here. He's a fine soldier, but his wife and children have recently been captured by space pirates, and it is quite hard on his psyche. So attribute any negativity of his speech as haberdashery on account of his PTSD."
"Pay her no mind," Faith said quickly to the apparent leader. "As you may have guessed, many of us are quite eccentric. She's unusual even by our own standards, and holds no particular rank or purpose."

Countermay.

"Pay her no mind," Faith said quickly to the apparent leader. "As you may have guessed, many of us are quite eccentric. She's unusual even by our own standards, and holds no particular rank or purpose."

Countermay.

May overhears the counter argument and leans in closer to the masked men, whispering, "Don't listen to Team Chef and Bathroom Maintainer Faith Valentimos over there. She's been having delusions of grandeur ever since she lost her real human body a few missions ago. Poor thing, got sodomized by an Equestrian and all her internal organs were ruptured. She enjoyed it at least though, that's why her tribal name roughly translates into "Woman Who Spend Too Much Time With Horses."

Educate our hosts.
Charles puts on his MkII suit and if he can, equips his weapon and ammunition.
"We are here for crowd control and psychological warfare purposes, correct? I can assure you that we are the "right" people for the job" Charles gestures towards May "I used to be a psychiatrist. In all my years of experiences, I have never seen anyone afflicted with such a severe mental disorder as she has, so please pardon her, well, psychotic ramblings."
Formerly ingrained procedure resurfaced instinctively into Charles. Charles tries to make a good first impression.

"I'm pretty sure snorting 20 ounces of X-Cocaine and then railing on for hours about how everyone is in on the bovine conspiracy doesn't qualify you to be a psychiatrist." May turns back to the masked men. "Yeah, they've been through a lot. Try to be easy on them, all right?"

Make final (hopefully) introduction declaration before suiting up properly.
May scoots towards the masked men, away from her group. "Now you can either listen to these people, who frequent discussions like this, or you can trust me with keeping my Regiment in line."

Give our hosts their options.

The messenger in red watches with marked restraint as the naked albino argues with what appears to be a skinless sexbot about who is in charge, who is insane and what exactly is going on. The most expression he shows is a slight tilt of the head when, amongst much screaming and jabbering from everyone on the shuttle, the conversation becomes an argument of which is better, sodomy or cannibalism. And then people being declaring that some woman named Feyri is their leader. He seems very bemused by all this.

Charles puts on his MkII suit and if he can, equips his weapon and ammunition.
"We are here for crowd control and psychological warfare purposes, correct? I can assure you that we are the "right" people for the job" Charles gestures towards May "I used to be a psychiatrist. In all my years of experiences, I have never seen anyone afflicted with such a severe mental disorder as she has, so please pardon her, well, psychotic ramblings."
Formerly ingrained procedure resurfaced instinctively into Charles. Charles tries to make a good first impression.
You get yourself dressed and your weapon locked and loaded, but when it comes to making a good impression you think that it may beyond your capacities. I mean...may and Faith just spent the last few minutes nudely screaming at each other, each presenting wildly different stories of whats going on; Stacy literally waved his junk in the Messengers face, and the eunuch just insulted their godking.

It's a good thing the messenger has the emotional range of an apathetic block of plastic, otherwise they'd probably just weld the shuttle door shut and push it off a cliff into the sea. Holy hell man, opening this shuttle was like opening pandora's box and finding it was filled entirely with sentient razor blades that have a taste for eyes and genital skin.

((...I won't ask. He's not a robot? Where's his sheet?

Because that can define..anything really. How does he look like? XD))

ACTION: Observe the masked men. Check for minute mannerisms that may express their caste, intention, rank..anything, really. Then examine the area outside the shuttle, and if anything from the shuttle has been damaged.

Examine Grate. Examine Lyra. Examine Stacy. Examine May. All in chronological order. Examine that robot; do I know if it's Faith?

(None of them have significantly changed since last you saw them. Here's the character lists (note equipment isn't up to date on these sheets, because I only use these to track stats)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n35zk9tot00u9h7/idiots%20in%20space.txt

[int:2]
You can't tell anything about the masked men from what you've seen of them. Perhaps you simply need to see more. Or perhaps you're just dumb.

The team gets itself dressed and shoves Feyri forward as the unofficial leader.

"So you are the one who leads these...men." The messenger says, looking past Feyri toward the team.  "Very well. There are a few rules which it is important that you and your team follow while in the palace. Men in yellow or orange are of a higher status then you. Do not look them in the eye, do not speak to them unless they speak to you, do not cross their paths. If the Radiant One should desire to see you, I shall instruct you how to behave in his presence. You shall not see him otherwise."

"Now, I will lead you to the guard's quarters where you shall be instructed on your duties and shown your quarters. Do you have any questions before we depart?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How munerous are the rebellious populace.
Is there any organized religion beyond that which you yourselves worship.
How old is the Radiant One.
What are the weapons the guards are carrying.
Are you afraid.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 243