Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 455561 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

The team dives straight into the memory and comes up in a rather strange place. It's completely black, save for 10 simple shapes hovering directly in front of them. A green box appears and scrolls across the symbols until it selects one. For a few seconds it sits there, idle, until a chime plays and the world flashes green. As this happens, a distinct feeling of euphoria passes over the team; a level of pleasure that borders on sexual.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy shit.

Make sure I'm in the usual inconspicuous dust form (or anything sufficiently inconspicuous, for that matter). Keep watching.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 06:23:53 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Interesting.
Watch. Wait.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim, for obvious reasons, has no idea what the hell that sensation is supposed to be. He does, however, know that it's a good idea to turn into a form that can easily hide, such as a particle of dust.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Another series of things appear; a sample of 10 colors. The cursor selects one of the colors and waits. After a few seconds the world flashes red and there is a feeling of unimaginable disappointment and pain. Pain like a white hot knife being pushed into the soft flesh between your toes or Nails being driven under your fingernails. It passes after a moment and more symbols appear. The process repeats itself over and over. Mostly the choices result in green. Sometimes in red. Each one leaves you with a frightful anticipation of what the next will be and a desire, above all else, for it to be correct.

Eventually, the symbols disappear and the world fades from black to a fuzzy sort of reality; the foggy vision of someone who has just awoken. They're staring at the ceiling while something moves away from their head. There are people beside them, out of line of sight but you know they're there. You can feel them touching you, removing nerve probes from nodes like the ones in your arms and legs and spine.

"That was very good"  Someone says, their voice tinny over a speaker, "Your agreement rates are up a full 5% from last time."

The chair the memory's owner is sitting in slowly moves from reclined to upright, forcing their sluggish body to look  forward, at the man behind a plate glass window in front of them. It's an oldish looking man, hard to say his age, but he's graying and has deep wrinkles around his eyes. He glances from a screen, up at the memory's owner and then back down. The cone of vision sweeps to the side, looking around. There are other people in the chamber with you; nearly naked, covered in large, antiquated looking nerve ports, their heads shaved and their skin pale from years of nothing but artificial light. Slowly, you join together in a group and shuffle out. It strikes you as funny; the way the memory's owner falls into place in the middle of the line. It's like it's been rehearsed...or rather like they know what the other person is going to do.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

So, a memory of the training. Or rather conditioning. Let's see how this goes.

Remain in the vision cone. Subtly.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tests. Lovely.

Stay in the cone of vision.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Wait. Watch. Remain visible.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

As the line of subjects walks out they pass by the gray haired man and several other men and women who, judging by their attire, are scientists or doctors of some sort. Most of them have faces buried in datapads, but the gray haired man is watching, staring intently over thick glasses. As the subjects pass he points and mutters to one of the men at his side.

"Up his dosage by 10...A10 cranial nerve node looks infected, treat with Pribrace..."

He squints at the memory owner and gestures towards the man at the front of the line. The line stops and the gray haired man walks in and looks closely at your vessel's face.

"This one..." he picks up the vessel's hand and looks at it. "Is shaking."

He looks back at the man.

"Beta blockers for possible anxiety. Run a nerve scan to make sure there are no abnormalities or damage."

"Yes Dr. VonNost," The man says, marking something down on his pad.

The Doctor turns back to your vessel and tilts his head slightly.

"Tell me. Are you afraid?"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Study 'Dr VonNost', the glasses he wears, the way he tilts his head and speaks, his other mannerisms. By any chance, ..?
Also, as usual, watch & wait & remain in the vision cone.
Past Sigs

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile

((I think we're all thinking the same thing. If this was an anime or Sherlock Holmes, it would be his great-great-grandpa, he he he.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Perhaps that IS the Doctor, in which case "Von Nost" becomes ER's equivalent of "Zentol"))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

((I'm guessing the altered wars gave birth to many "doctors" in the sense of men who sacrificed morality for victory. The doctor said something similar to "they put me in the HMRC because I did immoral things for the UWM and even though I helped them win, this is how they rewarded me" so it's possible that if he isn't Nost, he did something similar to him during the Altered wars: immoral research that helped win the war but had to be suppressed after it.

If the Doctor is indeed this Nost guy, then that means he might know how amps work.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Watch the "Doc's" movements and the vessel's reaction to the scrutiny.
>Yes?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Gorat, not really having met the Doctor besides the Ivan aftermath (and perhaps a few times in the background), has no real reason to be curious about VonNost beyond his role regarding the Ghost Ship. He watches all of his surroundings with equal interest.

((Second time VonNost is mentioned, just in case someone missed that. Simus had a book by this VonNost that basically said Screw Peacetime Ethics. The same theory whether he was our Doctor came up then as well.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 243