Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 455449 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: The Calm before the storm
« Reply #2055 on: September 20, 2013, 02:55:35 pm »

((Three options come to mind and they are:))

"We could try to bluff our way past this. Second option is we try to hide somewhere close instead so confrontation only happens if the welded door is found out and the last one is we stage a kissing and groping scene between two of us so we discourage them from coming any closer."

"Let's look for a place to hide."
Milno says quietly and hurriedly as he tries to find any nearby hiding spot in the map he memorized.

Hide weapon, search for a nearby place to hide in, drag teammates along.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: September 20, 2013, 02:58:46 pm »

((So Faith and Simus make out- when person stops to stare, Milno clonks them with a wrench?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: September 20, 2013, 03:05:31 pm »

((So Faith and Simus make out- when person stops to stare, Milno clonks them with a wrench?))

((That'd probably make them roll for sanity damage and would be a good opportunity to stage an ambush with. We aren't sure it's a maintenance guy who was sent exactly to fix the problem we caused, so I'd rather avoid getting into a direct confrontation until we get confirmation.

If it's just a guy heading anywhere but to the junction, watching Faith and Simus making out would probably make them turn their backs and prevent combat.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: September 20, 2013, 03:25:25 pm »

Look, our work orders say we're supposed to be here, what if this welded door, and whatever is behind it, is the reason we were given the orders, as far as anyone coming is concerned, with the loss of signal from the junction something that happened while we were about to open the doors? We can keep that pretense for the precious few moments we need to surround and either persuade, incapacitate, or kill. Preferably one of the former two options.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: September 20, 2013, 04:20:55 pm »

((Knowing whether we are supposed to be here is a thing we should have done before. If it's the jamaican-irish accent man, then conflict can be avoided if he sees some synth-on-synth action.

Edit: Before act:

@GM: Does the work order indicate that one junction as our objective?))
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: September 20, 2013, 06:13:56 pm »

((I'd also like to know what tools we have. Considering lying about not having a cutting torch, but I'm not sure if it's reasonable or true.))

Faith tapped the now-sealed door.

"Explosives. On our way to check, can't cut through without triggering them. Very bizarre, seeing as this is... the comm or power link to a hangar or something. Possibly rigged, even accidental explosives, a bizarrely positioned fuel tank or similar, for less suspicion.

Ideally we don't even have to do anything, they just turn around and leave to inform someone or fetch a tool. If we do, intimidation should work for a non-sod. A techie will want no part in this."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: September 20, 2013, 06:22:05 pm »

Faith, if anyone is allowed to see us and leave, even with a cover story, then it's all the more likely our cover will end up blown, especially if we set it up as a bomb threat, they'll attempt to inform their superiors and get more people sent here. We wait, he comes, we bluff him with just starting to unweld the door when comms got cut, and one of us uses the time we buy with that to surround him and then we either talk him to our side or incapacitate him.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2062 on: September 21, 2013, 09:41:43 am »

Quietly to the others:

Incoming, 30 seconds. They're alone, probably a technician. Holster your arms, we can probably bluff this long enough to surround them.

Hide the silenced pistol under the work clothes, await arrival.
You unzip your overalls a bit, tuck the pistol in and then zip them back up. You try to look non-nonchalant, like you're not part of a secret sabotage unit thats infiltrated this base.

((Three options come to mind and they are:))

"We could try to bluff our way past this. Second option is we try to hide somewhere close instead so confrontation only happens if the welded door is found out and the last one is we stage a kissing and groping scene between two of us so we discourage them from coming any closer."

"Let's look for a place to hide."
Milno says quietly and hurriedly as he tries to find any nearby hiding spot in the map he memorized.

Hide weapon, search for a nearby place to hide in, drag teammates along.
You hide your weapon inside your overalls and look around. The room the box was in was pretty much the only real hiding place anywhere near here. This is basically just a long, concrete hall; one end eventually turns and leads up toward where the intruder is coming from. The other leads away for a good long time before turning. Nowhere to hide and even making a break for the other end of the tunnel, it's questionable if you could make it there before this mystery person did. And you'd make a hell of a racket running like that...You don't see any way out of this...

((Knowing whether we are supposed to be here is a thing we should have done before. If it's the jamaican-irish accent man, then conflict can be avoided if he sees some synth-on-synth action.

Edit: Before act:

@GM: Does the work order indicate that one junction as our objective?))
Yes.

After a few more tense seconds the intruder rounds the corner. It's the man from before, sandwich guy.

"Oh, there ya are." He says, looking rather relieved. "I hoped I might catch up to ya. Hey, is your radio working? Mine's dead." he holds up his handheld radio and gives it a shake.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: September 21, 2013, 11:05:39 am »

((See, it's sandwich guy. Should have enacted the synth-on-synth action plan.))

"We tried them just a bit back but ours are dead too." Milno says, crossing his arms and appearing worried. "Think something's up?" he asks.

Talk to man.
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: September 21, 2013, 04:47:38 pm »

It gets worse than that, not only are our radios dead, but some vormachen has welded shut the door to the junction we're supposed to work on.

Chat.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: September 21, 2013, 07:06:40 pm »

"Stop complaining, you'll just have to undo the job and fill a report later so we catch the dick who did it. Think the guy who did it was trying to get the attention of one of you girls? It wouldn't be the first time someone tries to get into your synth-pants. Maybe we'll find a little love letter hidden inside." Milno remarks, smirking slightly as he talks before returning his gaze to the sandwich man.
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: September 21, 2013, 07:22:30 pm »

Just because you're incapable of getting into any pants yourself...

Anyways, this would explain what we were sent about, someone's not only welded up the door, but probably been monkeying around inside.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 08:01:22 pm by PyroDesu »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: September 21, 2013, 07:58:17 pm »

((I think we should avoid allowing the guy to make the connection between the junction and radio malfunction. Steve said it's more or less a secret failure he introduced into the base's design.))

"Don't blame me for you not having any bits to get it on with your male co-workers. You kind of put yourself in this situation."
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: September 21, 2013, 08:11:43 pm »

((Good point.))

You act like I cared, even before I ended up like this. It's more her, that would be like that.

Simus points at Faith.

Now, shouldn't we be working? Oh wait, you forgot your tools, and her tools don't cover major mechanical work. So more, I should be getting this door unsealed. I'm sure you two will be fine keeping him company while I work on this.

((And that's you and Irony's cue to get this guy down, incapacitate or end up talking into our side, whichever.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: September 21, 2013, 08:30:26 pm »

((I'd rather wait for the next turn to roll out before taking any drastic measures.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 243