Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 455431 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: Revenge of the Speech Roll
« Reply #1605 on: August 10, 2013, 03:31:42 am »

(([1] Xan stares at Stacy's hand in punishment. It does not seem to be affected; there seems to be some kind of protective field! Xan feels a pain in his right hand and looks at it. Well, this explains why Stacy's hand wasn't burning.))
((Can't happen.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1606 on: August 10, 2013, 12:28:05 pm »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

Take Anti-Bleeding Meds. I still have Anti-Trauma meds apart from that, right?

Xan's head turns over to Stacy. It's not very angry, but the intent in it is ... chilly, to say the least.

Burn Stacy's hand with the amp until he drops the gun.

Do not. Do that. Again.
(You have pain killers, but thats about it.)
You take the coagulant boosters and the bleeding stops almost immediately. Well, thats fixed, but your foot is still gimped and still hurts.Hurts like crazy. Time to make someone else hurt.
[exo:6+1]
Oh dear.

"Oh dear, how unfortunate! Well, at least we know of criminal activity in the region now! And don't worry, I'm not about to shoot you again. Not on purpose, anyway. I don't think I'd be able to, even."

Drop weapon next to Xan. Dance around him.

"Anyhow, need any help?"

Help Xan up if he accepts.
You drop the weapon and reach down to help Xan up. As you reach down, you notice him staring up at you, with clearly homicidal intent. And then a tiny point of light blinks into existence. It hovers there for a second, tiny as a pinprick in reality but bright enough to fill the entire alleyway with shimmering white light. And then it expands.

[Stacy end:6]
[Xan end:6+1]
The point of light bursts outward, a shimmering white wall of heat with a blastwave of superheated air following in it's wake. Buildings blacken to ash and then burst as the blastwave sweeps over them. Xan and Stacy are hurled backwards, tumbling back across crumbling ashen tall grass and and coming to a stop, covered in soot and half buried in ash. The wall of light expands outward, weakening as it goes, setting buildings alight and boiling men and women alive before fading from existence with a hiss, leaving nothing but a dissipating heat haze.

Stacy and Xan sit up, raising hazy black clouds as they move in the ash, and look around. The area around them has been completely blackened and on its edges buildings are burning. Ash falls like anemic gray snow, invisible against the black night sky, but illuminated by the fires. Sprays of cinders and walls of smoke rise above them, forming a hellish dome of flickering firelight that blots out the stars. And all around them is distant screaming.

"AIN'T NO RUNNING FROM BIG MAMA."

Shoot the man in the back of his leg with the Revolver.
[Con:2]
You attempt to make a running shot against the fleeing man, but you miss him entirely. You're lining up another shot when something happens. Something back toward Stacy and Xan explodes, an expanding flash of light and then a shockwave that knocks you and your target off your feet. You land face first and close your eyes as the light fades. When you finally look up, the building to the right of you is on fire and a thin coating of windblown ash is whipping down the alley.  You scramble up and dive on top the man before he can get up and start again. You sit on him with a grin as you pin his arms behind him. Then you notice the blood on your hands. You turn the man over and find that most of the skin on the right side of his body has been burnt off. He seems to be unconscious.

Pantomime taking off a backpack and opening it. Attempt to be patient in the face of the [Speech: 1-1]. Make mental note to find a proper translation program. Also make a quick note of what color their clothing is
Charles remains in the palace, remotely aiming his turret. He examines each of the unknown figures.
Skylar down near the gate and Charles, up in his machinegun nest, both see the the explosion out in the village a few moments before they hear it. The men renen and skylar were interrogating begin yelling, pointing back toward the township and looking like they're about to scatter.

after being nudged by Feyri, get up and try to use my wrist-comp to get GPS-cordinates or other, similar, locations, for the rest of the team. cross-reference them with Faith's Map where possible.

Succeed or fail, go to the gatehouse afterwards
You are in the middle of typing when you hear something from outside. It's a bang or a whoosh, like distant thunder. You can feel the building shutter slightly. 

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: This is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #1607 on: August 10, 2013, 01:11:49 pm »

((And somewhere in the city, an aspiring serial killer sighs, hangs his head, and gives up his planned vocation, knowing he will never be able to beat the HMRC at its game.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1608 on: August 10, 2013, 01:25:08 pm »

((And somewhere in the city, an aspiring serial killer sighs, hangs his head, and gives up his planned vocation, knowing he will never be able to beat the HMRC at its game.))
Well, Nietzsche once said "Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.", but I'm pretty sure that the HMRC started out as monsters and just got worse.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: August 10, 2013, 01:51:51 pm »

Well, Nietzsche once said "Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.", but I'm pretty sure that the HMRC started out as monsters and just got worse.

((I would not be surprised the HMRC are the kind of monsters he referred to fighting in the first place.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: August 10, 2013, 01:59:26 pm »

((As per usual, green glow for Charles indicates he's radioing everyone.))
"What was that? The people at the gate look quite demoralized now."
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 03:03:15 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: August 10, 2013, 03:02:05 pm »

((Damn, that was some serious luck on my part. I mean, a 6+1 on an action intended to harm me? Would have expected that to permakill me. This, though, is way more fun.))

Stacy sees that he is somehow still alive. This gladdens his craven soul most admirably, and he worms his way out of the ash as quickly as he can. He addresses Xan.

"Man, I'd be mad at you for trying to use your amp on me, but I have to say, what you just did was cool enough to warrant an apology on my part. Sorry for shooting you in the foot, spooky man. Need any help getting up? I think we should probably stop our patrol and vacate the premises. Unless you'd like to bask in some human suffering, that is."

If he doesn't particularly object, tango with Xan back to the palace. Take the gun with me as well. Or, better yet, hand it over to Xan. He surely is more competent with such a thing, yes?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 03:56:43 pm by Harry Baldman »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: August 10, 2013, 03:29:14 pm »

((And once again, the HMRC accidentally fires the first shot.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: August 10, 2013, 03:32:55 pm »

"Map this place out, Grate, and help me coordinate with the others. Find someone in authority who conducts the security detail."
"Yes, ma'am! Did you hear something?"

Salute Feyri, then misunderstand instructions by mapping the room.

"Done! What now?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: August 10, 2013, 03:43:51 pm »

((Damn, that was some serious luck on my part. I mean, a 6+1 on an action intended to harm me? Would have expected that to permakill me. This, though, is way more fun.))
((Lucky endurance roll. Very lucky endurance roll.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: August 10, 2013, 03:47:18 pm »

Go immediately to the gatehouse. watch for potential invading armies along the way, and avoid them if possible. once there look for any HMRC personnel, particularly Faith. if none are found, block the area. if only Faith is found, leave and return to Feyri. if non-Faith HMRC people are found, walk over to them and look at whatever they're looking at.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: August 10, 2013, 03:49:50 pm »

The fact that you survived that is more than enough to take you off my kill list, old one.

Accept help up. Hobble back to the palace.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: August 10, 2013, 03:52:37 pm »

((Goddamn, this is what we're like with amps. When somebody gets a fusion(?) instigator, it's going to be awful.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: August 10, 2013, 03:56:23 pm »

The fact that you survived that is more than enough to take you off my kill list, old one.

"Great! But I can't help but think that there should be some kind of protocol here - perhaps next time I could self-inflict some injuries if you ask for it after I've done something to you? You know, so you don't explode me by accident, or on purpose, for that matter."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: August 10, 2013, 03:58:27 pm »

((Goddamn, this is what we're like with amps. When somebody gets a fusion(?) instigator, it's going to be awful.))
((Just imagine if they had a gravity or organochemistry amp. Especially the gravity.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 243