Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 455784 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

(( And I'm a medic that uses high science to start fires! Who needs conventional weapons!))

((Wait, what's your profession? If it's Fleshtech, we may be in quite a lot of trouble.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( And I'm a medic that uses high science to start fires! Who needs conventional weapons!))

((Wait, what's your profession? If it's Fleshtech, we may be in quite a lot of trouble.))

(( It's fleshtech. Can you spell 'Manipulator Powered Cauterization'? And 'Medic Shot Self and Five Others in Foot with One Bullet. More at 11.'

... and now I want an auto-manip that serves the same function as an electro-cautery tool. Because why do things safely when you can use a barely understood form of science to the same ends? ))
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 04:11:25 am by Kriellya »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( It's fleshtech. Can you spell 'Manipulator Powered Cauterization'? And 'Medic Shot Self and Five Others in Foot with One Bullet. More at 11.'

... and now I want an auto-manip that serves the same function as an electro-cautery tool. Because why do things safely when you can use a barely understood form of science to the same ends?))

((Oh dear. If it's fleshtech, that means you can roll a 1 on Unconventional Weapons rolls.

This is not good.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Indeed. I don't plan to make much use of my manipulator, but I need *a* weapon, and it felt more useful than the mono-filament. We'll see how long it takes for me to accidentally cook my own brain xD ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Stacy whirls around as he waits for somebody to say something. Anybody. Anything. The silence becomes deafening.

"Excuse me, dear messenger, but I had a question - in relation to us, do lower castes have any inalienable rights like their right to life, the right to live unimpeded in a caste system and the right to pursue their happiness within the confines of said caste system, or maybe some other rights we can't trample over in our ever-demanding quest for justice? Or are they legally required to submit to us, no matter what we want to do with them?"

"Also, do you know of any openly rebellious and heretical members of the higher castes? I know, seems unlikely, but you never know, really. If we come across one that's agitating the people and whatnot, how are we allowed to deal with him or her?"

"Finally, may I be excused to retrieve another chemical sprayer right quick? I'm afraid I broke the one I got - silly mistake on my part. I can keep in radio contact with the team while I do this, you know, I probably won't miss a thing."

Ask these things, hopefully receive answers. If excused by messenger, head on over to gardener's shack and obtain chemical sprayer in previously outlined manner.

Discreetly head to the gardener's shack (I should know the way, having been there once, right?), request replacement spraying mechanism (point at pulverized one) or perhaps even a replacement sprayer. If I get it, head back to team after handing the helpful gardener a bottle of Xeno Spit. If I don't, ask why not.

Like so.

"They are required to submit to their betters, however it is an unwritten law of the castes that those of higher position not place their lessers in undue danger or distress. We are their care takers, after all, and it would reflect poorly on us to abuse them unduly. Though, there are some who would argue exactly the extent of what this means. Regardless, attempt to treat them as a teacher would a student; superior, but caring."

"If we knew of them, they would no longer be members of the higher castes, would they?"

"I suppose, though thats something for your commander to decide, more then me."

You look over at Feyri, realize you don't really care, and then run off to the gardener's shack. Everything is going great till you meet the groundskeeper himself and he speaks in a language you don't understand.

((Where did everyone go?))

(( My guess would be '4th of July weekend', or something like that. Possibly combined with a lack of urgency about us, and other RL factors. Go RL! ))

Alright, could you let me know where the infirmary is? I'd like to go get some basic supplies, and see if there's anything of ours your doctors really can't handle. Other than the prosthetics and the synflesh.

Actually, any chance we could get a map of the area?

Inquire within, then head over to the infirmary to check the supplies there.
The Messenger gives you directions and assures you that he'll have a map for you sometime soon.
[int:5]
You find the Infirmary without issue and look around a bit while nurses and doctors give you odd stares. No one tries to stop you, though. Your searching reveals the rather depressing fact that this is little more then a field hospital; a long building full of beds with a few rooms set aside for surgery.  The supplies on hand are almost completely limited to dealing with injury; with only the bare essentials for other common ailments such as low grade pain killers, anti-indigestion meds and the like. And even the supplies on hand for dealing with injuries are fairly crude. No medi-foam, nothing to work with robotics or synthflesh, it's all just tourniquets, stitches, bandages and plasters.   

((I am SO sorry... Work kinda fucked me a little >______< I assume you probably killed me, so... yeah. Just want to say that...))
((I don't think we did.))
((... Seriously? o.o Usually RTDs do that when you lose activity for a bit.))

GET CAUGHT UP WITH EVERYONE AFTER YOUR RANDOM BOUT OF SENILITY, YOU OLD FUCK.
Don't worry about it. I don't kill off the unresponsive. If you go silent I just have you follow along with the group. So you're with'em, just sort of standing there silently. Worse comes to worse I either throw you in a stasis pod back on ship to see if you return, or I make you into an NPC, like Victor and Ivan.

"Anything else?" The messenger says, looking like he has other things to attend to.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As Stacy performs a merry jig, he tries to explain what he needs to the groundskeeper.

Point to the destroyed spraying mechanism urgently, hope the message carries across. If not, point at the thing again, then show two fingers to the groundskeeper, then point at self. If that doesn't work either, look for a sprayer myself.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

((Well that's my reason for keeping my character quiet anyway. I mean, we've gotten out of stasis, someone insulted their ruler/god, people screamed at each other while naked, someone else waved his junk in an official's face, we've mistaken a uniform for a giant sentient space parasite, set the uniform on fire and stared at it while it burned for an extended period of time before anyone tried extinguishing it. If we start failing more any time soon, WE MIGHT GET DISHONORABLY DISCHARGED FROM THE HMRC FOR INCOMPETENCE!))
((Grate had such a future as...um...a member of insane space convicts doing extremely dangerous things for insane space executives in hopes of one day earning his freedom...being discharged might not be so bad.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Continue to be weird silent old guy, adjusting kinetic amplifier and such. Wonder if the kinetic amplification from the glove would help with using the sword to slice things into a million pieces, since I seem to be stuck helping with the whole... well, actual missions things. BEAUROCRACY!

Also it is hilarious that phenominal cosmic powers and melee weapons use the same skill (Unconventional. They do not shoot things with other things.).
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

((Grate had such a future as...um...a member of insane space convicts doing extremely dangerous things for insane space executives in hopes of one day earning his freedom...being discharged might not be so bad.))
((I'm fairly certain early discharge in the HMRC involves the airlock and the armory master.
In other words, not so healthy.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, better than nothing, which is what *I* have. And what most of our medics have, for that matter...

By radio: They don't have much in the way of advanced medical supplies, but it should be enough to patch our wounds, especially since suit integrity is not critically important here. What does May have? We might want her to leave the medkit with one of the medics at the gate when she's out on patrol.

Take a small amount of the supplies, avoid depleting anything from the infirmary stock.
Return to the barracks to finish sorting out assignments.

Also it is hilarious that phenominal cosmic powers and melee weapons use the same skill (Unconventional. They do not shoot things with other things.).

(( Yeah, I think that's part of the reason I chose unconventional. If high science fails me, I can always pick up a piece of glass :P ))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Melee weapons don't actually use the Unconventional skill. They just use Strength and Dexterity. Only stuff like kinetic amps, monoatomic blades and possibly most kinds of explosives use Unconventional for their rolls.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

phenominal cosmic powers
((Meh, they're pretty unremarkable cosmic powers.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

As Stacy performs a merry jig, he tries to explain what he needs to the groundskeeper.

Point to the destroyed spraying mechanism urgently, hope the message carries across. If not, point at the thing again, then show two fingers to the groundskeeper, then point at self. If that doesn't work either, look for a sprayer myself.
The man looks from you, to the sprayer, back to you and then back to the sprayer. He walks back into the shed and comes back a moment later with a new sprayer head.

You do a happy little jig.

Continue to be weird silent old guy, adjusting kinetic amplifier and such. Wonder if the kinetic amplification from the glove would help with using the sword to slice things into a million pieces, since I seem to be stuck helping with the whole... well, actual missions things. BEAUROCRACY!

Kinetic amps won't help you swing swords harder. They're strange sort of things. Imagine them like brass knuckles, because functionally, they're pretty close. They don't make your arm swing faster or let you use melee weapons with more force. They simply amplify the force you put into them. The knuckles amplify it by reducing the surface area of the blow and putting the force behind a non-deforming surface. The kinetic amp does it by literally multiplying the force through vaguely understood and heavily guarded science. To put it another, more visual way

--force-->|kinetic amp|--force squared-->

or in your case

---Punch-->|kinetic amp|---Punch Squared-->

Well, better than nothing, which is what *I* have. And what most of our medics have, for that matter...

By radio: They don't have much in the way of advanced medical supplies, but it should be enough to patch our wounds, especially since suit integrity is not critically important here. What does May have? We might want her to leave the medkit with one of the medics at the gate when she's out on patrol.

Take a small amount of the supplies, avoid depleting anything from the infirmary stock.
Return to the barracks to finish sorting out assignments.

(( Yeah, I think that's part of the reason I chose unconventional. If high science fails me, I can always pick up a piece of glass :P ))
You grab a first aid kit's worth of supplies and scoot back to the group, who seem to be doing nothing in particular.

The Messenger takes the over all lack of anyone saying anything to him as a sign that he can go.

"You should sort out your shifts and get to work as soon as possible. Make sure to wear those uniforms as well; they're quite important."  He steps out the door and makes it a few paces before turning back around.

"Oh and the medic there, the very pale, large one. Could you come with me a moment? I'd like to show you the infirmary, just in case you need to use it."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Wonderful, dear groundskeeper! Simply wonderful! You are a credit to your profession! I could kiss you, but there's a faceplate in the way and you'd probably take it the wrong way. Anyway, see ya later, buddy!"

Wave to gardener and replace the sprayer head. Then go back to the group.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So, who wants to go into the town with me?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 243