Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72186 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Hapah, would you play purposely worst to avoid being night-killed (obviously not bad enough to get lynched) in a game like this?
Nope. Seems like a lot of extra work.
Fair enough.

Ford:  I'll just have to take your claim at face value, because I took no action last night.  I did not receive any night PM.
This feels like rolefishing, but I'm not really sure.
What does that mean?  Are they role-fishing or not?

But you asked how I feel, and sometimes that isn't rational. When the round started at night, I felt vulnerable because I had no reads and there was nothing I could do to defend myself. That's why I chose to fire off my block -- in the hopes of hitting scum and surviving until day.
That makes sense, if my delay did work then Toaster should be unable to action next night.

Currently having a very shitty weekend.  I finished my homework though, yay!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

A fire has broken out!

Suddenly, Toaster II was engulfed in flames.  Everyone spun around and looked at him in surprise.  It would... have to just be an accident, right?  A likely ending for someone who played with fire.

Toaster has been killed.

His corpse was burnt beyond recognition.

However, the fire continued to spread.  A mere spark from the fire on Toaster II struck Captain Ford, and that was enough for him to instantly go up in flames.

Captain Ford has been killed.

The Soldier began to panic.  No human would catch fire so easily... this would have to be a deliberate act of arson.  And, suddenly, Deathsword realized that his clothes felt faintly damp.

He didn't have long to consider the consequences of this fact.  Fumes in the air ignited, and quickly spread to him.

The Soldier has been killed.

"How... how could this happen?" murmered Hapah II, "There are specific rules against using arson in this contest.  Even Toaster himself couldn't get around them!"
"I guess you could say I found a loophole, of sorts."  A shadowy figure put his left hand on Hapah II's shoulder.  At the same time he clicked with his right hand... igniting a match and throwing it at ToonyMan, who was also consumed by the inferno.

ToonyMan has been killed.

"Simple, really.  Gasoline may be disallowed, but what if I mix the gasoline in with an antidote?  Seems the game didn't care about that.  I spent the entire game "curing" the rest of you... and now I can win!"
"But how did you manage it, Deathsword?  Can't you only bring one skill to the event?"
"Sure, Deathsword had no way of doing it.  But I did, Hapah.  The controller of the game may assign himself any role he likes!"

The figure tossed a lighter down onto Deathsword's prone body.

Deathsword has been killed.

"Then you... you are..."
"That's right.  I am Leafsnail-XVII, the rightful MAFIA KING!  My mindbending powers made faking my death easy."
"But why would you do that?"
"Simple - to call all my enemies to one spot, and have them eliminated.  You did an excellent job of destroying each other, but you all failed to recognize your true enemy!  And that means none of you are fit to be king.  So it's farewell, Hapah.

Hapah II has been killed.

Leafsnail, Combined Poison Doctor Arsonist (mafia2) and TRUE KING MAFIA has won!

Too bad, you all failed.  Looks like the mafia crown isn't going anywhere right now.

I understand this may surprise or upset a lot of you, but please at least read the detailed description of the game mechanics before complaining.

Spoiler: The setup (click to show/hide)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 3 - Round 4 Day 5 (game over!)
« Reply #392 on: April 01, 2013, 05:57:16 am »

I think we have a new role for the nerf list...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 01, 2013, 06:24:05 am »

And I was thinking arsonist XD

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 01, 2013, 10:29:23 am »

Blaugh. You got me.

I totally didn't see that coming.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 01, 2013, 11:15:43 am »

Blaugh. You got me.

I totally didn't see that coming.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 01, 2013, 11:47:59 am »

PFP

Hahaha

KotM4 totally needs a TRUE MAFIA KING.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 01, 2013, 12:10:27 pm »

Well played.

Deathsword:  How long do you plan to lurk, again?

Hapah:  You've also done essentially nothing.  Who is scum and why?

The Soldier:  Hmm.  I see.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 01, 2013, 01:05:49 pm »

ToonyMan
But you asked how I feel, and sometimes that isn't rational. When the round started at night, I felt vulnerable because I had no reads and there was nothing I could do to defend myself. That's why I chose to fire off my block -- in the hopes of hitting scum and surviving until day.
That makes sense, if my delay did work then Toaster should be unable to action next night.
How would delaying Toaster one night prevent him from doing an action in another night?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 01, 2013, 01:20:06 pm »

Deathsword:  Consider my pressure vote a real one.  You're not paying a lick of attention to this game.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 01, 2013, 02:33:58 pm »

No kidding.

Deathsword: That question shows a real lack of effort on your part. The answer is pretty obvious: I blocked Toaster, and Toony delayed me, so my block should go off tomorrow night.

All of the clues are even present in that quote. What the heck?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 01, 2013, 04:13:13 pm »

PFP

ToonyMan
How would delaying Toaster one night prevent him from doing an action in another night?
Captain Ford pretty much answered this.

Toaster
Ford:  I'll just have to take your claim at face value, because I took no action last night.  I did not receive any night PM.
This feels like rolefishing, but I'm not really sure.
What does that mean?  Are they role-fishing or not?
I do want an answer!

Hapah:  You've also done essentially nothing.  Who is scum and why?
Also I agree, it's Monday now Hapah, PROD.

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 01, 2013, 04:14:23 pm »

First off, I have to say: that was hilarious, Leafsnail. Wow.

Mod: With 6 players, how many to hammer?

Deathsword: Even with shitty internet, you can still read the thread. This would be a vote, but I don't want to hammer so early in the day, and I'm not sure if it's 3 or 4 to hammer.

Captain Ford: Fair enough. Reasons for choosing Toaster over anyone else?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 01, 2013, 04:15:34 pm »

PFP

Not sure exactly what you lot expect from me. I'll read the day's events and get a post out when I get off (in about an hour or so?)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 01, 2013, 04:16:32 pm »

4 to hammer.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41