Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72177 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

ToonyMan: Who did you delay last night?
Captain Ford.  You probably didn't kill Okami at the very least.

It's also possible Okami accidentally killed himself (Stalker can either inspect or kill at night) like the other King Mafia likely did but then we'd have a missing kill and other headaches.

Hapah, would you play purposely worst to avoid being night-killed (obviously not bad enough to get lynched) in a game like this?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

ToonyMan:
It's also possible Okami accidentally killed himself (Stalker can either inspect or kill at night) like the other King Mafia likely did but then we'd have a missing kill and other headaches.

What does the inspect/role have anything to do with that?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

ToonyMan:
What does the inspect/role have anything to do with that?
Huh?  If you mean my parenthesis I was stating the entire role for the uninformed.

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile

Toaster: I would vigkill N0 if there was someone I found dangerously difficult to read in the game.

Deathsword: If I was a miller, I would claim it. Fakeclaiming miller as the king is interesting, and I may have to try that sometime.

Hapah: Good a reason as any, heheheh.

ToonyMan: Any reason for Ford in particular?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

ToonyMan: Any reason for Ford in particular?
I'd already done Toaster and Okami and I'm pretty sure Deathsword is a Purple Goo Magistrate if Urist Imik didn't lie with his claim.  At the very least the purple goo claim would explain why Deathsword and UI swapped roles in the first place (Deathsword targeted him with his one-shot disable given by Santa Hapah).

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile

Curses!  This is not the last you'll see of the Veiled Wolf syndicate!  Our family will be KING!
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

ToonyMan: How do you feel about Ford denying you the oportunity to ask if I am king this time?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

The Soldier: Unexpected stuff happens all the time. I think I might have been writing up a post last night, but my roommate's computer died and he needed to use mine. And then I kind of fell asleep ...

How does it feel being one of the longest-lived players in the game?
Pretty good, actually. I also feel like a big target.

Toaster: I would vigkill N0 if there was someone I found dangerously difficult to read in the game.
Is there anyone like that in this game?

Toaster:
In this game, probably.  Not 100% certainly, but probably.  Are you looking for a block claim?  You sure sound like you are.
Indeed I am. I blocked you last night using a one-shot I got from Hapah Night 0. (I figured there was no point in dying with it, and rolled to pick between you and Hapah)

So to be clear, you're saying you weren't blocked, then? If that's the case, then it looks like Toony was telling the truth about delaying me. Unless there are anarchists or redirects involved, you not being blocked would mean that both he and I are likely town.

PPE: Oooh ... actually, based on an answer I got from Leafsnail a while ago, it looks like you only get a blocked message if you actually took an action. If you didn't take an action, then I guess I can't verify Toony's claim. (A more recent answer had given me the impression that you'd get a message even if you didn't take an action)

ToonyMan: Your thoughts?

Hapah: Have any questions for us?

Deathsword: Do you think having Purple Goo out in the open is giving you a defensive advantage?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Hapah, would you play purposely worst to avoid being night-killed (obviously not bad enough to get lynched) in a game like this?
Nope. Seems like a lot of extra work.

Quote from: Captain Ford
Hapah: Have any questions for us?
Not right now. I don't normally play much on weekends.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

ToonyMan: How do you feel about Ford denying you the oportunity to ask if I am king this time?
I'm just happy somebody asked it.  I probably would have if I got on sooner.  :P

You were town last round so my accusation of you was incorrect.  I would still prefer you make content-ful posts though.

Toaster:
In this game, probably.  Not 100% certainly, but probably.  Are you looking for a block claim?  You sure sound like you are.
Indeed I am. I blocked you last night using a one-shot I got from Hapah Night 0. (I figured there was no point in dying with it, and rolled to pick between you and Hapah)
So to be clear, you're saying you weren't blocked, then? If that's the case, then it looks like Toony was telling the truth about delaying me. Unless there are anarchists or redirects involved, you not being blocked would mean that both he and I are likely town.
PPE: Oooh ... actually, based on an answer I got from Leafsnail a while ago, it looks like you only get a blocked message if you actually took an action. If you didn't take an action, then I guess I can't verify Toony's claim. (A more recent answer had given me the impression that you'd get a message even if you didn't take an action)
ToonyMan: Your thoughts?
I wouldn't put these claims too highly.  I do feel more confident you're town based on my night-action, but I can't make the same mistake I made with UI two rounds ago.  It does help at least in confirming actions (I think with anarchists nerfed now they don't actually work anymore?), but I won't put you off my radar just because I got a town-type of result.

I have some school work to do this weekend (Spring Break is over!!) and since weekends don't count as hours I likely won't have more than an afternoon and evening post at best.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Ford:  I'll just have to take your claim at face value, because I took no action last night.  I did not receive any night PM.

This feels like rolefishing, but I'm not really sure.

The Soldier:

So you feel the 1/6 chance to hit scum is a benefit to the town?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PFP

I'm going to be busy tomorrow afternoon and evening, too. But for now I've got some time.

Hapah: I was more referring to the fact that you hadn't posted any questions since the start of the day. Were I in your shoes, I'd want to put something out there for people to answer over the weekend.

Toony: Point taken. If Toaster can't confirm that he wasn't blocked, then I can't confirm you delayed me.

Toaster: When I originally asked you about claiming, I thought you'd have gotten a message regardless of whether or not you'd taken an action. I actually expected you to simply not specify what you did last night (if anything). It wasn't my intention to ask you to claim anything other than whether you got a PM related to my action.

Had I known then what I know now, I would have simply claimed the action and let it play out. It would have ended the same way, though.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile

PFP
Captain Ford: Toaster's hard to read. How does surviving longer make you more of a target?

Toaster: My logic is this. Hard to read players have scum games that are nearly identical to their town games. It's often possible to seem like town's greatest asset up until they win. N0, all I know is that I have a kill, who knows if anyone else does. Ideally, killing the hard to read player would mean that candidates for King would be easier to read. I feel that tbis is worth the high chance of hitting town.

Ford should be red up there, but mt phone doesn't like going back.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Late Edit:
Had I known then what I know now, I would have simply claimed the action and let it play out. It would probably have ended the same way, though.

Soldier, The: I guess it doesn't. The fact that Okami died last night rather than me or Toony is proof enough of that.

But you asked how I feel, and sometimes that isn't rational. When the round started at night, I felt vulnerable because I had no reads and there was nothing I could do to defend myself. That's why I chose to fire off my block -- in the hopes of hitting scum and surviving until day.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

A role being on the nerf list doesn't mean it's disabled, but it does mean anyone picking that role will have a crippling penalty.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 41