Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72164 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Okami:
I'd keep an eye on Ford and NQT, but I have no problem putting Deathsword at L-1.  If his only content is complaining about votes on him, this is not town behavior.
Perhaps not Town behavior, but it does seem like Deathsword behavior.

Is that it, Toaster?  You want to lynch an active-lurker tonight since no one else is popping on your scumdar?

(OOC) OkamiHere's the big thread.  Thirteen, eighteen, it was a while ago.
Many thanks.  I thought the round in which Leaf won was both first and last.  Didn't realize there was a prequel.

I'm not super familiar with Deathsword behavior. 

In any case, did you read my post?  Ford and NQT were both pinging mine.  Ford cleared up my issues with him.  Not only did Notquitethere try to deflect on to me, but he also backed off a "pressure" vote without the person in question even responding.  Such action tied the vote, so I'll be happy to break it in his favor.

Deathsword may be passive to the point of inactive, but NQT is being actively scummy now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

NQT:  What is the most suspicious thing you have seen someone do this round?  This separate from your case on Deathsword, where you vote him for something he's not doing (IE hunt scum.)
Good question. I'd say my eyebrow was raised by Toonyman's assurances in his first substantive post that he definitely wasn't scum for the third time around. But I can see why that could just be a note of exasperation, so maybe I should take that as a null tell.
What do you reckon, Toony, would you be suspicious if, say, Ford went out of his way to assure everyone that he was town again this round as well?
I'm not sure.  Ford was correct in reading you as town in Revolution even though I couldn't see it.  Voicing annoyance against the game itself is hard to call especially when you can manipulate that.  I will be mad if Toaster got King Mafia again though.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Time is up.  Final votecount:
ToonyMan: Deathsword (1)
Deathsword: ToonyMan (1)
notquitethere: Captain Ford, Okami No Rei, Toaster (3)
Not voting: The Soldier, notquitethere (2)

Day ending flavour will follow shortly.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

notquitethere II snarled.  On hearing of his father's death he had rushed down to the warehouse as quickly as possible, to avenge him and take the crown that should rightfully be his.  And everything was going so well.  So why... why did it have to happen?  A roar of despair escaped his lips.

He tried to push himself past his limits, to find some way, any way out of that building.  But it was no use - as he continued phasing in and out of reality he realized his mistake.  But he couldn't stop.  The implants and augments he had attached to himself were stuck, and kept working harder and harder.

He continued blinking in and out of existence, faster and faster.   Then, finally, NQT II was erased entirely.  The third provisional mafia king had simply vanished altogether.

notquitethere II has been lynched.

He was a Cyborg (mafia) and KING MAFIA.

Round 3 is now over.

New nerf list addition: Cyborg.

One new man approached to replace the fallen king.

He was Hapah II, a man even more renown for his charm and good grace than his unfortunate uncle.  That a mafia don could be found within the pages of any popular gossip magazine struck most of the assembly as ridiculous.

The contest went on.

Hapah II has joined the game.

A new KING MAFIA has been randomly selected.

It is now Round 4, Night 4.  Please submit your night actions within the next 24 hours.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okami No Rei's death seemed permanent that time.  His divine radiance and aura of power were gone.

Going through his belongings was certainly revealing.  You find all kinds of weird photos and information regarding everyone he associated with.  Birthdays, favourite foods, measurements... it seems that he was able to have such an impact by relentlessly finding out about everybody he knew.

Creepy.

Okami No Rei has been killed.

He was a Stalker (town).

There are no activity checks for weekends.  Day will end 48 hours after the weekend finishes.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

I'm playing the long game. The very long game.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

Toaster: If you were roleblocked, would you claim it?

ToonyMan: Who did you delay last night?

Deathsword: Are you king now?

The Soldier: How blindsided were you by NQT's flip, and what lessons will you take from it?

I think there's like, one other guy, but I forget who ...

Oh, right!

Hapah: Welcome back! I'm curious to know why you chose Arsonist before, and whether or not you knew that it's prime ability didn't work when you chose it.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile

If anyone's wondering, I didn't post before day end because I got dragged out the door for dinner with my family, so I had no time to post anything.

Captain Ford: I wasn't too surprised after reading through the thread. Hindsight is 20/20, but he'd been acting very strange. The lesson I'll take from it? Pay attention and post more often; if NQT had been town, I suspect I'd have been seen as highly suspicious in the morning. How does it feel being one of the longest-lived players in the game?

Hapah: Welcome back. Was Arsonist your primary role, or was Santa? Why did you choose them?

ToonyMan: Who did you delay last night, if anyone? Well never mind, Ford asked the same thing.
Out of time for now, be back before too long.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

I chose Santa. I requested Arsonist be tacked on because I thought the image was funny and I wanted to use that picture, lol (and I was informed that the Arsonist bit wouldn't work but requested it anyway)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Ford:
Toaster: If you were roleblocked, would you claim it?

In this game, probably.  Not 100% certainly, but probably.  Are you looking for a block claim?  You sure sound like you are.

Hapah: Is that because you're a ho (ho ho)?

Deathsword:  Are you still busy?  What do you think will be the consequences of doing nothing last round?

Soldier:  Under what circumstances would you fire a vigilante kill the first night of a round that started at night?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Hapah: Is that because you're a ho (ho ho)?
Cute. I'ma Strike The Earth the next time you're in my Lib for that!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

That's my trick.

Spoiler: OOC: PS2 (click to show/hide)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: OOC:PS2 (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Still OOC (click to show/hide)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Deathsword: Are you king now?
No.

Deathsword:  Are you still busy?  What do you think will be the consequences of doing nothing last round?
I wasn't busy, my internet was complete shit. As for you question, I have no idea.

The Soldier: If you were a miller, would you claim? Also, if you were king, would you fakeclaim miller?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41