Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72184 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

I'm thinking, let's imagine last round Imiknorris placed a kill on Ford. Now let's imagine that kill was delayed until tonight when it hits. That's going to be bad news if Ford is still town. It could work in our favour if Ford (or whomever) is the King, but that's not as likely as it killing a town or harmless hitting someone who's out of game. See what I'm saying about dangerous repurcussions? If the NK is cancelled on the King's death then there obviously isn't this issue.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Mod: If an action is delayed, and the user is killed before the action goes off, will the action still occur during the next night?
No.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

I asked Leafsnail a little while ago when Toony first claimed Delayer. When a new round starts, any delayed actions are wiped out.

I think it's been said in-thread, too, but I don't remember when or where. I think Toony said it a little while ago after you mentioned targeting Hapah.

PPE: Ninjaed

Toaster: Did you know that you are the first person this round to ask me a question?

Why didn't you follow up when I forgot to answer this question?
Didn't notice/wasn't important. You would've claimed it first post if you were.

Ford:  Why are you scumhunting Okami for what he did last round?
Even though he was town then, it seemed like the kind of subject that could make a person nervous. It certainly didn't seem worse than a throwaway RVS question.

Deathsword is currently at L-1. I'm going to take a look into why.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, so it was actually Toaster who put him at L-1. The other votes are RVS and for lurking.

I had trouble accessing the site yesterday around the same time, so I don't doubt his story about 504s. He probably doesn't have as much freedom as I do to post at work. Nothing really strikes me as unusual about DS's posts except that there are even less of them than usual.

If I had to pick out the laziest bandwagoner, though, it would have to be NQT.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

How does being the first person to put a legitimate vote on someone bandwagoning, Ford? Toony RVS'd DS, I later put my second vote on DS for not participating/hunting. If anyone is the bandwagoner, it's Toaster, openly putting DS in L-1.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Ford:
Toaster: Did you know that you are the first person this round to ask me a question?

How does that make you feel?

I see.  Then why ask?

Ford:  Why are you scumhunting Okami for what he did last round?
Even though he was town then, it seemed like the kind of subject that could make a person nervous. It certainly didn't seem worse than a throwaway RVS question.

I half agree with you.  Let's review:

Okami: Why did you hammer Tiruin?

This is a great way to try to provoke a scummy reaction.  No problem here.

Okami: Why did you hammer Tiruin?
Because he looked like scum, and I was working late that day.  That was my last chance to post before the day ended.  I bagged me an Anarchist, so I don't regret it.
A town anarchist.

Albeit a lying town anarchist.

...*sigh*. I guess I can't find you scummy for it. Considering you were objectively town. There were only a few hours left in the day, after all. And it being your last chance to vote is a perfectly fair justification. Unvote.

This is... what?  Regret that you can't scumhunt him for it?  I take issue with this response.

How did you know he was L-1 without even reading my blatant comment that I was doing it?

NQT:
How does being the first person to put a legitimate vote on someone bandwagoning, Ford? Toony RVS'd DS, I later put my second vote on DS for not participating/hunting. If anyone is the bandwagoner, it's Toaster, openly putting DS in L-1.

This is awfully defensive of a weak vote.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NQT: I don't see how having connection problems makes someone scummy enough to lynch. Do you have any other reasons for suspecting him?

Toaster:
...*sigh*. I guess I can't find you scummy for it. Considering you were objectively town. There were only a few hours left in the day, after all. And it being your last chance to vote is a perfectly fair justification. Unvote.
This is... what?  Regret that you can't scumhunt him for it?  I take issue with this response.
I was pretty ticked when he did that. I called him dumb, among other things. The *sigh* was me letting go of all the things I wanted to say, but that weren't going to lead anywhere.

How did you know he was L-1 without even reading my blatant comment that I was doing it?
LurkerTracker. And I missed that part of your post the first time through. I'm usually more observant, but I got my meds late today and I'm not all there right now.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Toaster: And I ... completely forgot to respond to these two parts.

How does that make you feel?
Ignored. And maybe a little lonely.

I see.  Then why ask?
To see how you answered. To clarify: I forgot about it.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Soldier: You're kind of sitting on the sidelines. I'd like to see you weigh in.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Ford: (With regards to all of the above)  Fair enough.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Leafsnail, does a Delayer delayed action still happen in between rounds? What about if the original actor is dead?
Yes, no.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile

ToonyMan
I figured you might do that.
Why?
Because you said you were going to Delay Captain Ford.  My read of your meta resolved that bit of WIFOM as a Delay on myself.

Toaster
Okami has RVSed, and is currently voting Toony for unclear reasons.  Pressure, maybe?
Got it in one.

I'd keep an eye on Ford and NQT, but I have no problem putting Deathsword at L-1.  If his only content is complaining about votes on him, this is not town behavior.
Perhaps not Town behavior, but it does seem like Deathsword behavior.

Is that it, Toaster?  You want to lynch an active-lurker tonight since no one else is popping on your scumdar?

(OOC) OkamiHere's the big thread.  Thirteen, eighteen, it was a while ago.
Many thanks.  I thought the round in which Leaf won was both first and last.  Didn't realize there was a prequel.

notquitethere II
You missed a question:
Do you think the wisdom or folly of massclaiming has changed in any way when you take into account the fact that survivors quite possibly will have picked up additional powers?
What do you mean by this?

This is awfully defensive of a weak vote.
I agree.

In addition, not only did you vote Deathsword for not posting, but you didn't remove your vote, or ask him any further questions after he posted, so the pressure from your vote is currently going to waste.  In addition, you've posted several times since Toaster put him at L-1, without moving your vote, so you're clearly OK with Deathsword dying tonight.  For that reason, I believe the charge of bandwagoning stands.

notquitethere - Why is your presently useless vote still on Deathsword?
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EBWOP
In addition, Not only did you vote Deathsword for not posting, but you didn't remove your vote, or ask him any further questions after he posted, so the pressure from your vote is currently going to waste.  In addition, you've posted several times since Toaster put him at L-1, without moving your vote, so you're clearly OK with Deathsword dying tonight.  For that reason, I believe the charge of bandwagoning stands.
Proofread that one too few times.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Pfp- also its late where I am so I'mma keep this brief.

Unvote

Toast, Okami, Ford, my vote was a pressure but I don't want someone to die just because they have a crappy connection. I wanted to wait until DS had posted something more substantial before digging in with some more questions.

Okami- I was referring to the Santa flip and the possibility of similar ability giving or changing roles out there. Not rocket science. You going to answer my question then?

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What question would that be?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41