Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72151 times)

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile

The Soldier:
-Quote Pyramid removed-

Very solid answer.  Would you suspect someone who claimed to accidentally hammer a townie?
It would depend on the circumstances. Nobody's perfect after all. I would overall lean towards giving them the benefit of the doubt, but repeat offenses would be taken seriously. I would think that once someone had accidentally hammered once, that they'd keep better track of the votes from then on.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

The Soldier:
-Quote Pyramid removed-

Very solid answer.  Would you suspect someone who claimed to accidentally hammer a townie?
It would depend on the circumstances. Nobody's perfect after all. I would overall lean towards giving them the benefit of the doubt, but repeat offenses would be taken seriously. I would think that once someone had accidentally hammered once, that they'd keep better track of the votes from then on.

Given these are seven player rounds and you're unlikely to see more than two days before MYLO/LYLO, what kind of repeat offense do you need?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile

Toaster:
I meant accidentally hammering twice, and was thinking more about mistakes carrying over between rounds, but it now occurs to me that someone's alignment in one round means nothing for their alignment in another. So, bad logic on my end. With this in mind, my answer of overall being willing to believe it was a mistake remains unchanged.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile

PWI (Posting While Intoxicated)

Toaster II
Probably a few times.  I had a high death rate in the last one.
Probably because you're hard to read.  I've got my eye on you.  Unvote

Does this statement take into account the high rate of massclaims in the last game, that contributed to it lasting over 18 rounds?
Negative.  I'll add that one to my "To Read" list of games.

notquitethere II
Okami
notquitethere II - Who'd the Random Number God pick to be our adversary this time?
Only Leaf and the King know that (unless someone has an infallible day inspect that they're not telling us about). Looking back at the last two King flips, were there signs in those player's posts that they were the King?
Other than Toaster's Miller claim, I didn't see a thing.

Do you think the wisdom or folly of massclaiming has changed in any way when you take into account the fact that survivors quite possibly will have picked up additional powers?
What do you mean by this?

Captain Ford
Okami: Why did you hammer Tiruin?
Because he looked like scum, and I was working late that day.  That was my last chance to post before the day ended.  I bagged me an Anarchist, so I don't regret it.

ToonyMan
Not much.
So, on a scale of One (Town) to Ten (KING MAFIA), how much is not much?

I said I would delay Captain Ford last night, but I actually delayed you Okami just to at least cover the possibility it was you and not Ford (Ford wouldn't mafiakill if he knew I was going to delay him, probably).
I figured you might do that.

Deathsword
Frankly, I have no idea what my meta is. Some people think I am rather cranky.
Rather?  It's clear to all that you've been taking lessons from Dariush.

Who are you going to quick-hammer this round?

The Soldier
Town Perspective:
Kill-immune means that you can checkmate the KING MAFIA if it gets down to 2 players, and gives town more time to find him should he try to kill me before then. Ascetic is nice to not get screwed with by anarchists, but Kill-Immune is the winner here.

Mafia Perspective:
In a normal game, I'd lean towards Ascetic to stop pesky inspects and roleblocks. Here in KotM, though, there are bound to be more kills flying around. So, Kill-Immune wins here too.
Must be why it's on the nerf list now.

Interesting response. I noticed that in the previous KotM, early massclaims were fairly common. Do you feel that it was a mistake for those players to massclaim?
Hold that thought.  Apparently I have to read the previous KotM now.  I'll answer in my next post.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

PWI (Posting While Intoxicated)
Ahh...interesting.

Okami: Why did you hammer Tiruin?
Because he looked like scum, and I was working late that day.  That was my last chance to post before the day ended.  I bagged me an Anarchist, so I don't regret it.
A town anarchist.

Albeit a lying town anarchist.

...*sigh*. I guess I can't find you scummy for it. Considering you were objectively town. There were only a few hours left in the day, after all. And it being your last chance to vote is a perfectly fair justification. Unvote.

A general heads up: I went in to get my prescription filled today, and it turns out there's a shortage in my area. I might be a bit flaky or more "off-kilter" than usual for a few days as a result of the shenanigans I'm going to have to engage in tomorrow.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Votecount (4 votes to lynch):
ToonyMan: Toaster, Okami No Rei (2)
Deathsword: ToonyMan (1)
Toaster: notquitethere (1)
Okami No Rei: The Soldier (1)
Not voting: Captain Ford, Deathsword (2)

Deathsword has been prodded.

Day ends in 24 hours time.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SPWI (Still Posting While Intoxicated)

Does this statement take into account the high rate of massclaims in the last game, that contributed to it lasting over 18 rounds?
Are you talking about the first KotM here?  I'm pretty sure the game I just read was only one round.  Or is there some other, non-KotM game that consists of multiple rounds?

Interesting response. I noticed that in the previous KotM, early massclaims were fairly common. Do you feel that it was a mistake for those players to massclaim?
The massclaims were a mistake, in my opinion.  The only one justified in claiming during the first day was Native Foreigner, as he needed to explain the lack of a vote.  Everybody was so busy looking at the role logic, and Leaf just waltzed on through with some excellent Town play.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll be travelling today.  I think I'll get home before the day ends, and if I do, I'll catch up and post ASAP.

Refresh Vote: ToonyMan

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

The Soldier
What's a more sure way of rooting out the king: using a power-role or traditional scum hunting?
Traditional scumhunting. Unless one of the players is Heath Ledger's Joker, everyone does something for a reason, and that reason can be determined. Power roles certainly can help, but they can go wrong easily. And it doesn't matter that you got a guilty inspect if you have such a shitty day game that no one believes you. What do you think?
I agree with your point about the unreliability of powers, it's very easy to get blocked or re-directed. What happens at night is always going to be somewhat unclear whereas who people vote for and pressure during the day cannot be hidden.

Deathsword, you going to post, your majesty?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

ToonyMan:
Deathsword.  You're King Mafia now right?  I'm so jealous.
Not yet. Maybe in the next round.
Same question, same answer.
ToonyMan, are you just going to let that vote sit on me while doing nothing or are you going to do something with it?

Deathsword, you going to post, your majesty?
Your imperial highness should go hunt instead of prodding a guy with bad internet
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Toony:
It should also be said that Deathsword and Okami were town last round, the hammerers.  I was also the L-1 voter in both cases.
I think this falls under one of Web's town tells- that of scum playing textbook to avoid doing things considered scummy.  Do you think that is applicable in this game?
Yes.  The King Mafia so far have been acting anxious.  Toaster wanted to extend the game to avoid dying, UI hardly posted at all.

Toaster:
I meant accidentally hammering twice, and was thinking more about mistakes carrying over between rounds, but it now occurs to me that someone's alignment in one round means nothing for their alignment in another. So, bad logic on my end. With this in mind, my answer of overall being willing to believe it was a mistake remains unchanged.
I agree, accidental hammers are totally possible.

If anything anybody who tries lynching someone for hammering solely because of that (UI on Deathsword and sort of me, Ottofar in one of the older KotM rounds) is being a scumass.

ToonyMan
Not much.
So, on a scale of One (Town) to Ten (KING MAFIA), how much is not much?
I'm still a town Delayer.  I didn't even get a PM last night.

I said I would delay Captain Ford last night, but I actually delayed you Okami just to at least cover the possibility it was you and not Ford (Ford wouldn't mafiakill if he knew I was going to delay him, probably).
I figured you might do that.
Why?

ToonyMan:
Deathsword.  You're King Mafia now right?  I'm so jealous.
Not yet. Maybe in the next round.
Same question, same answer.
ToonyMan, are you just going to let that vote sit on me while doing nothing or are you going to do something with it?
Let me get this straight.  Your second post of the round doesn't do anything but complain about the guy voting you and that you have bad internet?  Deathsword.  I think you are the one that needs to stop sitting around doing nothing.

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile

Okami, Unvote. I'll have a real post in about 5 or 6 hours. PFP

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Missed this one:

Ford:
Toaster: I presume you're not a miller this time?

Nope.  I would have claimed it first post if I was.

Why didn't you follow up when I forgot to answer this question?

In any case, I just read over everyone.  There wasn't much.

Deathsword has done nothing but respond to RVS questions, yell at NQT for voting him for doing nothing, and vote Toony for his vote hanging on him.
ToonyMan has asked and answered questions, and kept his vote on Deathsword for doing what I said above.
Ford has RVSed.  I found it odd that he attempted to scumhunt Okami based on actions in the previous round.  Curious.
Okami has RVSed, and is currently voting Toony for unclear reasons.  Pressure, maybe?
NQT has RVSed and had an exchange with me, and voted DS for doing nothing.  Can't say he's done a lot more, but then again content has been very light today.
The Solider has RVSed and is now pressuring Okami saying he'll have content soon.

Results?  I'd keep an eye on Ford and NQT, but I have no problem putting Deathsword at L-1.  If his only content is complaining about votes on him, this is not town behavior.

Ford:  Why are you scumhunting Okami for what he did last round?

NQT:  What is the most suspicious thing you have seen someone do this round?  This separate from your case on Deathsword, where you vote him for something he's not doing (IE hunt scum.)

(OOC) OkamiHere's the big thread.  Thirteen, eighteen, it was a while ago.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

NQT:  What is the most suspicious thing you have seen someone do this round?  This separate from your case on Deathsword, where you vote him for something he's not doing (IE hunt scum.)
Good question. I'd say my eyebrow was raised by Toonyman's assurances in his first substantive post that he definitely wasn't scum for the third time around. But I can see why that could just be a note of exasperation, so maybe I should take that as a null tell.

What do you reckon, Toony, would you be suspicious if, say, Ford went out of his way to assure everyone that he was town again this round as well?

Leafsnail, does a Delayer delayed action still happen in between rounds? What about if the original actor is dead?

Giving Toony the benefit of the doubt regarding his role claim for just a moment, I'm just wondering if we should see dangerous repurcussions in later rounds from delayed early rounds.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

NQT:  As far as I know, round change doesn't stop things like that.

What repercussion would be dangerous?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41