Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72170 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Other than Mirror none of those seem particularly overpowered or annoying.  I think I'm prepared to give them a second chance (which will be revoked if too many people submit them).

Nerf list addition: Mirror (because it's a stealth PGO)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

How does [asking about anarchists] help you find scum?
If you were to have given me a compelling argument as to why there couldn't be any more anarchists, then we might have got a clearer idea about the night results if we don't manage to get the King today.

Do you think the wisdom or folly of massclaiming has changed in any way when you take into account the fact that survivors quite possibly will have picked up additional powers?

Toonyman, what think you of this?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

NQT:
Do you think the wisdom or folly of massclaiming has changed in any way when you take into account the fact that survivors quite possibly will have picked up additional powers?

Any massclaim would need to be redone when a new round started.  Even during a round, if your role changes in any way after a massclaim, you are obliged to report it- just like you'd report night results on a new day after a massclaim.

As such, the answer to your question is no.

What's your opinion on massclaims?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

That seems reasonable. I'm not sure about mass-claims: in general I'm against though. It takes away the element of surprise from town, and gives a scum a neat guide as to who would be most likely to be successfully killed. They're probably not going to try to lynch someone who claims a backfire, block or redirect ability. Essentially, an honest massclaim makes it easier for scum to make an intelligent night-kill. Of course, a dishonest or partially honest massclaim is a risky gambit as it can make town look scummy if they're fakeclaim is discovered.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

What roles do you see a benefit from fakeclaiming as town?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

I can imagine that if one had an role that did something bad to scum when the player is targetted, they might want to fakeclaim something threatening to scum (like a role with a kill or inspect ability), that had no defensive power. This might entice scum to target that player and suffer the consequences. This said, fakeclaiming might not be terribly helpful even here as there is no guarantee that scum will take the claim on face value.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

Toaster: I presume you're not a miller this time?

For the record, I shot Hapah N1 R1.  If Toony delayed me, no idea where the bullet came from.
Only Leafsnail knows what happened N1. I asked him about multiple anarchists, and it turns out their effects stack. Everyone had a 75% chance to be randomized that night.

Actually, the flavor kind of suggests you killed yourself. It clearly described a suicide pack.

ToonyMan:
If the wife is murdered chances are the husband did it.  At least, in fiction.  :P

But this is a fictional game!
...Hapah isn't my wife.

I'd still like to understand what your logic was, exactly, even though it's irrelevant now.

Deathsword: Why hospital director?

Okami: Why did you hammer Tiruin?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Other than Mirror none of those seem particularly overpowered or annoying.  I think I'm prepared to give them a second chance (which will be revoked if too many people submit them).

Nerf list addition: Mirror (because it's a stealth PGO)
I'd suggest Toxic Goo for the same reason (delayed PGO)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Toxic Goo wasn't picked ridiculously often in webadict's game so I'm prepared to give that one a chance too.

Actually, the flavor kind of suggests you killed yourself. It clearly described a suicide pack.
Flavour will never reveal or hint at anything that isn't also said in the summary text.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Urist Imiknorris has been killed.
He was an Anarchist Hospital director (mafia) and KING MAFIA.
Round 2 is now over.
I love whoever is killing the King Mafia.  It's hilarious, hahahaa.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA it doesn't matter how wrong I am they always die.  Although that means our vig is still out there.

Let me reiterate that anyone who sent Anarchist is an asshole.
You should have seen how pissed I was when Tiruin flipped, and THEN Urist Imik flips as an Anarchist too (although I believe that means Deathsword was the one who picked that originally).

So yeah screw you Tiruin and Deathsword.  If there's anymore Anarchists I'm going to kill myself.

Captain Ford must have figured out there was at least one anarchist because he mentions it quite a lot Round 2.

ToonyMan:  What all happened in Round Two that will help you find scum in Round Three?
Fucking Anarchists.  Do they stack?  I'm curious whether my delay of UI even had a 25% chance of working.  Either way, I'll need to be less demanding with my power role.  It's still possible that my delay DID work on UI and the Hapah death was from our wonderful vig, but the vig didn't claim (I guess I can't blame them) which made me really confused!

So yeah, I should have saw how fucking lazy UI was being even if it conflicted with my results.  Then again, with Anarchist nerfed now I can at least trust them a little more.

Although it sucks that everybody knows my role now, I'm not King Mafia this round either so it's like...Captain Ford, Deathsword, and I are the only original players left and I still haven't had a chance which I guess is still really likely.

(PPE:
Also when I say "vig" it doesn't have to be like, going out and shooting the mafia dead, it's also possibly a reflect or whatever as well.)

ToonyMan - I was wrong about you last round.  Has that changed?
Not much.

Since I full-claimed last round there's no reason to hide what my actions are I guess.  I said I would delay Captain Ford last night, but I actually delayed you Okami just to at least cover the possibility it was you and not Ford (Ford wouldn't mafiakill if he knew I was going to delay him, probably).  This doesn't matter too largely because of the shitton of anarchists we have but it's worth admitting.

That also means you likely didn't kill Urist Imik.

For the record, I shot Hapah N1 R1.  If Toony delayed me, no idea where the bullet came from.
Huh, Leafsnail confirmed that your kill wouldn't work then.  So somebody else shot Hapah and it lined up perfectly.

How does [asking about anarchists] help you find scum?
If you were to have given me a compelling argument as to why there couldn't be any more anarchists, then we might have got a clearer idea about the night results if we don't manage to get the King today.
Toonyman, what think you of this?
On mass-claiming?  If there's any more anarchists they'll probably keep their mouth shut in shame.  And I don't think a mass-claim is a good idea either.

Only Leafsnail knows what happened N1. I asked him about multiple anarchists, and it turns out their effects stack. Everyone had a 75% chance to be randomized that night.
They stack??  Hahahaha how am I still alive in this game...so many random chances of dying...

Wait maybe there isn't a vig at all.  Maybe Toaster and Urist Imik BOTH killed themselves.  Oh god I'm dying

Fuck anarchists but they are hilarious

ToonyMan:
If the wife is murdered chances are the husband did it.  At least, in fiction.  :P
But this is a fictional game!
...Hapah isn't my wife.
I'd still like to understand what your logic was, exactly, even though it's irrelevant now.
I was being an idiot really.  I don't like how you specifically dissected one thing of my list on suspicions on you (it's like saying 10% of my case is wrong so my whole case is wrong).  And while it was wrong I thought you were being anal.  I should have just wrote it off the list instead of trying desperately to literate a meaning from it.  It sort of works, right??

Deathsword.  You're King Mafia now right?  I'm so jealous.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

LS added Anarchist to the nerf list at the same time the second one died. I think we're going to see a lot fewer of them from this point onward, but if Leafsnail felt that he needed to discourage people from picking them, there might be one among the players who just (re)joined us.

Reading the mod is fun.

Toony:
Captain Ford must have figured out there was at least one anarchist because he mentions it quite a lot Round 2.
In all fairness, I said it once, and most of the rest was answering questions about it.

I was being an idiot really.  I don't like how you specifically dissected one thing of my list on suspicions on you (it's like saying 10% of my case is wrong so my whole case is wrong).  And while it was wrong I thought you were being anal.  I should have just wrote it off the list instead of trying desperately to literate a meaning from it. 
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I addressed both of your points against me. The only other reasons you listed for suspecting me was process of elimination.

You already had plenty of good reasons for not discarding UI as a suspect. You just chose to ignore them and there was nothing I could do about that.

It sort of works, right??
Sort of, I guess. If I was worried about it looking like I was buddying with Hapah, killing him off would be the easiest way to get rid of the problem. Except not, because it doesn't actually make the accusations go away.

In any case, I wasn't worried about it. As I've made quite clear, I'm not afraid to be nice to the nice guy. (Or anybody else, if I'm in the mood)
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Bad internet and 504s. How I hate thee.

The Soldier:
Deathsword: How would you characterize your meta?
Frankly, I have no idea what my meta is. Some people think I am rather cranky.

Toaster
Deathsword:  Does surviving several rounds give you an advantage here?
I think not, since people know my role (UI's original role)

Ford:
Deathsword: Why hospital director?
That was added to my role, I picked just Anarchist.

ToonyMan:
Not yet. Maybe in the next round.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile

Okami no Rei:

The Soldier - Would you rather be Ascetic or a Kill-Immune Townie, and why?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Okami no Rei: In this gametype, when do you think a massclaim is a good idea, if ever?
Massclaims are not a good idea, unless we're certain they're all that's between us and a successful scum lynch the same day.  There's otherwise no reason to give the KING a chance to make one or more informed mafia-kills.

Interesting response. I noticed that in the previous KotM, early massclaims were fairly common. Do you feel that it was a mistake for those players to massclaim?

NQT:
The Soldier
What's a more sure way of rooting out the king: using a power-role or traditional scum hunting?
Traditional scumhunting. Unless one of the players is Heath Ledger's Joker, everyone does something for a reason, and that reason can be determined. Power roles certainly can help, but they can go wrong easily. And it doesn't matter that you got a guilty inspect if you have such a shitty day game that no one believes you. What do you think?

Toaster:
The Soldier:
Toaster: The most important thing I realized is that I'll have to be at the top of my game. I was totally surprised by your and UI's flip. Also, that hammers mean keeping track of votes is vital.

What would be the worst part of accidentally hammering someone?
Ending the day before any good discussion could happen. Town's gotta make the most of every day and find the KING before he plants a knife in everyone's back.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

PFP (I'll be using this whenever I'm on campus, hopefully)

In any case, I wasn't worried about it. As I've made quite clear, I'm not afraid to be nice to the nice guy. (Or anybody else, if I'm in the mood)
Nice guy is fine as long as you're productive and really you've been playing better than me probably.  My night-action targets have been good (Toaster and UI), but it never works in my favor come day-time.

ToonyMan:
Not yet. Maybe in the next round.
Same question, same answer.

It should also be said that Deathsword and Okami were town last round, the hammerers.  I was also the L-1 voter in both cases.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

The Soldier:
Toaster:
The Soldier:
Toaster: The most important thing I realized is that I'll have to be at the top of my game. I was totally surprised by your and UI's flip. Also, that hammers mean keeping track of votes is vital.

What would be the worst part of accidentally hammering someone?
Ending the day before any good discussion could happen. Town's gotta make the most of every day and find the KING before he plants a knife in everyone's back.

Very solid answer.  Would you suspect someone who claimed to accidentally hammer a townie?

Toony:
It should also be said that Deathsword and Okami were town last round, the hammerers.  I was also the L-1 voter in both cases.

I think this falls under one of Web's town tells- that of scum playing textbook to avoid doing things considered scummy.  Do you think that is applicable in this game?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41