Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72159 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Mod: If we lynch scum, does the next round start in night?
Yes.

Final votecount (4 to lynch):
ToonyMan: Urist Imiknorris (1)
Okami No Rei: Deathsword (1)
Tiruin: Captain Ford, Tiruin, ToonyMan, Okami No Rei  (4) <---- Hammer

The day is finished.  Day ending flavour will be coming soon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Wait that won't work if the mafia doesn't use their mafiakill.  :P
I was going to say.
Okami, that was just dumb.
The day was going to end in a few hours regardless, and I'm happy as long as it's you or Tiruin.

The mafia being unable to kill is also really really good, wouldn't you say?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

Toony: Explain to me why there's a connection between me being nice to Hapah and him dying.
Distancing.
...huh?

I don't get it.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Once again the decision was rushed through.  Tiruin was surrounded.  No-one advanced, however, as they could see the air begin to distort around her.  Suddenly there was a blinding flash, and everyone fell to the ground, stunned.

When people began to come to it at first seemed that Deathsword had been gunned down after the flash.  However, on closer inspection it seemed that Deathsword was also still alive and well.  Apparently Tiruin had made one last attempt to disguise herself as Deathsword in order to escape the game - it hadn't worked.  Nobody can escape a lynch.

Tiruin has been lynched.

She was an Anarchist Spy (town).

It is now night 3.  Please send me any night actions you want to perform within the next 24 hours.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

If the wife is murdered chances are the husband did it.  At least, in fiction.  :P

But this is a fictional game!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Following the break, Urist Imiknorris was found dead.  His short, stout body looked extremely tough but someone had clearly gone to great lengths to take him out.

Searching his pockets the four survivors found various medical supplies and papers relating to healthcare matters.  However, those papers were strangely disordered, and among them were all kinds of bizarre proposals to restructure hospitals into a completely disordered system.  Everyone felt kindof glad that they would never have to be treated in one of his hospitals, and even gladder when it seemed that a new round would be beginning.  For the third time in a single week, the King was dead.

Urist Imiknorris has been killed.

He was an Anarchist Hospital director (mafia) and KING MAFIA.

Round 2 is now over.

New nerf list addition: Anarchist.

Rules modification: Triggered abilities will now be considered as activating at the same time as the abilities that triggered them.  Previously I had them ativate before the abilities targeting them due to a pedantic reading of the role text, but this seemed somewhat at odds with the Natural Action Resolution I've been using to resolve conflicts otherwise.  This change will have no effect except in a few edge cases.

Three more contestants arrived.

notquitethere II was a direct descendant of the first notquitethere.  It was said that his powers were even stronger than those of his father's, but that he had not yet learnt to control them all that well.  This may have been why he seemed to rapidly flicker in and out of existence.

Toaster II was the latest member of the Toaster clan.  Apparently he had been selected as heir after torching a barn full of animals for fun when he was a child.  Age probably had not improved his outlook.

The Soldier had only recently emerged as a power.  Originally just a minor member of a mafia gang with no real prospects, he had created a union to help protect the interests of low-ranking members, which was now rapidly growing.  That he had managed to do such a thing without being brutally murdered spoke volumes of his skills at negotiation and fighting.

The battle for the mafia crown went on.

notquitethere II has joined the game.

Toaster II has joined the game.

The Soldier has joined the game.

A new KING MAFIA has been randomly selected.

It is now Round 3, Day 4.  With 7 players alive it takes 4 to lynch.  Vote within the next 24 hours, please.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Let me reiterate that anyone who sent Anarchist is an asshole.

ToonyMan:  What all happened in Round Two that will help you find scum in Round Three?

The Soldier:  What's the most important thing you've learned from reading the past two rounds?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Let me reiterate that anyone who sent Anarchist is an asshole.
::) Yeah, sure.

Well, at least stress is over. And nerf.

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile

Toaster: The most important thing I realized is that I'll have to be at the top of my game. I was totally surprised by your and UI's flip. Also, that hammers mean keeping track of votes is vital.

ToonyMan: Is there any situation where you would doubt the accuracy of your night action, and instead believe you were redirected?

Deathsword: How would you characterize your meta?

Okami no Rei: In this gametype, when do you think a massclaim is a good idea, if ever?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Aw.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile

While we are at it, how do you like your new role?
I want a refund.
Good lord, Deathsword.  No wonder UI was unhappy with the swap.  That's gotta be the most useless situationally useful role-flips yet.

ToonyMan - I was wrong about you last round.  Has that changed?

Toaster II - How many times are you going to have to die for being KING MAFIA?

The Soldier - Would you rather be Ascetic or a Kill-Immune Townie, and why?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

notquitethere II - Who'd the Random Number God pick to be our adversary this time?

Okami no Rei: In this gametype, when do you think a massclaim is a good idea, if ever?
Massclaims are not a good idea, unless we're certain they're all that's between us and a successful scum lynch the same day.  There's otherwise no reason to give the KING a chance to make one or more informed mafia-kills.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

"The Notquitetheres were not quite there, but now I, Notquitethere the Second, am here (and there)," says NQT Mark 2, flickering with cosmic uncertainty.

Okami
notquitethere II - Who'd the Random Number God pick to be our adversary this time?
Only Leaf and the King know that (unless someone has an infallible day inspect that they're not telling us about). Looking back at the last two King flips, were there signs in those player's posts that they were the King?

Toaster II
Is it too early to rule out the possibility of even more anarchists in this game?

The Soldier
What's a more sure way of rooting out the king: using a power-role or traditional scum hunting?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

For the record, I shot Hapah N1 R1.  If Toony delayed me, no idea where the bullet came from.

The Soldier:
Toaster: The most important thing I realized is that I'll have to be at the top of my game. I was totally surprised by your and UI's flip. Also, that hammers mean keeping track of votes is vital.

What would be the worst part of accidentally hammering someone?

Lonewolf Okami:
Toaster II - How many times are you going to have to die for being KING MAFIA?

Probably a few times.  I had a high death rate in the last one.

Massclaims are not a good idea, unless we're certain they're all that's between us and a successful scum lynch the same day.  There's otherwise no reason to give the KING a chance to make one or more informed mafia-kills.

Does this statement take into account the high rate of massclaims in the last game, that contributed to it lasting over 18 rounds?

NQT:
Toaster II
Is it too early to rule out the possibility of even more anarchists in this game?

No.  There are always assholes in the world.

How does this question help you find scum?

Deathsword:  Does surviving several rounds give you an advantage here?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Hey Leafsnail, just giving you a few other roles to nerf while you're at it:

Mirror
Kill-Immune Townie
Nexus
Astrologer
Dirty Bomber

These came up far too often when I ran it last time, and I figured they should be added, for sheer unoriginality.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Poor Dirty Bomber.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41