Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72071 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Tiruin, you don't want to question your suspects beyond rolefishing, so you have no case on anyone. Thus you vote yourself.

What the hell?

Also, didn't you read Deathswords claim? The disable was a one-shot from Hapah.

Toony:
My vote on Okami was really bad I know.  I was pointing out in your selective quote that my top two suspects were the other voters so it matches very very well.  It's also very sad to be suspected by the guy who I confirmed first (which I can't prove 100% like DS unfortunately) and Okami who I'm pretty sure is town as well.
And again, they voted because they had cases. You didn't. Stop trying to deflect suspicion. As it turns out, my top two suspects also voted Okami. Mostly because the ones who didn't are either dead, confirmed town, or Okami himself.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile

Several reasons (not lazy nor the KotM; here is a blatant NO.):
> Firstly, day keeps on ending when I'm away - I nearly have no say on the proceeding posts afterwards - see D1/D2.
> Secondly, King shifted Post-N1, here's me trying to find out through questioning...but then seemingly getting lost along the way.
> In the past 1/2 days, RL has cut in along with personal stuff...apologies for that one.
> Its only me and me alone posting, keep my security on any of my accounts at a high level...Its just my emotional/mental state contributing to what gets down.
So, similar excuses to Captain Ford's.

UI/DS are town btw - claiming ahead of time, my inspect landed on DS...revealing him to be town. N1 - my action landed on the most useless (should've been useful but bleh) pick. And I really feel I've been redirected somehow because I didn't pick DS as my target during that time.
Why claim now?  We've already shifted off of DS and UI as scumpicks, so this serves no purpose other than announcing to the world that you have an Inspect.  That' makes you a target for no reason.

Why? You've got a disabling role, and was...ironically disabled by it. While your past role can save others from the hammer of death - the current role can stop a death from occurring.
DS claimed one-shot disable.  With you claiming a town inspect and UI not counter-claiming the one-shot, that's pretty much certain.

Lastly...err, abstain from current vote - is this possible? If not then Tiruin because I'm pretty racked up with decisions here.
Ummm...no?  Last I checked, there's no such thing as conditional votes, meaning the vote on yourself stands as the last one appearing in your post.  Mod, please confirm.

What makes you think you get to just sit out of the scumhunting and let everyone kill each other around you?

> Undergoing the reason by elimination, I'm not having that much of a read on the others though somehow Okami strikes me as the KotM...and I've no conclusive proof atm (I mean, day end already. Wow. No time for questioning other than what I said above.)
No time for questioning?  You could have easily asked me several questions.  I've got plenty of time to answer them before the end of the day.  Even if you do miss day-end, you could analyze and respond to my answers tomorrow if I survived to morning.

> 6 people, 1 scum, and probably 1 vig/one-shot killer due to how Toaster died. I've outed the first two who I'm pretty much confirmed on and myself because the usual "I'm town but nobody can prove it" cliche leaving the three of you down here.
That bit of meta-argument doesn't mean a thing.

Now I'm in the belief that Toony's being town in the way that he's...well, his tendency is usually to go unhinged when scum - he doesn't smell, or is acting, like the scum Toony I know. Also, his latest reasons...I strongly don't believe he'd be acting like that
This post doesn't qualify as unhinged?

PPE - Urist
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

There are no conditional votes.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

Tiruin: (I think you put yourself at L-1 for a moment there. You would have been safer voting DS or UI since they're both confirmed town.)

UI/DS are town btw - claiming ahead of time, my inspect landed on DS...revealing him to be town. N1 - my action landed on the most useless (should've been useful but bleh) pick. And I really feel I've been redirected somehow because I didn't pick DS as my target during that time.
How do you know you landed on DS? Leafsnail specifically said we aren't informed if we're redirected.

Ford: Here, why Anarchist instead of another redirecting role?
I said it here, but I guess I didn't finish the thought. At the time, I didn't see a good reason for someone to redirect me specifically, and since UI seemed scummy to me, it made sense that whatever Toony did to proclaim his innocence may also have been redirected.

If you can explain how you know you were redirected, it seems likely that there's an anarchist among us. I'd suspect Okami since our actions on N0 didn't seem to be affected.

I'm really betting Hapah's helping with personal non-Mafia advice as he helped me before, right? Also, overreaction is noted.
Yeah, that's exactly it. This isn't the first time I've been poked about that one-liner at the start of the day. Okami did it earlier (I think it was Okami). Toony ignoring it until late in the day is really, really low of him, and also him not stating it until I ask him about it is a really jerk move.

Basically, he was being a jerk and an idiot and I wanted to smack him for it.

... and actually ... now that I think about it ...

Toony: Explain to me why there's a connection between me being nice to Hapah and him dying.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Tiruin, you don't want to question your suspects beyond rolefishing, so you have no case on anyone. Thus you vote yourself.

What the hell?

Also, didn't you read Deathswords claim? The disable was a one-shot from Hapah.
I did read it...and the vote was because prod-limit thing...I claimed only part of my role, obviously. You'd expect me to fullclaim? No.

What makes you think you get to just sit out of the scumhunting and let everyone kill each other around you?
...Not sitting out, just really really mentally tired.

Also, this really doesn't. Just someone stating a possibility in a...comedic/assertive manner. Because if Hapah was vig'd, then any/all delayers/protectors/anyother role with that manner may have gotten the right target.

@UI: Rolefishing?

PPE: Leaf: Ok...so I'm now technically voting myself.

Tiruin: (I think you put yourself at L-1 for a moment there. You would have been safer voting DS or UI since they're both confirmed town.)
...Good point, but I only have 2 votes on me, we need 4 to hammer.

@Other questions:

How do you know you landed on DS? Leafsnail specifically said we aren't informed if we're redirected.
Well...I picked someone else, not DS.

I...also can't explain how I was redirected. However, I asked Leafsnail concerning redirect-ish types and an investigate, he answered with that I get the name of who I get redirected to and that its for successful inspections only. Obviously, not informed if we're redirected but the path of logic is obvious.

Mine was successful.

Ergo.

Okami: I see you're poking at every tidbit I have, why is that and how does it help clarify your reads? Because it seems your behavior from D1 shifted into overgear in D2 and beyond, what's up?

Ford: You seem...contemplative there, any explanation about that or is there something you're hiding?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I'm a delayer.  I delayed Toaster N0 and N1.  I delayed UI N2.  This is why I'm so sure UI is town.  Deathsword disabling him just makes this better.
To put this simply:
You can only use one night action per night (this doesn't include automatic actions).
Deathsword and Urist Imik (and me) could not have killed anybody last night.
How convenient.  There's absolutely no way for you or Urist to confirm your action last night, unless somebody happened to track you.
Can you AT LEAST admit that Deathsword and UI are confirmed town??  That's what I was trying so hard to explain to you.

The only possible scum left are Captain Ford, Tiruin, or you.  I think it's either Captain Ford or Tiruin but if you're gonna be an idiot then I can accept it being you.
So I'm back on the list just for attacking you?  And there you go again with this "only possible scum" nonsense.
Not true, you have always been a possible scum pick.  I only doubted that because you didn't sound like the King Mafia about to get lynched Day 2 (remember you didn't know UI was pardoning you).

You're still deflecting, as Urist pointed out.  You're trying to distract everyone with your roleclaim, and you've failed to address any specific points I've brought against you.
I have not??

So, why Urist?  Why disable him last night?
1.  I delayed him
2.  His last post of the day looked like scum picking targets for the next day (I wanted to really make sure he was either scum or town).

Toony:
My vote on Okami was really bad I know.  I was pointing out in your selective quote that my top two suspects were the other voters so it matches very very well.  It's also very sad to be suspected by the guy who I confirmed first (which I can't prove 100% like DS unfortunately) and Okami who I'm pretty sure is town as well.
And again, they voted because they had cases. You didn't. Stop trying to deflect suspicion. As it turns out, my top two suspects also voted Okami. Mostly because the ones who didn't are either dead, confirmed town, or Okami himself.
Stop being an idiot!!  Why do the confirmed town always become lazy idiots??

Toony: Explain to me why there's a connection between me being nice to Hapah and him dying.
Distancing.  I wouldn't put it highest on the list of suspicious activity as it's not as convincing by itself (as in unless you've been acting scummy that can just be said to be null although I still wouldn't recommend camaraderie when there's mafia around).  It also doesn't help you have likely a 50% chance of being scum.

Unvote Captain Ford.  I think that's all I can get from them and overall they don't seem too scummy, but not nearly as convincing as Okami.  Urist Imik is being an idiot and I think Okami is still town too just DEAD WRONG.  I will instead be placing my vote on other top pick Tiruin.  Okami can make good points when they aren't being stubborn and Tiruin recently VOTED THEMSELVES and haven't really been too pressured during the game, I'm not sure how to read her otherwise though but she's definitely a top pick for me.  This'll likely be my final vote for this day and I'm a prime candidate for being lynched.  This is my judgement call.  At least the King Mafia is fucking screwed since he can't even kill all the confirmed town tonight.  It's either Tiruin, Captain Ford, or Okami.

My general reads are as followed:

Captain Ford - largely because of vote-swapping and they backed off of Okami when Okami backed off which would be wise for scum to stay un-pressured, currently living it easy on the sideline
Tiruin - acting weird and VOTED THEMSELVES, my pick tied with Captain Ford though they're going up...
Okami - Felt genuinely town when they though they were getting lynched, has nuggets of actual good scumhunting when not being an idiot.  Still possible scum but I sort of doubt it.

Also the currently exchange with Captain Ford and Tiruin right now has me siding with Captain Ford more and it wouldn't make sense to be voting Captain Ford if Tiruin is just as guilty in my eyes (and likely more at this point, inspect on both Deathsword and Urist Imik? Why say that now?)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

So I get a vote but no summary on why I deserve that vote other than the 'other target'?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

So I get a vote but no summary on why I deserve that vote other than the 'other target'?
You voted yourself because you didn't want to get prodded, that means you have ZERO SUSPECTS.
You inspected the two players that are already confirmed (and this was after Deathsword and Urist Imik said they confirmed each other, I was only able to clear UI and this was before they said anything).

Mod: If an action is delayed, and the user is killed before the action goes off, will the action still occur during the next night?
No.
This also helps me believe more that Captain Ford is town, because I PM'd Leafsnail this exact same question.  I was afraid that maybe my delay on Toaster killed Hapah but that is not the case.  At the very least they're thinking the same as me.

I...also can't explain how I was redirected. However, I asked Leafsnail concerning redirect-ish types and an investigate, he answered with that I get the name of who I get redirected to and that its for successful inspections only. Obviously, not informed if we're redirected but the path of logic is obvious.
That reminds me:
I'm pretty sure I was redirected last night. I couldn't think of a reason for someone to redirect me specifically, and for a little while I wondered if UI might have been swapped with a Nexus.
These don't match up.  I asked Captain Ford who they got redirected onto earlier but they never answered or I can't find it.

Captain Ford?

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile

PFProfession

Hammer Tiruin.

You did vote yourself, and you're my second pick for scum behind Toony.

Okami: I see you're poking at every tidbit I have, why is that and how does it help clarify your reads? Because it seems your behavior from D1 shifted into overgear in D2 and beyond, what's up?
I didn't get a chance to get into gear D1, because I got hammered out of the blue.  I'm in overdrive now D2 to make up for lost time scumhunting.

Can you AT LEAST admit that Deathsword and UI are confirmed town??  That's what I was trying so hard to explain to you.
DS is confirmed town with Tiruin's claim.

I have not??
Until this post, you hadn't addressed any of the accusations in my "You are scum." post.

1.  I delayed him
Slip of the tongue.

2.  His last post of the day looked like scum picking targets for the next day (I wanted to really make sure he was either scum or town).
Makes sense. Thank you.

Toony's right.  Scum can't get both confirmed town, so let's go to night and see where we are in the morning.

Blood will tell.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Son of a bitch. Seriously, Okami?

Tiruin, why the hell did you vote yourself. Seriously.

(Still working on another post, guess I'll have to rush it now)
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PFP

These don't match up.  I asked Captain Ford who they got redirected onto earlier but they never answered or I can't find it.

Captain Ford?
Sorry, I'm at work. I only just got the chance to respond to this. I prioritized addressing Tiruin first because of timezones (if I wanted a response from her today, I had to post early).

The simple answer is that I'm not going to answer that question. I'm going to be intentionally vague because there's very little to be gained from me making a full claim at this juncture, other than what I've already stated. If someone wants to claim redirecting me specifically, that may change, but as you've already claimed your action, I don't feel I need to answer that, at least not coming from you.

Mod: If we lynch scum, does the next round start in night?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

PFProfession
Hammer Tiruin.
DS is confirmed town with Tiruin's claim.
Then why did you hammer him??  He can't inspect unless he's town.  You're either being stubborn against me again for some reason or you're scum.

Anyway:
If Tiruin is scum we've won this round.
If Tiruin is town I'm going to delay you Captain Ford and if there's still a kill it can only be Okami.  So we've pretty much won this now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

As in, if Tiruin is mafia he might really have an inspect, but he'd have to use his mafiakill instead.  I was pointing out he's scum because his two inspects fall on confirmed townies (although thinking about it he WAS town for one of these inspects at the very least).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

If Tiruin is town I'm going to delay you Captain Ford and if there's still a kill it can only be Okami.  So we've pretty much won this now.
Wait that won't work if the mafia doesn't use their mafiakill.  :P

That's okay though, they won't be able to kill Deathsword or UI.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait that won't work if the mafia doesn't use their mafiakill.  :P
I was going to say.

Okami, that was just dumb.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41