Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 71993 times)

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile

I'm not going to put myself on a possible scum list because I'm not scum.  You're just trying to sound edgy/smart here.
One.

Other people who voted your "bandwagon": Tiruin, Captain Ford
As Urist pointed out, Tiruin's vote was an RVS that he didn't have a chance to remove due to the time zone difference.  Captain Ford and Deathsword both had cases to bring against me.  Yours is the only vote that had nothing backing it up.

I understand why you suspect me, but I know I'm town so that's why like I said earlier the only possible scum I can see being left are Captain Ford and Tiruin.  It can be either really, Tiruin is hard to read but you seem to notice a difference while Ford voted and unvoted me like three times a bit ago.
Two.

Sorry, I like covering possibilities.  A vig claim would probably get that person lynched if they can't convince everyone, they would be pulling a gambit as the King Mafia.  That's what I meant.
This is the only sensible thing in either of your last two posts.  Thanks for clearing this up.  Makes sense now.

I'm more sure about Captain Ford being mafia than Tiruin.  Tiruin is still definitely possible since you seem to have a read, but I definitely feel more confident in Ford being the mafia.  That's why I think Tiruin is just being confusing, since he's town in this case.
Three.

PFP

You're deflecting attention away from yourself. Tiruin had a reason to vote Okami (or at least she did when she voted), and Captain Ford gave a reason as well. You didn't. You just tossed your vote on like whatever. So how are Tiruin's and Captain Ford's votes relevant to yours in any way?
My vote on Okami was really bad I know.  I was pointing out in your selective quote that my top two suspects were the other voters so it matches very very well.  It's also very sad to be suspected by the guy who I confirmed first (which I can't prove 100% like DS unfortunately) and Okami who I'm pretty sure is town as well.
Let's get something very clear, here.  There is no one in this game who is confirmed.  Not me.  Not you.  Not Urist Imiknorris.  Not Deathsword.

Urist Imiknorris claimed to pardon me.  Confirmed by Deathsword.
He's also claimed purple goo magistrate, and that he was disabled last night and had his role switched.
His night action is still unaccounted for, save for your claim that he didn't kill.

Deathsword has claimed the disable on Urist Imiknorris, and is therefore the subject of the role switch.
No-one has counter-claimed Deathsword, and it is on this basis alone that his actions last night are accounted for.

Neither of those claims say anything about their alignment.  We assume Urist is town because his pardoning me was pro-town.

Your continued insistence on repeating that Player A is town, Player B can't be scum, and Captain Ford and Tiruin are the only possible scum remaining sounds to me like a desperate KING MAFIA who knows good and well that he is, in fact, still on the possible scum list.  Your buddying every single person who you can even remotely claim to have "confirmed" and repeatedly insisting that you must be town because of your extraordinary efforts to confirm other town.

In short, you, ToonyMan, are this rounds KING MAFIA.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EBWOP
You're buddying every single person who you can even remotely claim to have "confirmed" and repeatedly insisting that you must be town because of your extraordinary efforts to confirm other town.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Toony: Hmm ...
You might be right about UI. Tell me, what makes you suspect me over Tiruin?
Your high-five with Hapah before he ends up dying, your attack on Okami (though you backed off), and you have un-voted and voted me in quick succession a lot, kind of like you're judging whether it'd be too scummy to vote.

UI is coming off scummy to me but it might just be his playstyle. I think every game I've played with him he's been scum (he was even my scum IC), so it might just be that I have no idea what his town game looks like.
True enough.  I highly doubt UI and Deathsword are scum though.

I'm pretty sure I was redirected last night. I couldn't think of a reason for someone to redirect me specifically, and for a little while I wondered if UI might have been swapped with a Nexus.
Redirected onto whom?

In short, you, ToonyMan, are this rounds KING MAFIA.
Fine.

I'm a delayer.  I delayed Toaster N0 and N1.  I delayed UI N2.  This is why I'm so sure UI is town.  Deathsword disabling him just makes this better.

The only possible scum left are Captain Ford, Tiruin, or you.  I think it's either Captain Ford or Tiruin but if you're gonna be an idiot then I can accept it being you.

I will also get pissed at UI for pardoning the fucking King Mafia but whatever...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

To put this simply:
You can only use one night action per night (this doesn't include automatic actions).
Deathsword and Urist Imik (and me) could not have killed anybody last night.

HAPAH DIED

Nobody is claiming the kill.  I BET THE KING MAFIA DID IT

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Okami, what should ToonyMan do? Say "I'm scum"?

Saying you are town is pretty null. It looks to me as if you want to drive a bullshit case on him.

So by your logic, if I ask if you are town and you answer "yes" then you are scum. If you answer "no" then you are scum.

Are you town?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Day ends in 24 hours time.  Everyone should vote before then (Deathsword's vote just now counts towards that though).

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm a delayer.  I delayed Toaster N0 and N1.  I delayed UI N2.  This is why I'm so sure UI is town.  Deathsword disabling him just makes this better.
To put this simply:
You can only use one night action per night (this doesn't include automatic actions).
Deathsword and Urist Imik (and me) could not have killed anybody last night.
How convenient.  There's absolutely no way for you or Urist to confirm your action last night, unless somebody happened to track you.

I bet you killed Hapah.

The only possible scum left are Captain Ford, Tiruin, or you.  I think it's either Captain Ford or Tiruin but if you're gonna be an idiot then I can accept it being you.
So I'm back on the list just for attacking you?  And there you go again with this "only possible scum" nonsense.

You're still deflecting, as Urist pointed out.  You're trying to distract everyone with your roleclaim, and you've failed to address any specific points I've brought against you.

So, why Urist?  Why disable him last night?

Okami, what should ToonyMan do? Say "I'm scum"?

Saying you are town is pretty null. It looks to me as if you want to drive a bullshit case on him.
It's not just that he's saying he's town.  It's the buddying combined with yesterday's bandwagoning.

Now we can add an as yet unverifiable (suspiciously so?) claim for last nights action to the mix, as well as more of the deflection Urist was calling him out on earlier.

So by your logic, if I ask if you are town and you answer "yes" then you are scum. If you answer "no" then you are scum.
If you answer "Yes" and move on, then it's a null-tell.  If you answer no, then you're a jester, or you're explaining how you've already won, and nothing can stop you now (much as Pandarsenic did in BYOR4).

If you answer answer is "Yes!  I'm totally a towny!  Look at all these wonderful towny things I'm doing to help the town.  And you're a towny too!  Look at all this wonderful proof that I've found that you're a towny!", then you're scum.

Are you town?
Yes

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day ends in 24 hours time.  Everyone should vote before then (Deathsword's vote just now counts towards that though).
Refresh Vote: ToonyMan

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

Tiruin, I would like to see something.

My impression of Okami & ToonyMan is presently of townies going at each other. Toony's claim is ... interesting.

Mod: If an action is delayed, and the user is killed before the action goes off, will the action still occur during the next night? Secondly, does the start of a new round cancel any such pending actions or reset things like an arsonist dousing people in gasoline?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mod: If an action is delayed, and the user is killed before the action goes off, will the action still occur during the next night?
No.

Secondly, does the start of a new round cancel any such pending actions or reset things like an arsonist dousing people in gasoline?
No.  Also arsonist dousing does not work at all as per the rules.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

Your high-five with Hapah before he ends up dying, your attack on Okami (though you backed off), and you have un-voted and voted me in quick succession a lot, kind of like you're judging whether it'd be too scummy to vote.
Seriously? Truth be told, Hapah's helping me out with some advice via PM. If you're gonna find me scummy for being nice to the nice guy, then you can
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ahem.

The waffling on my vote only means I'm being indecisive. Showing doubt is a bad thing for scumhunting, but it's the opposite of scummy. We've had this discussion before.

No.  Also arsonist dousing does not work at all as per the rules.
Say what? So Hapah had a role that didn't work?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Ugh. Sorry for my disappearance. Personal stuff IRL. Posting... :/

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Prime part of Hapah's role would not have worked, yes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Tiruin - Reading back over the thread, I notice that your D1 posts were coherent, but your D2 and D3 posts, well, not so much.  Did you roll KING MAFIA and then get lazy now that you don't have to hunt scum?
Several reasons (not lazy nor the KotM; here is a blatant NO.):
> Firstly, day keeps on ending when I'm away - I nearly have no say on the proceeding posts afterwards - see D1/D2.
> Secondly, King shifted Post-N1, here's me trying to find out through questioning...but then seemingly getting lost along the way.
> In the past 1/2 days, RL has cut in along with personal stuff...apologies for that one.
> Its only me and me alone posting, keep my security on any of my accounts at a high level...Its just my emotional/mental state contributing to what gets down.

Aaaand the fact that I got prodded anyway. Yeah. Breaking this up to address each person.

UI/DS are town btw - claiming ahead of time, my inspect landed on DS...revealing him to be town. N1 - my action landed on the most useless (should've been useful but bleh) pick. And I really feel I've been redirected somehow because I didn't pick DS as my target during that time.

@UI: Here I felt that they were reasonable answers, but dropped a prod on them just to be sure on it - the pressure at our duel back then was a factor I'd thought that would help in getting an answer with added info.

Also,
While we are at it, how do you like your new role?
I want a refund.
Why? You've got a disabling role, and was...ironically disabled by it. While your past role can save others from the hammer of death - the current role can stop a death from occurring.

Y'know, just like my ol' role in the last KotM. WHICH YOU SHOT FOR BAD REASONS.[/sourgraping]

Ford: Here, why Anarchist instead of another redirecting role?

unvote

Seriously? Truth be told, Hapah's helping me out with some advice via PM. If you're gonna find me scummy for being nice to the nice guy, then you can
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm really betting Hapah's helping with personal non-Mafia advice as he helped me before, right? Also, overreaction is noted.

Toony

I will also get pissed at UI for pardoning the fucking King Mafia but whatever...

Lastly...err, abstain from current vote - is this possible? If not then Tiruin because I'm pretty racked up with decisions here.

> Undergoing the reason by elimination, I'm not having that much of a read on the others though somehow Okami strikes me as the KotM...and I've no conclusive proof atm (I mean, day end already. Wow. No time for questioning other than what I said above.)

Deathsword
Urist Imiknorris

Tiruin

ToonyMan
Captain Ford
Okami No Rei

> 6 people, 1 scum, and probably 1 vig/one-shot killer due to how Toaster died. I've outed the first two who I'm pretty much confirmed on and myself because the usual "I'm town but nobody can prove it" cliche leaving the three of you down here.

Now I'm in the belief that Toony's being town in the way that he's...well, his tendency is usually to go unhinged when scum - he doesn't smell, or is acting, like the scum Toony I know. Also, his latest reasons...I strongly don't believe he'd be acting like that

This would be his defining points: It points out two things.
> If [KotM: YES] = Very bad play//scumhunting.
> If [Town: YES] = seemingly flailing around with weak reasoning.

On Ford, I'm torn over. Yes, he did make mistakes, but they're most assumed to go with what he's been undergoing. On a stress level that high, it doesn't seem likely that he's Mafia IMO.

Okami's just getting a gut feeling. I currently can't find why because at the moment I'm reading up on everything since I last posted.

Also. Update

Quote from: How I guess the votes stack from the link, not putting in any vote-shifting/modding abilities|| 4 votes to lynch.
ToonyMan: Urist Imiknorris, Okami No Rei (2)
Captain Ford: ToonyMan (1)
Tiruin: Captain Ford (1 or 2,)
Okami No Rei: Deathsword (1)
Not Voting: Tiruin (1) - either here, or on myself
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41