Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72107 times)

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile

Not a lot of time right now, so I'll have to answer some stuff later.

Okami, you seem to be under the impression that all players in a KotM are immune to mistakes and thus anything that may even remotely resemble a mistake must be instead part of a nefarious scum plan.

In other words: your assumption that no KotM players are capable of making mistakes is a pile of feces.

Everyone makes mistakes. To believe yourself incapable of making one is stupid. Not everyone remembers constantly that 7 players = 4 to hammer. Some of us have important things to be worried about.
I'm not saying anyone in this game is incapable of mistakes.  I'm saying apparent mistakes should be looked at with an eye for nefarious schemes.  It seems too easy, to me, to simply write off your actions as a simple blunder.

The fact of the matter is, that lynch was extraordinarily beneficial if you're KING MAFIA.  You get one less townie to worry about (or would have, had UI not pardoned), as well as an extra night to work.  You effectively get around half a day of questioning, and you can answer any questions the following morning with "He looked scummy.  I voted him.  I didn't even realize I was hammering."

So you see, it's not that I believe you incapable of mistakes.  Mistakes happen.   I can't afford to believe that any action which so clearly benefits scum is just a mistake.

That said, you and UI confirming each other with no counter-claims helps. Unvote.

Now, assuming he did, in fact, blunder:

Tiruin - Reading back over the thread, I notice that your D1 posts were coherent, but your D2 and D3 posts, well, not so much.  Did you roll KING MAFIA and then get lazy now that you don't have to hunt scum?

Compare this from D1
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
with this from D3
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's almost like two different people posting.  Your scumhunting is also much more passive today.  D1 you were all over Deathsword.  Now you're just poking at people.

That leaves:
Tiruin, Okami, and Captain Ford.
There's one name you left off that list, Toony Man.

With Captain Ford sorted out and Deathsword more or less cleared by claims, you're my next choice for scum.
You did join the bandwagon on me, after all, with only
That is pretty compelling.  I think I'll add pressure, Okami no Rei.
for a reason.

If somebody does claim the Hapah kill and they say they're not the King Mafia then that's a whole different story.
How does that even make sense?  Is there any reason they'd say they are King Mafia?

I believe Tiruin is just being confusing here, I'm voting Deathsword.
Could you elaborate on this?
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

You can only use one night action per night (this doesn't include automatic actions).
This means Deathsword is cleared as well, no doubts.  That's good.

That leaves:
Tiruin, Okami, and Captain Ford.
There's one name you left off that list, Toony Man.
I'm not going to put myself on a possible scum list because I'm not scum.  You're just trying to sound edgy/smart here.

With Captain Ford sorted out and Deathsword more or less cleared by claims, you're my next choice for scum.
for a reason.
Other people who voted your "bandwagon": Tiruin, Captain Ford

I understand why you suspect me, but I know I'm town so that's why like I said earlier the only possible scum I can see being left are Captain Ford and Tiruin.  It can be either really, Tiruin is hard to read but you seem to notice a difference while Ford voted and unvoted me like three times a bit ago.

If somebody does claim the Hapah kill and they say they're not the King Mafia then that's a whole different story.
How does that even make sense?  Is there any reason they'd say they are King Mafia?
Sorry, I like covering possibilities.  A vig claim would probably get that person lynched if they can't convince everyone, they would be pulling a gambit as the King Mafia.  That's what I meant.

I believe Tiruin is just being confusing here, I'm voting Deathsword.
Could you elaborate on this?
I'm more sure about Captain Ford being mafia than Tiruin.  Tiruin is still definitely possible since you seem to have a read, but I definitely feel more confident in Ford being the mafia.  That's why I think Tiruin is just being confusing, since he's town in this case.

I won't be able to post until late tonight most likely (school started again).

Leaving my vote on Captain Ford.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Toony:
for a reason.
You're deflecting attention away from yourself. Tiruin had a reason to vote Okami (or at least she did when she voted), and Captain Ford gave a reason as well. You didn't. You just tossed your vote on like whatever. So how are Tiruin's and Captain Ford's votes relevant to yours in any way?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

PFP

Tiruin: I had a rather heavy bout of depression yesterday, ugh. I was expecting guests but remembered that it had been called off since one of the guys was out of town.

I hate winter.

...You seem really undecided currently.

What's up? RL factors? Or did you just put that PPE right there to cover a mistake.
I made a mistake, and yeah, I put the PPE there to cover for it because you beat me to the punch. You didn't ninja me, exactly, but I had the thought while I was away from my computer and wasn't expecting your post when I returned.

I was posting too quickly with not enough thought because my SO was pestering me to clean up the house for the guests that we thought were coming over.

The rest of my attitude is due to being riddled with self-loathing and self-doubt for not accomplishing anything productive yesterday.

Oh. Also I was focusing on trying to figure out the puzzle too much.

Toony: Hmm ...

You might be right about UI. Tell me, what makes you suspect me over Tiruin?

UI is coming off scummy to me but it might just be his playstyle. I think every game I've played with him he's been scum (he was even my scum IC), so it might just be that I have no idea what his town game looks like.

I'm pretty sure I was redirected last night. I couldn't think of a reason for someone to redirect me specifically, and for a little while I wondered if UI might have been swapped with a Nexus.

Deathsword: I want to hear the answer to this too:
Why did you disable me anyway?

With the votes the way they are, I'm putting my vote on ToonyMan.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PFP

WHOA, WAIT A SECOND. Unvote.

Damn it, it took me way too long to realize I'd just put him at L-1.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You appear to have done the same thing Toony did yesterday - put someone at L-1 for no reason whatsoever.

Why?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Deathsword: I'm curious about your reasons for voting Okami yesterday - specifically, how is his speculation WIFOM?
I misunderstood what he meant on that one. I believed he was claiming to know what Hapah thought.

Why did you disable me anyway?
You seemed to be quite displeased with my hammer on Okami and I thought that would make me a very big target for any non-lethal actions you might have had.

While we are at it, how do you like your new role?

Expect another post today with a vote. And if I missed questions, please point them to me.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mostly it was that I have to vote someone or get modkilled. Right now I'm tied with him in the votes, and I've been a bit suspicious of him lately. I'm working on a larger post, but it's taking me time to put my thought together.

And I'm at work, so my everything's a bit sloppy.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Post coming up...finally awake at this unholy hour after a whole day of doing everything else not related to Mafia.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While we are at it, how do you like your new role?
I want a refund.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PFP

Just read up on the end of Totem Mafia, and yeah, I totally need to give UI some more slack. He saved Okami from the lynch, and he's acted decently so far.

It seems like DS and UI are town. Their claims are pretty solid. Okami seems town enough.

I'm split a little bit on Toony. Toony's votes and arguments are well-reasoned, and he's playing well. I don't think he would have claimed to know something about UI unless he was prepared to make a full claim if it came down to it. But there's little things that are making me uneasy.

Process of elimination would bring me to Tiruin, then. She has indeed been very passive today, but she jumped on me the same way she did on DS yesterday. Still, it does strike me as more opportunistic ...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Votecount (4 to lynch):
ToonyMan: Okami No Rei, Urist Imiknorris (2)
Captain Ford: ToonyMan (1)
Not Voting: Captain Ford, Tiruin, Deathsword (3)

Bolded players should vote to avoid a prod.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

PFP

Toony:
for a reason.
You're deflecting attention away from yourself. Tiruin had a reason to vote Okami (or at least she did when she voted), and Captain Ford gave a reason as well. You didn't. You just tossed your vote on like whatever. So how are Tiruin's and Captain Ford's votes relevant to yours in any way?
My vote on Okami was really bad I know.  I was pointing out in your selective quote that my top two suspects were the other voters so it matches very very well.  It's also very sad to be suspected by the guy who I confirmed first (which I can't prove 100% like DS unfortunately) and Okami who I'm pretty sure is town as well.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile

Unvote

Post coming up...finally awake at this unholy hour after a whole day of doing everything else not related to Mafia.
You said this over three hours ago, and still nothing.  Stalling for time, Tiruin?
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Votecount (4 to lynch):
ToonyMan: Urist Imiknorris (1)
Captain Ford: ToonyMan (1)
Tiruin: Okami No Rei
Not Voting: Captain Ford, Tiruin, Deathsword (3)

Tiruin and Deathsword will be getting prods due to not voting.

Addition to nerf list: Recurring Nightmare.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41