Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72096 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Unvote Tiruin: Thinking about it more, I'm inclined to agree. Deathsword knowingly hammering makes very little sense from either a town or scum perspective - if he's town, then he screws the town out of half a day's worth of discussion, and if he's scum he draws a lot of hostile attention to himself. Therefore, I must conclude that he's telling the truth about not realizing he hammered.

Your reason for that being a town tell isn't very good though - after all, one would also expect a townie to be paying more attention than he did.

Deathsword: I'm curious about your reasons for voting Okami yesterday - specifically, how is his speculation WIFOM? Additionally, who do you suspect? Your only vote was for Okami yesterday.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EBWOP: Also Tiruin, I already answered your questions here. Unless you were referring to different questions, in which case please point them out.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Anyways, you're wrong about Hapah killing Toaster. His ignite is specifically a day ability.
Yeah that's right.  I'm not sure then.  Deathsword disabled UI anyway so both me and Deathsword are clearing him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

What I'm saying is that there's only one mafia and if we follow the "townies never lie" rule that means even if either Deathsword or I am lying one of us will still be able to confirm that UI didn't kill anybody last night.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

*sigh* This sucks.

Toony: If there was an anarchist in the game, would that change your mind about UI?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EBWOP: ...I guess what I'm saying is that I'll do a full claim if I have to, but it wouldn't prove anything beyond the fact that UI is still a suspect.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile

Deathsword
Oh, wow, having a hard day and counting something wrong is totally scummy. And I didn't vote you because of my incorrect counting. That makes no sense. I voted you because you were scummy.
We've established this.  You claim you made a mistake.  I want to know why you think you should get a free pass on such a convenient excuse for "accidentally" hammering a bandwagon.

Can you explain this a bit better?
You did a pretty good job explaining it yourself.
Sure, the investigator could have been redirected, or fooled by some other ability ... but if you get scum, it doesn't tell you anything about the miller, and if you get town it either means Toaster is a townie and lying or your result was unreliable.
That's why I stated it this way:
I disagree with the idea that inspect results on a claimed miller should go right out the window in a role-heavy game.
There's absolutely no reason to assume that, in a game such as this, your inspection is going to go through in isolation from the rest of the night's actions.
Spoiler: For example: (click to show/hide)
Simply ignoring any information you obtain is completely irrational.  It's a piece of the puzzle, and will come in useful down the line when it's in context with other claims.
Because I'm having trouble seeing how a scum inspect result on a claimed miller tells you anything about the miller.
Ah, you're more concerned with what it means right there and then, with no more information available.  It means you have a scum inspect result.  Miller is an unfortunate characteristic for Town to have, but it isn't a free pass from critical examination.  Anyone claiming Miller should be carefully and critically observed until proven innocent or killed/lynched.

Damn. I scanned the role list and didn't see any one-shot disables. I sent a PM to LS asking if they were possible, but decided that was unlikely.
Santa (town, survivor; uncommon; 4+ players): You are the bearer of gifts. Each night, you will give a random player a one-shot action. (You can't choose not to use this ability.) Actions: (auto)gift
That accounts for Hapah's N1 gift.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That accounts for Hapah's N1 gift.
What does? DS said he got it N2.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile

He said he received it D2.  Which means it was given N1, and received on the morning of D2.
I did the disable on UI last night (it was a one-shot) and got his role. I didn't start the game with the disable, however. I recieved it on D2.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh. You're right.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Not a lot of time right now, so I'll have to answer some stuff later.

Okami, you seem to be under the impression that all players in a KotM are immune to mistakes and thus anything that may even remotely resemble a mistake must be instead part of a nefarious scum plan.

In other words: your assumption that no KotM players are capable of making mistakes is a pile of feces.

Everyone makes mistakes. To believe yourself incapable of making one is stupid. Not everyone remembers constantly that 7 players = 4 to hammer. Some of us have important things to be worried about.

UI: Did you pardon Okami because you wanted more information from him when I hammered or because you considered him town at the time?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okami: You make some good points there about millers, too. I hadn't realized that miller status could be disabled.

Deathsword: It's worth noting that UI pardoned Okami before you hammered.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My participation may be spotty until Wednesday. I've got an EXAM 3x COMBO going on.

Deathsword: I pardoned Okami because I thought he was town, and that the case (the one case out of three votes) against him was wrong.

Why did you disable me anyway?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Toony: If there was an anarchist in the game, would that change your mind about UI?
There better not be a fucking anarchist or I'll strangle them!!!  That's such an anti-town role it's not even funny.  There's still a 50% chance my action did work though and there's a 100% chance that Deathsword disabled and swapped roles with Urist Imik since both can confirm that themselves.

You're my top pick for King Mafia too you know.

If somebody does claim the Hapah kill and they say they're not the King Mafia then that's a whole different story.  However, with Deathsword pretty much 100% confirming with UI that he was disabled UI is almost 100% not scum although Deathsword is likely a wash.

And besides all of that, UI pardoning Okami doesn't make any sense if he's scum unless he's trying to get brownie points (@Tiruin: being "too townie") which is really really dumb.

@MOD:
Can KING MAFIA use their mafia-kill along with their normal actions or do they have to just do one or the other?  I can't find a specific line for this in the OP, although I'm assuming they can right now.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

You can only use one night action per night (this doesn't include automatic actions).
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41