Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72042 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

A couple of things -

1. I'll have limited access for a couple of days, I probably won't be able to do mod updates.  I should be back before today's deadline.

2. I've decided to establish a "nerf list" for roles I think are overpowered rather than being vague about it.  These are the roles that will basically always get a nerf.  PGO isn't overpowered but everyone got really sick of it last time.  Note that some other very powerful roles (eg Doublekiller) have actions which do not work due to the rules of this game.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

Urist Imiknorris:
Toony: I was the Purple Goo Magistrate who pardoned Okami about a minute before Deathsword hammered, so it really works out.

Now I've been disabled and swapped with someone who is definitely not a disabler.
If you were disabled, wouldn't that prevent your purple goo ability from kicking in?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

UI is one busy UI. :/

Urist Imiknorris:
Toony: I was the Purple Goo Magistrate who pardoned Okami about a minute before Deathsword hammered, so it really works out.

Now I've been disabled and swapped with someone who is definitely not a disabler.
If you were disabled, wouldn't that prevent your purple goo ability from kicking in?
I think he's talking in the present tense?

But...it's weird that upon role switch - you're disabled. Guess someone disabled him last night.

Unless...I'm misunderstanding what disable is?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I'm going to have to disagree with anybody who's voting UI since he's the one I'm most confident is town.

They're probably saying "disabled" to be as vague as possible while still getting the point across the same way I'm trying to be as vague as possible in how I'm pretty sure UI is town thanks to something.

My current suspicions right now are Deathsword (greater) and Captain Ford (lesser) still.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Actually no, I'll put the vote on Captain Ford.  I think Deathsword genuinely blundered and your attack on Okami is weird.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tiruin: Disable seems like a roleblock that lasts for one night and one day. I looked through the list and only found four roles with a disable in the first two pages.

The text of the basic ability is:
Quote from: Xylbot's Role List
You can disable someone's role. That player will temporarily lose all abilities/characteristics until the next night. Actions: disable
There's also a day version that disables until the next day.

They're probably saying "disabled" to be as vague as possible while still getting the point across the same way I'm trying to be as vague as possible in how I'm pretty sure UI is town thanks to something.
Who are "they"?

Actually no, I'll put the vote on Captain Ford.  I think Deathsword genuinely blundered and your attack on Okami is weird.
The fuck are you talking about? Okami gave a good answer and I moved on. My current question to him is just because I'm confused about his logic.

If there's something in particular you're referring to, then please be more specific.

This makes sense.  I can also confirm that Urist Imik didn't kill anybody last night so he is very unlikely to be King Mafia this round, although I guess a vig wouldn't claim...
Noted: Rolefishing.

I suspect that whoever disabled UI also disabled Toaster. If that's the case, then Toaster wasn't killed by a reflection or PGO. At the very least, the disabler would know there's a vig running around, wouldn't they, Toony?

Smart move for a king. By disabling rather than using your night kill, you can get the vig to out themselves and then lynch UI on the suspicion that your disable prevented a night kill.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

I did the disable on UI last night (it was a one-shot) and got his role. I didn't start the game with the disable, however. I recieved it on D2.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn. I scanned the role list and didn't see any one-shot disables. I sent a PM to LS asking if they were possible, but decided that was unlikely.

Unvote. Now I'm back to square one.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No...on second thought, the rest of that argument still holds.

This makes sense.  I can also confirm that Urist Imik didn't kill anybody last night so he is very unlikely to be King Mafia this round, although I guess a vig wouldn't claim...
This still looks like opportunistic rolefishing, Toony.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did the disable on UI last night (it was a one-shot) and got his role. I didn't start the game with the disable, however. I recieved it on D2.
Got it. Unvote.

Ford, would you like to explain how that is rolefishing? I don't see any rolefishing but...probably the last line regarding a vig, which doesn't sound much like anything along the lines of rolefishing. Or anything but an opinion for that matter.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...blarg. No, I'm wrong. Unvote. That's only rolefishing if you already had reason to think there was a vig.

PPE: Tiruin

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...You seem really undecided currently.

What's up? RL factors? Or did you just put that PPE right there to cover a mistake.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Who are "they"?
Urist Imik.

No...on second thought, the rest of that argument still holds.
This still looks like opportunistic rolefishing, Toony.
I'd rather not disregard the possibility that someone else who isn't the King Mafia killed Hapah while UI is actually guilty, but that's not what I believe.
All in all I'm pretty sure Hapah killed Toaster and he's dead now so UI is definitely cleared.

PPE:
...blarg. No, I'm wrong. Unvote. That's only rolefishing if you already had reason to think there was a vig.
PPE: Tiruin
It's okay to be wrong!  Unless you're scum, I need to stop using ellipses...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

And because I believe UI is town, and this backs up with UI's claim Deathsword looks confirmed to me as well.

That leaves:
Tiruin, Okami, and Captain Ford.

I already explained why Okami is very likely not to be King Mafia so I am not going to vote anybody but Tiruin or Captain Ford.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tiruin: A number of things are going on in my house right now that are taking my attention away from the game, so I'm rushing my posts out.

Also, yeah, RL does have me pretty anxious these days.

Toony:
I'd rather not disregard the possibility that someone else who isn't the King Mafia killed Hapah while UI is actually guilty, but that's not what I believe.
Yes, I see that now. I thought the scenario made the most sense if someone used a one-shot disable, but didn't think they existed. Your posts seemed to strongly hint at you being the disabler, and a number of things clicked with that conclusion:
1. Your statement about a kill+roleblock being used on toaster.
2. How you would know that UI didn't perform the kill. (because if you were the disabler, you could both confirm he was disabled and that you hadn't been redirected)
3. Your suspicion of there being a vig, and what looked like bait for him to claim

With Deathsword's claim that all falls apart.

Anyways, you're wrong about Hapah killing Toaster. His ignite is specifically a day ability.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41