Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72052 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: I'LL BE BACK (click to show/hide)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

I love you, Hapah.

Okami: Had a thought.

I asked you those questions for the purpose of clarification. It was in the early stages of the day. What makes you think I was aiming for a lynch on you and not simply pressuring you?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile

You've got your logic turned around there.  I picked Hapah because he correctly picked out the king, which means he got lucky, or he knows something.  I don't believe in luck, not in this game, so
that leaves him knowing something.  So, he has an inspection, or he's damn good at finding scum.  Both are pluses I'd look for in a potential fellow mason.
What you said just now is not the same as what you said before. Your original answer focused entirely on him having an inspect. You never mentioned that his effectiveness in hunting scum was a factor.

Tell me how I'm not supposed to interpret "I'm fairly certain he has an inspect" as you picking him because you think he has an inspect?
I picked him because I thought he had an inspect.  That was the important bit.  You asked for clarification, so I clarified.  I don't see the problem here.

So why are you ignoring your own question in order to devise a reason for me to be scum, Captain Ford?
I'm not. There was zero evidence of Hapah having an inspect. He didn't show any suspicion of Toaster until after Toaster claimed miller. He only unvoted with 20 minutes to spare, and he was clearly very reluctant to do so.

On top of that, you don't have to be cop to know what result you would have gotten on Toaster last night. As soon as Toaster claimed miller, any inspect results on him would have been thrown right out the window.
I disagree with the idea that inspect results on a claimed miller should go right out the window in a role-heavy game.  Anyway, where you see "zero evidence", I see a behavior pattern that makes him significantly more probable as the best choice for a Mason Recruit.  Just because he's the best option, doesn't mean he's a great one, or even necessarily a good one.  Your question was "If you had a mason role, who would you recruit as your buddy today?", not "If you had a mason role, would you recruit anyone as your buddy today?".

Also, you're objectively wrong, since he's flipped now.
I've been wrong before.  I'll be wrong again.   New data, new analysis.

I asked you those questions for the purpose of clarification. It was in the early stages of the day. What makes you think I was aiming for a lynch on you and not simply pressuring you?
You apparently disregarded your own question, and took my answer out of context.  I'm satisfied with explanation for this here:
You appeared to be looking for someone with an inspect and molding the evidence to fit your theory, rather than actually trying to draw conclusions from the evidence. It struck me that you might have already drawn that conclusion while looking for threats and simply reused it in this answer. It otherwise doesn't make any sense to me, as I explained above.
Unvote.  As a Mason, I have the unique opportunity to confirm someone as town with a successful recruit.  That means whatever information they provide is inherently trustworthy.  If I were to try to recruit a Vigilante, a Doctor, or a Roleblocker, all they could tell me is who they targeted.  They may pay off in the long run, but they may also get lynched or mafiakilled at any time.  A Cop, on the other hand (one who hasn't yet claimed), has inspect results available right then and there.  That increases their value sufficiently that I feel it would be foolish, as a mason, to try and recruit anyone else.  So you see, asking me to evaluate potential buddies from a mason's perspective is effectively the same as asking me who I think is a cop.

Spoiler: Boiling the Frog (click to show/hide)
No insult was intended.  I was more concerned with the process of boiling a frog than with the disposition of the frog itself, which is a variable outside of my control.  That said, no metaphor is perfect, and this one had the intended effect of getting reactions from Deathsword.

Deathsword - Your explanation so far is "I knew it was a 7 player game, and I knew that I was the 4th vote on you, but I failed to put 2 and 2 together."  Do I have that right?  Why do you think that's a good enough excuse for lynching me?
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EBWOP
You apparently disregarded your own question, and took my answer out of context.  I'm satisfied with your explanation for this here:

Tiruin - Looks like you missed all the action again.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Toony: I was the Purple Goo Magistrate who pardoned Okami about a minute before Deathsword hammered, so it really works out.

Now I've been disabled and swapped with someone who is definitely not a disabler.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

EBWOP
You apparently disregarded your own question, and took my answer out of context.  I'm satisfied with your explanation for this here:

Tiruin - Looks like you missed all the action again.
Yeah I did >.>

And now I've to catch up with what you all did before...well. That.

UI
Toony: I was the Purple Goo Magistrate who pardoned Okami about a minute before Deathsword hammered, so it really works out.

Now I've been disabled and swapped with someone who is definitely not a disabler.
Err...Deathsword was town then. Seeing the new round, you've no question for him other than this? Wait, not a question but a...statement. Ok...

Also, out of all the people voting for Okami, why DS? How does it work out?

...You claimed, why? And why exactly did you pardon Okami?

Also, why mention the last line of your post when Purple Goo translates to "Switch me and you if you touch me!"

Tiruin:
Aghhh, must vote. Placeholder - Ford, I believe you're adding third party players in suspect of ToonyMan, eh?
@Second: Placeholder vote because of technical anti-lurk system. That's me poking at him for getting Quadressence to post.
Uhh...what? Are you somehow holding me responsible for Quad's actions?

There's no way I could have predicted she would do that, or how she would react. And how could interactions with her have any meaning in the context of the game anyway?
I point at the word "placeholder". And yeeesss, I hold you responsible for Quad's actions. Yes indeed.

EBWOP
No, I was not aware of it before, and I have not since received any private information that would cast light on it.
It may have been a gift from our Arsonist Santa.
But santas give one-shot actions...So how can this relate to private information? I mean, the only one-shot I can think about that gives such is an investigate.

And UI says it all.

Deathsword - Your explanation so far is "I knew it was a 7 player game, and I knew that I was the 4th vote on you, but I failed to put 2 and 2 together."  Do I have that right?  Why do you think that's a good enough excuse for lynching me?
Other than personal mistake, I wonder why or how this pertains to how DS behaved...Because personal mistake seems like the most probable answer given what he said.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EBWOP
No, I was not aware of it before, and I have not since received any private information that would cast light on it.
It may have been a gift from our Arsonist Santa.
But santas give one-shot actions...So how can this relate to private information? I mean, the only one-shot I can think about that gives such is an investigate.
So they are.  Apparently (Auto)gift is also a night action.  So much for that.  How it relates to private information?  I meant I received no PMs from the mod regarding the revive.

Other than personal mistake, I wonder why or how this pertains to how DS behaved...Because personal mistake seems like the most probable answer given what he said.
You can get away with a making mistakes in a Beginner's Mafia.

This is King of the Mafia.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Claiming you made a mistake doesn't quite cut it.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tiruin:
Err...Deathsword was town then. Seeing the new round, you've no question for him other than this? Wait, not a question but a...statement. Ok...

Also, out of all the people voting for Okami, why DS? How does it work out?

...You claimed, why? And why exactly did you pardon Okami?

Also, why mention the last line of your post when Purple Goo translates to "Switch me and you if you touch me!"
How do you know Deathsword is town? And I'm voting him because he hammered Okami basically immediately.

I pardoned Okami because of the three votes on him, only Captain Ford's had a case behind it, and it was a case I disagreed with.

I claimed because I want to know who I swapped with.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...That's me saying th reason behind it.

Meaning: You'd think DS would cover up that hammer with that kind of reason?

I claimed because I want to know who I swapped with.
Not me.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This.

Err...Deathsword was town then.

I want to know how you know this.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

@Okami:
Yeah okay that seems good, your unvote of Ford and Deathsword quickhammering for a reason completely different than I thought possible is more convincing.  Unvote Okami, Urist Imik's claim also really explains your confusion and you did not act like a King Mafia about to die in this post.  I would be more inclined to believe Ford is either being wrong or scum.

This makes sense.  I can also confirm that Urist Imik didn't kill anybody last night so he is very unlikely to be King Mafia this round, although I guess a vig wouldn't claim...

I believe Tiruin is just being confusing here, I'm voting Deathsword.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Jesus Christ I've made a mafia post Saturday at 9am.  What am I doing anymore

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Oh, wow, having a hard day and counting something wrong is totally scummy. And I didn't vote you because of my incorrect counting. That makes no sense. I voted you because you were scummy.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[...]counting something wrong is totally scummy.[...]
@UI: I...guess I messed up my wording? Now that I see it from how others do, yeah, pretty messed up :/

The quote above explains what I'm talking about. In a high profile game such as this, I believe that if DS was scum - I mean, candidate for KotM - he would pay more attention to the hammer list.

But I guess the misinterpretation was in my punctuation/semantics? Lack of comma before 'then'. As in:
Deathsword
Okami No Rei
Let me guess?  You didn't even realize you were hammering with that vote?

I don't believe it. 
You don't have to believe it. At the moment I thought it would take 5 to hammer, not 4.
[I was thinking at this post]
[UI's post + vote along "Deathsword hammer"]

"Err...then Deathsword was town, then."

Now answer my questions, please.

Jesus Christ I've made a mafia post Saturday at 9am.  What am I doing anymore
You're posting early in the morning so you can do other things later in the day because no personal schedule is rigid enough to mess it up by one mafia post.

Am I right?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

PFP

Okami:
Your question was "If you had a mason role, who would you recruit as your buddy today?", not "If you had a mason role, would you recruit anyone as your buddy today?".
Point. I did make that question overly specific. You did a good job explaining why you wouldn't necessarily pick someone today and what criteria you would actually pick them on.

I disagree with the idea that inspect results on a claimed miller should go right out the window in a role-heavy game.
Umm...no matter how you look at it, a scum result on a claimed miller is worthless. Sure, the investigator could have been redirected, or fooled by some other ability ... but if you get scum, it doesn't tell you anything about the miller, and if you get town it either means Toaster is a townie and lying or your result was unreliable.

Can you explain this a bit better? Because I'm having trouble seeing how a scum inspect result on a claimed miller tells you anything about the miller.

Aside from that one thing, you've explained yourself very well. Your analysis of the mason mechanic makes a lot of sense, and your original answer makes sense in light of what you've provided. Unvote.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41