Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72009 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Tiruin:
@First: Kind of a null tell actually - dependant on the person's personality. For me, tis a new round, new faces, new people, new tentative KotM candidate.
Well yeah, but townies have the possible factor of "Oh, I'm not King. Damn." to drag down their excitement, whereas I don't believe the King has a similarly enthusiasm-dampening potential outlook.

Basically, being excited is a null tell, but being meh would have been a town tell.

That's me poking at him for getting Quadressence to post.
Oh, that kind of third party. The fourth-wall breaking kind.

Okami No Rei: I'd still have hammered NQT. NQT spent the majority of the day doing some serious rolefishing. Additionally, the votes on Toaster were for claiming miller, for possibly having a powerful role, and a bandwagon by NQT, and I'm against letting people get away with lynching over trivialities.

Speaking of which, Toony, shame on you for putting someone at L-1 because "I think I'll add pressure."

Deathsword: Nice quickhammer bro. Looks like those questions of yours will go unanswered.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Final votecount:
Urist Imiknorris: Okami No Rei (1)
ToonyMan: Hapah (1)
Hapah: Urist Imiknorris (1)
Okami No Rei: Tiruin, Captain Ford, ToonyMan, Deathsword (4) <----Hammered

Day end flavour coming soon.  Note that no further votes count after a hammer.
Do masons know each other upon recruitment and who recruited them here? (excuse me if any of this is mentioned but it seems different given this context).
They know who the other recruited masons are, and they would presumably be able to tell from the quicktopic who the recruiter was.

Also, would a Mason Leader still appear as non-town upon investigation?
The Recruiting Mason role has no effect on investigations at all.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile

Well, that was rude.  I just now get back from work and I've already been hammered?
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okami No Rei smiled a serene smile at the angry group surrounding him.  He simply spread his arms and closed his eyes as a massive electrical shock ran through his body.

He fell to the ground, his flesh burnt to a crisp.  And then he got up again as if nothing was wrong.  A deathly hush fell over those gathered there as he once again smiled at them.

Okami No Rei has been lynched.

Okami No Rei has returned to life!

It is now night 2.  Please send me any actions you wish to perform within the next 24 hours.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Once again a body was found after the break.  This time it was Hapah's.

Hapah leaders were well-known for having strange hobbies, but this one seemed to take it further than most.  The red clothes and sack seemed to make it clear that he had been intent on delivering gifts that night.  Furthermore he appeared to have been carrying an empty can of gasoline.

It seemed that he wasn't KING MAFIA, but perhaps the other leaders felt safer with him dead.

Hapah has been killed.

He was an Arsonist Santa (town).

It is now Day 3.  With 6 alive it takes 4 votes to lynch.

Activity requirements are not enforced over the weekend.  The day will last for 48 hours after the weekend finishes.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Speaking of which, Toony, shame on you for putting someone at L-1 because "I think I'll add pressure."
Sorry, I thought that would put him at L-2 and didn't think Deathsword would just hammer him 30 minutes later.

Okami's still alive though so it sort of works out.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think we all pretty much forgot about Tiruin's vote on Okami. By the flow of the posting, it's pretty damn obvious that it was a simple blunder.

In any case, Okami, now you can answer those questions from yesterday.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Captain Ford
Of course. My brilliant plan to fish out Toony's role is to not ask him about it.

No, that's stupid.
Yup, stupid.
1. Why wouldn't I want to be on his good side? No seriously. This is a dumb question.
2. Because it kicked ass.
Aye, dumb question, and it did kick ass.

This is why I hate RVS (Or pseudo-RVS, in this case).  Everybody gets all uptight when you're questioning them over stupid stuff, when there's really nothing else to question anybody over.  You only ever pinged maybe a 2/10 on my Scumdar(TM) with those things, which normally wouldn't merit more than passing attention, but when everyone else is sitting at 0/10 or 1/10, the only thing to do is keep conversation going.

...really. You pick Hapah on the basis of an ability you suspect him to have, and not because he correctly picked out the king?
You've got your logic turned around there.  I picked Hapah because he correctly picked out the king, which means he got lucky, or he knows something.  I don't believe in luck, not in this game, so that leaves him knowing something.  So, he has an inspection, or he's damn good at finding scum.  Both are pluses I'd look for in a potential fellow mason.

Sounds to me like you're scum scanning for threats. I can't imagine anyone drawing that conclusion unless they were specifically trying to figure out who had investigative roles.
Sounds to me like I'm evaluating everyone from the perspective of a Recruiting Mason.  You know, the premise of the original question that started this line of conversation.  The question that you yourself asked me.  Of all people, you're the one I shouldn't have to explain this to.   So why are you ignoring your own question in order to devise a reason for me to be scum, Captain Ford?

Toony Man
Sorry, I thought that would put him at L-2 and didn't think Deathsword would just hammer him 30 minutes later.

Both you and Deathsword were, apparently, not thinking.  Or you're scum jumping on an easy lynch.  Why shouldn't I believe the latter?

That seems like a pretty bad thing!
A very bad thing, but I don't believe in playing this game conservatively.

Deathsword
Okami No Rei
Let me guess?  You didn't even realize you were hammering with that vote?

I don't believe it. 

What is this? Because I can assure you it's not an answer to this:
Okami: if you think Ford is both rolefishing and buddying, why just an FoS?
Answer it
Let me spell it out for you.

When I scumhunt, I work with what I have.  I didn't think Captain Ford was scum, he just happened to have dropped statements that were, by some stretch of the imagination, interpretable as scummy.  So I started a two-pronged attack.  On the one hand, I was getting the Captain to talk, which may or may not yield fruit, and on the other hand I was fishing for reactions from others by pushing hard on minimal evidence.  This sets the stage for either a Captain Ford bandwagon as scum jump on my investigation with nothing solid of their own, or an Okami No Rei bandwagon as white knight scum seek to defend him against my unjust assault, tripping over themselves in their eagerness to get an easy lynch.

What this looks like, to those who aren't in on the strategy, is a string of progressively more heated, loosely justified attacks on an individual during RVS, a situation analogous to slowly heating a frog.  It's my favored method of starting the game, because it tends to end RVS relatively quickly.

WIFOM
This is a game of information, and more information for everybody is invariably good.  If you ask me a theoretical question, as Captain Ford did, I will give the question thorough consideration, and answer it fully based on my current understanding of the situation.  If the unknown variables in said situation make the whole exercise look like WiFoM to you, then I say that's a problem with my own inability to distinguish WiFoM from gameplay analysis (a distinction I've never cared for, nor indeed pay any attention to).

Why? Afraid he'll expose your WIFOM for what it is?
My request for Hapah not to confirm or deny my speculation was there to make it explicitly clear that my speculation was not in any way an invitation or a request for him to reveal any information about his role.  While I'm sure he has the necessary judgement to be discreet on the matter, I did not want to take chances on even the slightest misinterpretation of my intent.  Thus the ham-handed request.

Were you angry at this point because you could no longer use that to drive a lynch on Toony?
I was angry because what I hoped would be an interesting line of conversation was cut short.

Are you claiming Mason Leader here?
Nonsense.  Captain Ford just asked me to pretend to be a Recruiting Mason as an RVS question, so I did.

Okami No Rei: I'd still have hammered NQT. NQT spent the majority of the day doing some serious rolefishing. Additionally, the votes on Toaster were for claiming miller, for possibly having a powerful role, and a bandwagon by NQT, and I'm against letting people get away with lynching over trivialities.
Thank you.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

ToonyMan
Both you and Deathsword were, apparently, not thinking.  Or you're scum jumping on an easy lynch.  Why shouldn't I believe the latter?
That wouldn't make sense, there's only one scum and I can't hope that Deathsword would blunder and quickhammer you.  Also scary FoS there.  OooOooO Okami Okami Okami

That seems like a pretty bad thing!
A very bad thing, but I don't believe in playing this game conservatively.
I think it's just because you had a revive.  Were you aware you had a revive?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Deathsword
Okami No Rei

I don't believe it. 
You don't have to believe it. At the moment I thought it would take 5 to hammer, not 4.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

After the break Toaster's body was found lying dead in the middle of the room.  His body seemed to have been burned by the self-immolation kit carried by Toaster leaders.
Lying next to him were some kind of explosive device and a syringe.  He seemed to have some kind of elaborate plan to use these as leverage to ensure his victory, but he was callously prevented from even explaining it to the rest of you.  And just as well - it seemed that a new round was starting.  The King was, once again, dead.

Toaster has been killed.
Nailed it.
From here I'm pretty sure that Hapah primed Toaster.  It would explain how Toaster died.

Deathsword
Okami No Rei
I don't believe it. 
You don't have to believe it. At the moment I thought it would take 5 to hammer, not 4.
Wait...not because you didn't count up the votes right??

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That wouldn't make sense, there's only one scum and I can't hope that Deathsword would blunder and quickhammer you.  Also scary FoS there.  OooOooO Okami Okami Okami
Somehow, all three of you forgot that the mason discussion was kicked off by Captain Ford's RVS question.  That means at least two of you weren't paying attention, and one of you is probably scum.  Captain Ford is just the most culpable since it was his question in the first place.

Anyway, as for you being scum, I'll give you that you can't hope for DS, or anyone else, to blunder and quickhammer, but Captain Ford did put together a rather compelling argument before I came back to pick it apart.  I see no reason not to believe that scum wouldn't open me up for hammering on the off chance that somebody in the town would get impatient, decide that they've seen enough, and hammer deliberately.

I think it's just because you had a revive.  Were you aware you had a revive?
No, I was not aware of it before, and I have not since received any information that would cast light on it.

And who, pray tell, are the other two people in this suddenly nine-player game?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You've got your logic turned around there.  I picked Hapah because he correctly picked out the king, which means he got lucky, or he knows something.  I don't believe in luck, not in this game, so
that leaves him knowing something.  So, he has an inspection, or he's damn good at finding scum.  Both are pluses I'd look for in a potential fellow mason.
What you said just now is not the same as what you said before. Your original answer focused entirely on him having an inspect. You never mentioned that his effectiveness in hunting scum was a factor.

Tell me how I'm not supposed to interpret "I'm fairly certain he has an inspect" as you picking him because you think he has an inspect?

So why are you ignoring your own question in order to devise a reason for me to be scum, Captain Ford?
I'm not. There was zero evidence of Hapah having an inspect. He didn't show any suspicion of Toaster until after Toaster claimed miller. He only unvoted with 20 minutes to spare, and he was clearly very reluctant to do so.

On top of that, you don't have to be cop to know what result you would have gotten on Toaster last night. As soon as Toaster claimed miller, any inspect results on him would have been thrown right out the window.

Also, you're objectively wrong, since he's flipped now.

You appeared to be looking for someone with an inspect and molding the evidence to fit your theory, rather than actually trying to draw conclusions from the evidence. It struck me that you might have already drawn that conclusion while looking for threats and simply reused it in this answer. It otherwise doesn't make any sense to me, as I explained above.

Spoiler: Boiling the Frog (click to show/hide)

PPE: Okami
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EBWOP: Just want to mention that something came up, and that's why I haven't responded to everybody just yet. I'll be back later tonight if possible.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EBWOP
No, I was not aware of it before, and I have not since received any private information that would cast light on it.
It may have been a gift from our Arsonist Santa.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41