Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72036 times)

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile

Didn't y'all just lynch NQT for, among other things, rolefishing?  What makes you think it's OK now?
Umm...correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that is the opposite of what I said.

For a direct answer: Yes we did, and nothing.
That makes it subtle rolefishing in the form of reverse psychology. 

Tsk, tsk.  Buddying now, too.  It's almost like you want us to think you're scum.  Is that what you want, Captain Ford?
No.
So why do you want to be on Hapah's good side?  Why would you be pushing that sense of camaraderie from the Toaster Takedown?

Okami No Rei: If you had a mason role, who would you recruit as your buddy today? Why?
I'd pick Hapah.  I am fairly certain that he has an inspect, since he tunneled Toaster in Round 1 and probably only let himself switch because the Miller claim threw doubt on the accuracy of his inspection.

Hapah - This is speculation on my part.  Please don't confirm or deny this.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Refresh Vote - Urist Imiknorris
Urist Imiknorris - If you had to hammer last round, who would you have picked, and why?

I don't have two votes.
Of course you don't.  Of course that had to be a mod error.
*kicks something*

Off to work now.  I'll monitor the thread, but I'll be PFP if I post at all until this evening.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Aghhh, must vote. Placeholder - Ford, I believe you're adding third party players in suspect of ToonyMan, eh?

Got fairly busy today...especially given my wake up time...My apologies :/

Toony: Why do you get a fanclub and I don't?
I think it's because he reminds her of her idol, Org.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((Oh sure. Pick ToonyMan :I

Which I do agree, he's quite more amiable nowadays :P))
PS: Love how you viewed everyone before even posting in the board - that's good use of knowledge right there.

You serious bro? @_@

Tiruin: Are you excited for the new round?
..That this is already the new round, yeah. Why?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Urist Imiknorris - If you had to hammer last round, who would you have picked, and why?
NQT for being the only one in hammer range.

Captain Ford:
Yo, Urist: If you entered this game as a miller, would you claim?
Yes. Also I'd be pissed.

Tiruin:
Because not being excited would be kind of a town tell.

Aghhh, must vote. Placeholder - Ford, I believe you're adding third party players in suspect of ToonyMan, eh?
Where was he doing this?

Hapah: Why are you whining about not having a fan club?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tiruin:
Because not being excited would be kind of a town tell.

Where was he doing this?

Hapah: Why are you whining about not having a fan club?
@First: Kind of a null tell actually - dependant on the person's personality. For me, tis a new round, new faces, new people, new tentative KotM candidate.

Its not like everyone should be that apathetic and then be likened to town >.>

@Second: Placeholder vote because of technical anti-lurk system. That's me poking at him for getting Quadressence to post.

Because I've re-read all those pages now. The joy of sleeping while everyone else is partying...Hold up while I get my post.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hapah: With the vote tied, yours went onto NQT at the time, could you define why you did so?

This had you vote for apparent technical reasons.

Ford: ((What votecount? The day just started.
Read-edit: Oops, saw it on Okami's post. I assumed the day ended via timer...as LS didn't post it down at day end.))

Ok...I dunno what's up with all that.
Quote from: LS' first post of the game
With 7 players alive it takes 4 votes to lynch.

> This is right.

So what were you and Okami thinking?

Okami: Boiling a frog?! Also, what'cha doin' with that false votecount, bro?

Spoiler: Deathsword OOC (click to show/hide)

Lastly. Miller =/= town-ish tell (Toaster was scum.). Yay for breaking unwritten code!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Unvote Deathsword
Spoiler: OOG (click to show/hide)
Deathsword, are you the King Mafia now?  Of course you are.
No.
Okay.

Anime avatar.

Okami No Rei: If you had a mason role, who would you recruit as your buddy today? Why?
I'd pick Hapah.  I am fairly certain that he has an inspect, since he tunneled Toaster in Round 1 and probably only let himself switch because the Miller claim threw doubt on the accuracy of his inspection.
I'm not sure if Captain Ford's question even matters here, because I'm pretty sure you can't recruit the King Mafia to your little club and with a new round started Hapah (or anyone) can easily be "the one" now.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Urist Imiknorris - Not quite what I meant.  Hapah had to switch votes in order to hammer NQT, because Tiruin wasn't there to break the tie.  Would you have hammered Toaster or NQT had you been in Tiruin's position?

So what were you and Okami thinking?

Okami: Boiling a frog?! Also, what'cha doin' with that false votecount, bro?
Tiruin - To the second, I quoted the votecount before Leafsnail edited it.  Toony originally showed two votes on that count.  I thought he'd slipped up and revealed part of his role by not unvoting first, but it was just a mod error.

To the first, do you know how to boil a live frog?  Look it up and see if that answers your question.

I'm not sure if Captain Ford's question even matters here, because I'm pretty sure you can't recruit the King Mafia to your little club and with a new round started Hapah (or anyone) can easily be "the one" now.
Recruiting as a mason carries the same risk now as it does any other time.  If you miss your guess and try to recruit the King, you die.  The only downside is that Mason only confirms town for one round, since afterward any of the masons recruited that round could roll KING MAFIA.  I consider that a risk worth taking to get a possible Inspect.  Worst that can happen is I die and go to the back of the line.

Relevant rules from the first post:
*snip*
*snip*

MOD:  Can a Mason Leader who is also KING MAFIA still recruit masons?  If so, will the recruited masons be (falsely) informed that the one who recruited them is town?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To the first, do you know how to boil a live frog?  Look it up and see if that answers your question.
Oh I know that process, however you didn't say it was live sir, oh no. You said frog, in general :I

Regardless, I...really don't get how that certain type of allegory (hope I used this right) matches your reason for FoS'ing the Captain here, though...it looks like you're trying to make some case over a trivial joke they have. A nice joke, somewhat disconcerting in a way, yeah, but...that's quite deep thinking over a superficial idea. Huh.

Urist Imiknorris - Not quite what I meant.  Hapah had to switch votes in order to hammer NQT, because Tiruin wasn't there to break the tie.  Would you have hammered Toaster or NQT had you been in Tiruin's position?
You're saying what he'd do if he was asleep? :P Or if he carried the votebreaker? Disregard, I'm just poking at this.

Because yeah, I was asleep. Long before stuff happened about Toaster and NQT.

To add:
MOD:  Can a Mason Leader who is also KING MAFIA still recruit masons?  If so, will the recruited masons be (falsely) informed that the one who recruited them is town?
What will this type of role show up on investigations?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Quadressence: please don't post here if you aren't a living player.  You're welcome to join if you really want to talk here.

Yes, the Mason Leader can recruit regardless of his alignment.  Masons are not told anything about each other's alignment, but masons who are recruited are effectively confirmed town for one round.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quadressence: please don't post here if you aren't a living player.  You're welcome to join if you really want to talk here.
I think she stopped as said in her last spoiler :P

Mod
Yes, the Mason Leader can recruit regardless of his alignment.  Masons are not told anything about each other's alignment, but masons who are recruited are effectively confirmed town for one round.
Do masons know each other upon recruitment and who recruited them here? (excuse me if any of this is mentioned but it seems different given this context).

Also, would a Mason Leader still appear as non-town upon investigation?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

Tiruin:
@Second: Placeholder vote because of technical anti-lurk system. That's me poking at him for getting Quadressence to post.
Uhh...what? Are you somehow holding me responsible for Quad's actions?

There's no way I could have predicted she would do that, or how she would react. And how could interactions with her have any meaning in the context of the game anyway?

Urist Imiknorris:
Yes. Also I'd be pissed.
No doubt. Unvote.

Okami No Rei:
That makes it subtle rolefishing in the form of reverse psychology. 
Of course. My brilliant plan to fish out Toony's role is to not ask him about it.

No, that's stupid.

So why do you want to be on Hapah's good side?  Why would you be pushing that sense of camaraderie from the Toaster Takedown?
1. Why wouldn't I want to be on his good side? No seriously. This is a dumb question.
2. Because it kicked ass.

...really. You pick Hapah on the basis of an ability you suspect him to have, and not because he correctly picked out the king?

Sounds to me like you're scum scanning for threats. I can't imagine anyone drawing that conclusion unless they were specifically trying to figure out who had investigative roles. Okami No Rei.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

...really. You pick Hapah on the basis of an ability you suspect him to have, and not because he correctly picked out the king?
Sounds to me like you're scum scanning for threats. I can't imagine anyone drawing that conclusion unless they were specifically trying to figure out who had investigative roles. Okami No Rei.
That is pretty compelling.  I think I'll add pressure, Okami no Rei.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Recruiting as a mason carries the same risk now as it does any other time.  If you miss your guess and try to recruit the King, you die.  The only downside is that Mason only confirms town for one round, since afterward any of the masons recruited that round could roll KING MAFIA.  I consider that a risk worth taking to get a possible Inspect.  Worst that can happen is I die and go to the back of the line.
That seems like a pretty bad thing!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Okami No Rei
I'm boiling the frog.
What is this? Because I can assure you it's not an answer to this:
Okami: if you think Ford is both rolefishing and buddying, why just an FoS?
Answer it

WIFOM

Why? Afraid he'll expose your WIFOM for what it is?

I don't have two votes.
Of course you don't.  Of course that had to be a mod error.
*kicks something*
Were you angry at this point because you could no longer use that to drive a lynch on Toony?

Relevant rules from the first post:
*snip*
*snip*
Are you claiming Mason Leader here?

Ford also makes a very good point

Spoiler: Deathsword OOC (click to show/hide)
This was in response to somebody's (can't remember who) question as to wheter you would appear before Day1 ended, since at the time the votes were tied and you were the only one not voting.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41