Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72173 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

I start my new work today, so in case I don't get to vote later:  Hapah, when in a game is it possible to first get reads on people?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Ford
ToonyMan:
My first post was a pretty simple scum-catch technique so I really expected a better response, you know?
No, I don't know.
You didn't vote me, so you clearly weren't serious. So I laughed and called it out as BS.
There was a night zero, so it was possible that you actually had something to share. I invited you to share it because I'm not psychic and I couldn't tell what kind of trap you were trying to catch me in.
It seems weird to adamantly demand proof how I know you're the KING Mafia.  That isn't insignificant at all.

Skimmed the thread so I have something to think about, and this sticks out like whoa:
I don't remember ever seeing a mafia claim Miller so Toaster is going to be town in my eyes unless everything else points otherwise.
Tiruin and NQT are also town in my mind thanks to Revolution.
This leaves:  Deathsword, Hapah, and Captain Ford.
Hapah had a fine first response and Deathsword hasn't struck anything on me right now so the process isn't hard to see here.
What is all this, Toony? How long do Tir and NQT get a free pass because of something that happened in another game?
(Also Dar fakeclaimed Kook in the last Paranormal)
I already explained this wasn't right, look at my posts right after where I rectify that.
(I wasn't in last Paranormal, read my post you quoted)

This also answers Tiruin's question because she wanted the same thing.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Reminder that you should vote today if you haven't already.  Even if it's to vote for the same person you already are.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Hapah:
Skimmed the thread so I have something to think about, and this sticks out like whoa:

So what did all your thinking amount to?

NQT:
I start my new work today, so in case I don't get to vote later:  Hapah, when in a game is it possible to first get reads on people?

Is all you have rolefish and RVS?  What's the scummiest thing you've seen so far?

Toony:  How do you deal with people who you mistakenly read as scummy?  (IE NQT and Tiruin)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

PFP

It seems weird to adamantly demand proof how I know you're the KING Mafia.  That isn't insignificant at all.
"Adamantly demand" != "You're wrong. But if you have something to claim, I'd like to hear it."

And I don't know why it seems weird. It's normal for accusations to come paired with reasoning.

What is all this, Toony? How long do Tir and NQT get a free pass because of something that happened in another game?
(Also Dar fakeclaimed Kook in the last Paranormal)
I already explained this wasn't right, look at my posts right after where I rectify that.
(I wasn't in last Paranormal, read my post you quoted)

This also answers Tiruin's question because she wanted the same thing.
No she didn't. "How does this help you find scum?" - Ring a bell?

ToonyMan. Do you think you could show a little more patience?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

PFP

Still on Deathsword

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Toony:  How do you deal with people who you mistakenly read as scummy?  (IE NQT and Tiruin)
I don't really know yet.  I sometimes right about Tiruin (Prince's Guard BUT THAT HURT ME REMEMBER) and sometimes wrong (whenever I'm actually town).  I just need to be more careful since I know people who aren't experts in English are going to have a harder time.

PFP
Why does everybody do this??  I know it means posting for prosperity I believe, but there's no reason to state your posts are gonna be half-assed.  You too Hapah and Tiruin!

"Adamantly demand" != "You're wrong. But if you have something to claim, I'd like to hear it."

And I don't know why it seems weird. It's normal for accusations to come paired with reasoning.
Nah uh, accusations don't need evidence.  Evidence != reasoning.

Why?  I want to roll for KING Mafia after lynching you.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Post from PHONE.  As in it's hard to type a lot.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I never thought of that okay, thanks.  Suddenly everything makes sense.  I think this proves how mobile-less I am.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This or Posting From Profession.

Meaning you're really busy and have to do something else at the moment//Too tired to give a direct post as fatigue may affect your comprehension skills//Busy and strained for time...

That.

I don't really know yet.  I sometimes right about Tiruin (Prince's Guard BUT THAT HURT ME REMEMBER) and sometimes wrong (whenever I'm actually town).  I just need to be more careful since I know people who aren't experts in English are going to have a harder time.
To tell you: You are right in guessing my alignment now (but that won't stop speculation anyway...Also sorry back then :/ And possibly now due to that last sentence)...

PPE: You

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

@Tiruin:
What usually gets me is when you make a statement I don't understand and think is completely wrong (thus label you scum).  I think Toaster and I can agree that your insistence on there being only one spy in the first failed mission in Revolution didn't mean you knew because you were scum, but that's what you strongly felt.  Which totally screwed me up.  THAT is what I want to avoid falling prey on.

So in other words, misunderstanding aren't scum-tells (usually).  I have to get clear answers.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Will post after work.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Tiruin: yeah, you're right. My actions have been somewhat lazy and minimal. I tend to let real life get to me a bit too much.

ToonyMan:
So your reads at that point on them were based on meta?

notquitethere
Hapah, not that I'm fishing or anything but it would seem you must have a very powerful role for Miller to be added as a debuff. Is this a reasonable assumption?
Was supped to be directed at Toaster. Rolefishing and WIFOM.

Ford, I don't know about you, but this was the first game I've been in where I've got to chose my role. The choice was daunting. I won't ask what you picked but I will ask by what metric you made your choice.
Rolefishing, trying to determine what kind of role Ford might have picked.

I'm not trying to divide or divine anything really, just trying to get a feel for how everyone else feels about this mode (that I'm new to).
You could totally do that without blatantly rolefishing.

Also, I noticed you directed that last question at Deathsword, but enclosed his name in img tags instead of bold. I'm surprised that Toaster didn't notice that since it was clearly visible in his own post.
But you see Ford, if role-fishing is blatant then it can't really be role-fishing as I could neither want nor expect anyone to take the bait. Is any discussion of roles (i.e. any discussion of the nature of this game-mode) automatically suspicious? As for the misbolding: serves me right for trying to play mafia on my phone.[/quote]
Horrible, horrible WIFOM

Deathsword
Town should cooperate because none of them is king and, thus, unable to win. By killing the King, a new round starts.
I believe you have the right of it, and I will try to co-operate with all of you until a round comes when I am king. Sound fair?
So you will be helpful to everyone unless you are king, at which point you will stop being helpful. Unless you decide to pretend you are helpful. More wine.

Hapah, when in a game is it possible to first get reads on people?
Not wine. RVS question outside of RVS (I believe we are already out of it)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tiruin: yeah, you're right. My actions have been somewhat lazy and minimal. I tend to let real life get to me a bit too much.
TBH, this was the first thing that popped into mind regarding me mulling over your attitude during the game here...

And I was right (:D), still doesn't excuse how you...reasoned though. But for that very purpose right there [Yeah, making a case based on RL? No.] unvote.

Ford
What seems wrong with being enthusiastic that I see the Toony is?

Your vote seems like an OMGUS - however you're relating patience to...what now? That seems confusing. What I see it as, is that you're interpreting him wanting to get to day end by the definition of patience.

What's up?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

So your reads at that point on them were based on meta?
That post is a bit old, simply put I need to be a bit more understanding with the language barrier.  Although NQT's rolefishing this game has been alarming.  If I wasn't voting Ford I would be doing NQT.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41