Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72094 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

ToonyMan:
Tiruin and NQT are also town in my mind thanks to Revolution.
...so you suck at reading people, so instead of trying to get better at it, you hold grudges?
It's safer to assume they're town so I don't go "they're totally acting scummy" and go for easy-lynch.  That's a pretty fast way to lose.  So no, I don't plan on voting them, today at least.  It's hard to even call that a grudge, and more an improvement process.

Hapah had a fine first response and Deathsword hasn't struck anything on me right now so the process isn't hard to see here.
So you're voting me for ... what, exactly? Not being you?
How clever, it's because I'm town and you're the only one left that can't be town, keep up!  My first post was a pretty simple scum-catch technique so I really expected a better response, you know?

@every question Tiruin has asked me:
Okay.  You're likely town so you don't need to win favors on me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Sorry I'm not feeling well.  I'll overlook everything better tomorrow or something.  I don't mean to just set off Tiruin and NQT into special sections.  But I do feel that Toaster's Miller claim is most most likely genuine (which means he's town).  And I do feel that Captain Ford is being a bit too on-edge.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Deathsword: because town can't win in this game (it only ends when the King wins), is there any reason for town to co-operate overly?
Fail bolding is fail.

Town should cooperate because none of them is king and, thus, unable to win. By killing the King, a new round starts.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deathsword:
Ford: Are you the mafia king?
Nope. Are you?
No. unvote
No vote for anyone else after that...strange RVS vote? Why?
You call that question strange as if you have never seen a "are you scum?" question, Tiruin. And I am sure you have seen that question many times. Say, why that question and vote strange?
Dude. You just wasted a whole RL day with only that question and you're not branching out. I've seen that question asked many times before - I've had that question posed at me many times before (because Tiruin is always scum and all that [was like an in-joke due to the fact that the recent games I was in always in and won popped with me being scum.])

But yeah. What are you even doing to scumhunt DS?
Nice dodge. Tell me, as I asked before, why that question I asked Ford, a question you have seen so many times, is strange.
[/quote]
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Captain Ford
notquitethere:
Ford, I don't know about you, but this was the first game I've been in where I've got to chose my role. The choice was daunting. I won't ask what you picked but I will ask by what metric you made your choice.
First thing that stood out to me. As the last player to sign up, I was in a bit of a time crunch.
A reasonable and understandably unenlightening response. In case you were wondering, I chose the role that made me grin the most. Think of that what you will.

I'm not trying to divide or divine anything really, just trying to get a feel for how everyone else feels about this mode (that I'm new to).
You could totally do that without blatantly rolefishing.

Also, I noticed you directed that last question at Deathsword, but enclosed his name in img tags instead of bold. I'm surprised that Toaster didn't notice that since it was clearly visible in his own post.
But you see Ford, if role-fishing is blatant then it can't really be role-fishing as I could neither want nor expect anyone to take the bait. Is any discussion of roles (i.e. any discussion of the nature of this game-mode) automatically suspicious? As for the misbolding: serves me right for trying to play mafia on my phone.

Tiruin
Stop saying things like this
Duly noted.
Duly what? Hapah didn't even state he was a miller anywhere. Toaster did.
Sorry: a Britishism I expect. 'Duly' means 'in accordance with what is appropriate', and noted 'made a note of', so 'duly noted' in this context means, 'in accordance with what is appropriate, I have made a note of what you just said', and it implies (as is appropriate) that I will take on board the criticism in future. The benefit was, I could say all that in two words instead of 16. I got Hapah and Toaster mixed up: again, it serves me right for trying to play this game on my phone.

NQT, what are you even doing here? Pre-game investigation?
I believe, and please correct me if I'm mistaken, that the best way to try to win this game is to know as much about the game and what people believe about the game. As this information is gathered on this public thread, the results are shared with all, so any pre-game investigation is to everyone's benefit.

Deathsword
Town should cooperate because none of them is king and, thus, unable to win. By killing the King, a new round starts.
I believe you have the right of it, and I will try to co-operate with all of you until a round comes when I am king. Sound fair?

Hapah
Hapah, not that I'm fishing or anything but it would seem you must have a very powerful role for Miller to be added as a debuff. Is this a reasonable assumption?
You're pointing that question the wrong way, stranger.
One thousand apologies.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Deathsword:
Nope. Are you?
No. unvote
You call that question strange as if you have never seen a "are you scum?" question, Tiruin. And I am sure you have seen that question many times. Say, why that question and vote strange?
Dude. You just wasted a whole RL day with only that question and you're not branching out. I've seen that question asked many times before - I've had that question posed at me many times before (because Tiruin is always scum and all that [was like an in-joke due to the fact that the recent games I was in always in and won popped with me being scum.])

Nice dodge. Tell me, as I asked before, why that question I asked Ford, a question you have seen so many times, is strange.
...Now you're just getting on my nerves.

I mean, what would that question accomplish? In most games - town or mafia would respond with a 'No' when asked "U mafia, bro?" Here, you did such.

The point of my question is, YOU'RE NOT DOING ANYTHING ELSE BUT THAT. Hello vote -> people for nonsensical questions.

Feels to me like you're just burning time for the night so you can kill, DS. Like I said, what have you done, and why are you falsely accusing me of what you're doing?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deathsword:
Nope. Are you?
No. unvote

...Now you're just getting on my nerves.

I mean, what would that question accomplish? In most games - town or mafia would respond with a 'No' when asked "U mafia, bro?" Here, you did such.

The point of my question is, YOU'RE NOT DOING ANYTHING ELSE BUT THAT. Hello vote -> people for nonsensical questions.

Feels to me like you're just burning time for the night so you can kill, DS. Like I said, what have you done, and why are you falsely accusing me of what you're doing?
I am not accusing you of that Tiruin. I am accusing you of finding strange a question that has been used more time than I care to count.

And how am I not doing anything else? Am I not pressuring you over your reaction to that question?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Deathsword
I believe you have the right of it, and I will try to co-operate with all of you until a round comes when I am king. Sound fair?
Well that's good, it'll be easier to tell if you're mafia.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

Deathsword:
Dude, she DID just answer your question. Your question was strange because you hadn't done jack shit besides.

notquitethere:
But you see Ford, if role-fishing is blatant then it can't really be role-fishing as I could neither want nor expect anyone to take the bait. Is any discussion of roles (i.e. any discussion of the nature of this game-mode) automatically suspicious? As for the misbolding: serves me right for trying to play mafia on my phone.
Hard Lesson #1: Never assume that people will realize that something shouldn't be taken at face value. This is mafia. Anything you say can and will be used against you.

And the hard truth is that the answers to those questions WOULD hint at what role we chose. Can you actually look at those questions and honestly tell me that the answers wouldn't narrow down the list of possibilities?

Note that I specifically gave an answer that -- while truthful -- revealed nothing.

Hard Lesson #2: Actions speak louder than words. You talk a good show, NQT, but rolefishing isn't a good way to win people over. Everyone here is "in it to win it", and giving up our role gives up an advantage.

Realize that when a round ends, people left alive keep their role and any abilities they have left. If we manage to survive this round and get to the next, we want to keep every advantage we can. You are asking people to disadvantage themselves in the long term for the gain of everyone else in the short term.

And I think that tells you quite a bit about how I (and probably others) view this game.

ToonyMan:
My first post was a pretty simple scum-catch technique so I really expected a better response, you know?
No, I don't know.

You didn't vote me, so you clearly weren't serious. So I laughed and called it out as BS.

There was a night zero, so it was possible that you actually had something to share. I invited you to share it because I'm not psychic and I couldn't tell what kind of trap you were trying to catch me in.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EBWOP:
Note that I specifically gave an answer that -- while truthful -- revealed nothing.
Hmm...you did already notice that, actually. I missed that part. One of the hazards of quote pyramids.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Votecount:
notquitethere: Tiruin, Toaster
Captain Ford: ToonyMan
Toaster: Hapah
Hapah: notquitethere
Not voting: Captain Ford, Deathsword

Reminder: Activity rules start tomorrow.  Remember to vote!

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EBWOP2: Somehow I also missed a set of replies between DS and Tiruin. *facepalm* Still, my earlier response stands.

(Note: I took a 7-hour break in writing this for D&D)

I am not accusing you of that Tiruin. I am accusing you of finding strange a question that has been used more time than I care to count.
This argument is completely nonsensical. Tiruin very clearly said that your VOTE was strange. It's even clearly visible in your enormous quote pyramid:

But even so, what does that accusation even mean? Why are you accusing her of it?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Skimmed the thread so I have something to think about, and this sticks out like whoa:

I don't remember ever seeing a mafia claim Miller so Toaster is going to be town in my eyes unless everything else points otherwise.

Tiruin and NQT are also town in my mind thanks to Revolution.

This leaves:  Deathsword, Hapah, and Captain Ford.

Hapah had a fine first response and Deathsword hasn't struck anything on me right now so the process isn't hard to see here.
What is all this, Toony? How long do Tir and NQT get a free pass because of something that happened in another game?

(Also Dar fakeclaimed Kook in the last Paranormal)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

PFP

DS: You've giving trivial reasons over trivial questions - something now blown up into a case against you, and you handwave it. What I'm pointing at is that yo-
Deathsword:
Dude, she DID just answer your question. Your question was strange because you hadn't done jack shit besides.
This!

You haven't done anything. Saying a weak "And how am I not doing anything else? Am I not pressuring you over your reaction to that question?" is illogical. How are you pressuring me when in that sense, you're diverting and evading every question I asked you. Oh yes, I'm pressured though, but under the pressure of RL exams - just enough to tell you that you're not playing a very good game. Lazy.

Though...given that, if you were mafia, then...well, that has my vote for worst king ever.

What in the world is wrong with you and why aren't you branching out in your queries?

But even so, what does that accusation even mean? Why are you accusing her of it?
I think you're talking to DS there? O_o

Or...its just me and skimming to make connection in your paragraph there.
EBWOP2: Somehow I also missed a set of replies between DS and Tiruin. *facepalm* Still, my earlier response stands.

Anyway, Toony: Whether town or scum, that game last time (where I now see the reason why you're putting me and NQT under the town folder) does not qualify us to not be questioned by you. Actually, I believe that game was lost wholly due to me. I knew LS was scum. Later in the day - near final day end, he was attacking NQT and supporting Nerjin. That was his loophole and I missed it.

So in short, I'm also interested in Hapah's question to you there (sorry btw if you still have the same impression about my posts being "confusing" all the time :/)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can see why that might confuse you. Read it like this:

This argument is completely nonsensical. Tiruin very clearly said that your VOTE was strange. It's even clearly visible in your enormous quote pyramid:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41