Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72075 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Tiruin, have you played in similar set-ups before? If so, what role did you pick and why?
Yep. In that other KotM "wherein Leafsnail dethroned Webadict and everyone played their worst" -- Bookthras (:P)

I was a delayer. I got daykilled before I could say anything about who I delayed. I picked a delayer because its a dual purpose role if/either KM or town, but its an aid moreso to town because it can fully delay a NK.

What information can you gain from this, NQT? Why are you asking Toaster his dietary needs and not mine? :I

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Deathsword:
Ford: Are you the mafia king?
Nope. Are you?
No. unvote
No vote for anyone else after that...strange RVS vote? Why?
You call that question strange as if you have never seen a "are you scum?" question, Tiruin. And I am sure you have seen that question many times. Say, why that question and vote strange?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Unvote Hapah
I hate you Hapah for making me lose BYOR11.
I had to play the hand I was dealt, yeah? (Though FYI, I was prepared to off myself if you ALL voted to lynch me. It seemed the only sporting thing to do. I had the pic to post with it and everything, lol)
Good answer.

Toony:
How does this help find scum? Why do you hate Hapah?
WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO ASK QUESTIONS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED??  You're wasting my time here.

Toony, what are your views on using rhubarb in desserts?
Screw you!

Awfully eager to deny it, aren't you?
Hey, "know" is a pretty strong word. If he's got incontrovertible proof, I wanna hear it. Especially since it can only be wrong.
Yeah totally.  Captain Ford.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

: because town can't win in this game (it only ends when the King wins), is there any reason for town to co-operate overly?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Hapah, not that I'm fishing or anything but it would seem you must have a very powerful role for Miller to be added as a debuff. Is this a reasonable assumption?
Stop saying things like this

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Hapah, not that I'm fishing or anything but it would seem you must have a very powerful role for Miller to be added as a debuff. Is this a reasonable assumption?
You're pointing that question the wrong way, stranger.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

NQT:

Tiruin, have you played in similar set-ups before? If so, what role did you pick and why?

Ford, I don't know about you, but this was the first game I've been in where I've got to chose my role. The choice was daunting. I won't ask what you picked but I will ask by what metric you made your choice.

Triple rolefish combo!

: because town can't win in this game (it only ends when the King wins), is there any reason for town to co-operate overly?

Wow.  NQT, why are you trying to divide the town against itself?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Duly noted.

NQT:

Ford, I don't know about you, but this was the first game I've been in where I've got to chose my role. The choice was daunting. I won't ask what you picked but I will ask by what metric you made your choice.

Triple rolefish combo!

Wow.  NQT, why are you trying to divide the town against itself?
Bwuhahaha, I thought the rhubarb question would throw you all off but you saw through my dastardly scheme. I'm not trying to divide or divine anything really, just trying to get a feel for how everyone else feels about this mode (that I'm new to).

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

Tiruin:
Ford: You're quite eager and ecstatic this time, why's that? Also, given a choice of an inspect, a roleblock or a redirect, as mafia, what would you use during the first night?
1. I was in a playful mood. I wouldn't say I'm ecstatic. I'm actually under a lot of stress, considering I ran out of money last week and I have no idea how I'm going to get out of debt now.
2. I'd kill, of course. But if I could also do one of those other things, I'd redirect. It's as good as a roleblock and has the benefit of possibly incriminating somebody else. What am I going to do with an inspect result as mafia?

notquitethere:
First thing that stood out to me. As the last player to sign up, I was in a bit of a time crunch.

Toaster:
I didn't pick miller.  It got attached.
So you didn't pick it for investigation immunity?

ToonyMan:
Fact: I have the most posts in every game I've played in (per day, for games I didn't play all the way through).
Fact: This is because I have more time to waste than you.
Fact: That is completely independent of my alignment.
Got anything else?

notquitethere:
I'm not trying to divide or divine anything really, just trying to get a feel for how everyone else feels about this mode (that I'm new to).
You could totally do that without blatantly rolefishing.

Also, I noticed you directed that last question at Deathsword, but enclosed his name in img tags instead of bold. I'm surprised that Toaster didn't notice that since it was clearly visible in his own post.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Ford:
Toaster:
I didn't pick miller.  It got attached.
So you didn't pick it for investigation immunity?

Right.  A role that is useless 6/7ths of the time?  No thanks.

Also, I noticed you directed that last question at Deathsword, but enclosed his name in img tags instead of bold. I'm surprised that Toaster didn't notice that since it was clearly visible in his own post.

I noticed it.  I don't see why it was worth mentioning, though.  How dare he hit the IMG tag button that is immediately under the bold button?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

ToonyMan:
Fact: I have the most posts in every game I've played in (per day, for games I didn't play all the way through).
Got anything else?
I don't think I could top the number of facts you got backing you up Mafia King!

I noticed it.  I don't see why it was worth mentioning, though.  How dare he hit the IMG tag button that is immediately under the bold button?
It's true, NQT didn't fix it again when quoting himself and Toaster, he must be mafia!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I don't remember ever seeing a mafia claim Miller so Toaster is going to be town in my eyes unless everything else points otherwise.

Tiruin and NQT are also town in my mind thanks to Revolution.

This leaves:  Deathsword, Hapah, and Captain Ford.

Hapah had a fine first response and Deathsword hasn't struck anything on me right now so the process isn't hard to see here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ToonyMan:
Got anything else?
I don't think I could top the number of facts you got backing you up Mafia King!
> Snip to original quote.
I already know Ford is the KING Mafia, but I need to settle this grudge match first.  Admit defeat Hapah and vote yourself or I'm not budging.
Haha ... I'm not. So if you've got something to claim, let's hear it.

Awfully eager to deny it, aren't you?
@Toony: So at the time you said this, I was under the impression that you 'knew' based on Ford's attitude...being overtly happy. My strange way of analysis, but it comes with what is generally seen @scum/non-cautious town anyway.

So...how do you know?

>.>

Wait...this is based on how I'm posting? I felt that you were tagging me as scum in that game - or vague town. I just can't understand this, your read is based on meta?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

PFP - My previous post is also PFP

Toaster:
I at first thought it would alter the meaning of both his post and yours. But looking back on it, it doesn't really.

Right.  A role that is useless 6/7ths of the time?  No thanks.
One could argue that it's valuable all the time, since when you're town, investigators won't waste their actions on you. And of course that isn't the only thing you can do. You wouldn't have claimed it was attached to something if you didn't have other abilities to prove it.

... which actually, is a remarkably strong argument that you're telling the truth. Hmm. Unvote.

PPE: ToonyMan x2

ToonyMan:
...so you suck at reading people, so instead of trying to get better at it, you hold grudges?

Hapah had a fine first response and Deathsword hasn't struck anything on me right now so the process isn't hard to see here.
So you're voting me for ... what, exactly? Not being you?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deathsword:
Ford: Are you the mafia king?
Nope. Are you?
No. unvote
No vote for anyone else after that...strange RVS vote? Why?
You call that question strange as if you have never seen a "are you scum?" question, Tiruin. And I am sure you have seen that question many times. Say, why that question and vote strange?
Dude. You just wasted a whole RL day with only that question and you're not branching out. I've seen that question asked many times before - I've had that question posed at me many times before (because Tiruin is always scum and all that [was like an in-joke due to the fact that the recent games I was in always in and won popped with me being scum.])

But yeah. What are you even doing to scumhunt DS?

Duly noted.
Duly what? Hapah didn't even state he was a miller anywhere. Toaster did.

NQT, what are you even doing here? Pre-game investigation?

What am I going to do with an inspect result as mafia?
Multiple choice type question. Its a list of probable actions you could do - the answer is the one that matters. But yeah, that type of question was mostly due to another game: Roguelike Mafia wherein one role [the Paladin] makes the user pop out as town in inspections regardless of their alignment and they've an item that inspects others. Items = actions here.

Toony:
How does this help find scum? Why do you hate Hapah?
WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO ASK QUESTIONS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED??  You're wasting my time here.
Woah there tiger, I'm curious. That was your first post of the day and the proceeding ones didn't help answer that. Well, ok, the latter question was answered (because he made you lose and all) but not the former.

PPE Ford
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41