Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72068 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

I was actually curious if he was going to make statistics part of his meta.
I think he already has.

Oh right, a quick note on night action feedback.  It's the same as Xylbot but it's occurred to me almost no-one is familiar with Xylbot anymore.  Basically you'll receive a PM back from me if:

- Your role changes in any way
- You are blocked (but not if your actions are stopped in any other way)
- You are receiving an inspection result

Otherwise you will not receive a PM.
Uhh ... so what about rules clarifications?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Those apply to night action feedback, you can still receive answers to questions.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm less confrontational than most, but I'd like to think I still get results.
Can't argue with you there.

Those apply to night action feedback, you can still receive answers to questions.
*phew* Gods, actually having a bot for a mod sounds like it would be awful.

...that said, I might go to #mafia to try it sometime.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I hate you Hapah for making me lose BYOR11.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*gasp* ToonyMan.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I already know Ford is the KING Mafia, but I need to settle this grudge match first.  Admit defeat Hapah and vote yourself or I'm not budging.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I already know Ford is the KING Mafia, but I need to settle this grudge match first.  Admit defeat Hapah and vote yourself or I'm not budging.
Haha ... I'm not. So if you've got something to claim, let's hear it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

It's pretty simple, you've posted like a dozen times since the game has started.  A little excited aren't you?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes. :3

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I am a Miller.

Oh right, a quick note on night action feedback.  It's the same as Xylbot but it's occurred to me almost no-one is familiar with Xylbot anymore.  Basically you'll receive a PM back from me if:

- Your role changes in any way
- You are blocked (but not if your actions are stopped in any other way)
- You are receiving an inspection result

Otherwise you will not receive a PM.

All:  It's worth noting that you will NOT be informed if you're redirected.  That said, if you submit Anarchist, you're an asshole.

Tiruin:  What effect will a no-kill N0 have on RVS?

Ford:
Toaster: You'll do. You're the ruthless dictator of a small island nation, when the president of the united states flies out to your island and demands a roleclaim, or he'll get you lynched. What is the proper response?

I'm not adverse to claiming under pressure.  I won't do it right offhand, but if the aggressor is clearly not going to back down, I will claim.

Actually, Toaster, disregard that, I have a better question.

The last KotM tournament started with a discussion about whether or not to roleclaim at the beginning. At that time, the consensus was not to, since it made the tournament drag on. What are your thoughts on it now?

I'll answer it anyway and you'll like it.

D1 roleclaims tend to turn the game away from cerebral day play into prearranged night action logic puzzle.  It's two different games, and I think the best plan is to not roleclaim early.  The first (13? 18? First thread, anyway) rounds of Web's game dragged because the scum were generally bad at fakeclaiming to break the puzzle (and everyone picking PGO making it boring.)  With only seven players, there's more room to get into people's heads.

Haha ... I'm not. So if you've got something to claim, let's hear it.

Awfully eager to deny it, aren't you?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awfully eager to deny it, aren't you?
Hey, "know" is a pretty strong word. If he's got incontrovertible proof, I wanna hear it. Especially since it can only be wrong.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Ford: You're quite eager and ecstatic this time, why's that? Also, given a choice of an inspect, a roleblock or a redirect, as mafia, what would you use during the first night?

Toaster: If you were mafia and someone landed an inspect on you (having claimed miller earlier), how would you respond?

Hapah: Given the many power roles to pick, do you think picking an inspector role would have an advantage over the rest in finding the KM?

Deathsword:
Ford: Are you the mafia king?
Nope. Are you?
No. unvote
No vote for anyone else after that...strange RVS vote? Why?

Toony:
How does this help find scum? Why do you hate Hapah?

Leafsnail: Love the flavor.

PPE: Toaster

Tiruin- I know you like to roleclaim. Will you do it here?
Depends on the situation meaning yes, preferably later on in game.

That there are no kills at all, but people may still act given the night. Meaning added information.

All:  It's worth noting that you will NOT be informed if you're redirected.  That said, if you submit Anarchist, you're an asshole.
How is this the case? So if I'm an Anarchist, that makes me...what? Reading it up, its a 50% on everyone.

Yes. :3
Toony, that's Ford for you. He does that. And I'm quite unsure how excitement = scumtell.

Tiruin: If you were bruce wayne, would you try to get your buddy lynched?
If I was...wait, why would I get robin lynched?

Oh, the role. No. I'll only gain powers if my buddy dies - not lynched...I think. If lynch = powers, then still no. I don't know what batman does (part of my answer is based on the reward) but if it comes down to killing a player for powers, that's a direct no for me.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

I had to play the hand I was dealt, yeah? (Though FYI, I was prepared to off myself if you ALL voted to lynch me. It seemed the only sporting thing to do. I had the pic to post with it and everything, lol)

I am a Miller.
Damnit, Toaster. All the roles on that list and you go with a freaking Miller? Why?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Tiruin:
Toaster: If you were mafia and someone landed an inspect on you (having claimed miller earlier), how would you respond?

"Why'd you inspect me, you dumbass?"

That there are no kills at all, but people may still act given the night. Meaning added information.

How is this the case? So if I'm an Anarchist, that makes me...what? Reading it up, its a 50% on everyone.

Noted.

Anarchist makes all inspections pretty much useless.

Hapah:
I am a Miller.
Damnit, Toaster. All the roles on that list and you go with a freaking Miller? Why?

I didn't pick miller.  It got attached.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Hapah, not that I'm fishing or anything but it would seem you must have a very powerful role for Miller to be added as a debuff. Is this a reasonable assumption?

Tiruin, have you played in similar set-ups before? If so, what role did you pick and why?

Ford, I don't know about you, but this was the first game I've been in where I've got to chose my role. The choice was daunting. I won't ask what you picked but I will ask by what metric you made your choice.

Toony, what are your views on using rhubarb in desserts?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41