Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72005 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 3 - Return of the King (always in signups)
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 08:35:01 pm »

Yeah, I was wondering if you could get away with not voting someone by recasting Unvote.

Or by casting Deathsword, then Unvote.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 08:59:08 pm »

Yeah you can vote and unvote.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 09:15:46 pm »

Locking the thread for night 0 - role PMs will be sent out shortly.  Note that on night 0 all killing abilities are disabled.  Please submit your actions promptly (within 24 hours).

All town players will have the following line at the bottom of their role PM:
To win you must first become KING MAFIA.
It should also be noted that the KING MAFIA was randomly selected after role assignment.

All role PMs are now out - contact me if you have any problems.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:28:28 pm by Leafsnail »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With the previous King's name extinguished a new game began to choose his successor.  Seven of the highest ranking mafia generals had arrived at the remote warehouse location for the chance to become the King - and many more were ready to move in if these people failed.

The Toaster family had a proud history of arson and blackmail.  It was rumoured that the Toaster head could have any building on the planet on fire within an hour if he so chose.  The current leader had a somewhat worrying habit of fiddling with his lighter when bored.

notquitethere was a relative newcomer to the scene, but had already made a name for himself through through his ability to avoid any kind of detection.  Indeed, this was the first time anyone there had even seen the guy - many of them had previously begun to doubt his existence.

Deathsword was the name given to the leader of a loose grouping of assassins.  They were famous for big, flashy killings, never being taken alive and dying relatively frequently.  The Deathsword standing there looked uncomfortable - probably something to do with his weapon being confiscated.

Protocol required all those taking on the name Hapah to dress well and speak softly, but anyone with experience with the family knew that this was merely a front..  This Hapah was a well-known socialite and businessman by day, and a ruthless mafia kingpin by night.  Everyone in that room knew to be weary of him.

The Tiruin family had stood for a long time, and controlled a sizable chunk of the mafia's assets.  The current leader was known for two reasons: firstly, her deceptively cheery demeanor, and secondly her ability to never overlook a minor detail.

The rumours surrounding the ToonyMan family were as varied as they were ridiculous.  The most persistent one related to the family island and the possibility of giant robot related activity there.  The current ToonyMan's dress sense did little to discourage that rumour, but perhaps that was intentional.

Captain Ford was the head of a corrupt junta group.  The military might he controlled was terrifying, and he had demonstrated his cunning and ruthlessness by rising to the top of his own organization and overthrowing the local government.

With these players the fight for the crown began.

Deadline is around 96 hours away.  Note that the activity rules do not apply over weekends.

With 7 players alive it takes 4 votes to lynch.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oooh, wow. That's some nice flavor. What a nice surprise. :)

Time to get this baby started. *cracks knuckles*

Dariush, you're the ruthless dictator of a small island nation, when ...

Oh wait, he's not here. Hmm...

Toaster: You'll do. You're the ruthless dictator of a small island nation, when the president of the united states flies out to your island and demands a roleclaim, or he'll get you lynched. What is the proper response?

notquitethere: Do you think there is any advantage to being voteless?

Tiruin: If you were bruce wayne, would you try to get your buddy lynched?
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, Toaster, disregard that, I have a better question.

The last KotM tournament started with a discussion about whether or not to roleclaim at the beginning. At that time, the consensus was not to, since it made the tournament drag on. What are your thoughts on it now?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Ford: the only benefit I can see is maybe not having to declare a vote everyday. Unless no having a vote synergises well with some obscure role?

Hapah- If you're not Kingmafia, what's your plan for becoming King?

Tiruin- I know you like to roleclaim. Will you do it here?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Hapah- If you're not Kingmafia, what's your plan for becoming King?
Spoiler: My Battle Plan (click to show/hide)
It's pretty much the same as any other game, isn't it? Find scum, kill scum. Though I suppose the game will end up being a little more hostile, since the range of roles is too wide and the number of players too small to cater to my usual playstyle.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ford: the only benefit I can see is maybe not having to declare a vote everyday. Unless no having a vote synergises well with some obscure role?
That is a much better answer than the one NativeForeigner gave last time. I'd unvote you, but I didn't vote you in the first place. :/

But another question then: Do you think vote analysis is going to help you this game?

Hapah: So your usual playstyle involves flying under the radar, then?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Ford: Are you the mafia king?

Hapah: How do you think the usual situation of nobody suspecting you will change with only 6 other players, if at all?

NQT: Shall you try to use statistics to find scum in this game like you did in others?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

But another question then: Do you think vote analysis is going to help you this game?
NQT: Shall you try to use statistics to find scum in this game like you did in others?
In a word: no. I think my kewl powerz and a bit of luck are the only things I have going for me here. There's only one scum and so many unknown factors due to all the possible roles. I will continue to try to be logical and not make dodgy inferences.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope. Are you?

Your disdain is very obvious in the way you've worded this question. Trying to paint him as a hopeless newb?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Hapah: So your usual playstyle involves flying under the radar, then?
It's not intentional, but it seems to happen. What I meant, though, is that I'm not typically the sort of player that leans on someone until the break. I like to put together all the pieces and see what doesn't quite fit (examples: calling out Tolyk in BYOC, calling out Tolyk on his fakeclaim in a BYOR [the one where he was Meph], pegging Toaster as the Exty a few Paranormal's ago). I'm less confrontational than most, but I'd like to think I still get results.

Hapah: How do you think the usual situation of nobody suspecting you will change with only 6 other players, if at all?
I imagine people will be a little more critical. It's a good thing, though.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Nope. Are you?
No. unvote

Your disdain is very obvious in the way you've worded this question. Trying to paint him as a hopeless newb?
It was actually a sad attempt at snark. There was no disdain involved. NQT has proved he is no newb in the games he's been in. I was actually curious if he was going to make statistics part of his meta.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh right, a quick note on night action feedback.  It's the same as Xylbot but it's occurred to me almost no-one is familiar with Xylbot anymore.  Basically you'll receive a PM back from me if:

- Your role changes in any way
- You are blocked (but not if your actions are stopped in any other way)
- You are receiving an inspection result

Otherwise you will not receive a PM.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41