Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 3 - Game over!  (Read 72025 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Hapah:
No, I just forgot that my vote doesn't stick unless I refresh it.

Yes, but-

Wait, what?  I could have sworn that you just had to vote every 24 hours, not that the votes fell off if you didn't.  Leafsnail, could you please clarify?

Still, you must not be looking very hard if you're voting me solely on a miller claim.

To be sure, I'm still voting NQT.

Toony:
@Hapah:
Why do you think Toaster is lying?  Even if you took this at a pure probability run there's only a 1/6 chance he's being ballsy mafia.

Statistics are still a crappy thing to bring into a Mafia argument.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Oh man, it's finally happening! Posting to watch)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

PFP

No, you've got it right Toaster and I got it wrong. My bad.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Hapah:  Here's the confusing bit:

Not voting: Hapah

So I don't know what's going on here.  I was going off this on that post, but then didn't see an unvote from you, so I'm confused.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

PFP

Well crap, maybe you are right. Leaf will clear it up, or it might be listed in the rules.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

That was how dakarian used to run his games, but you're right that it doesn't seem to be the case here.  I'll just bold anyone who hasn't made a vote in the past 24 hours from now on.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?month=03&day=20&hour=00&min=00&sec=00&p0=136&msg=Day+1+deadline

Votecount (bolded must vote before deadline to avoid a prod):
notquitethere: Toaster, Deathsword
Captain Ford: ToonyMan, Tiruin
ToonyMan:
Deathsword:
Toaster: Hapah
Not voting: notquitethere, Captain Ford

Note that unvoting does not count as voting someone.

(Oh man, it's finally happening! Posting to watch)
You can join too!

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

I assumed that was an artifact of Leafsnail searching specifically for votes in the last 24 hours. I don't think votes are supposed to fall off.

PPE: Never mind.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

But Leafsnail, I specifically made my unvote after you announced the start of the 24 hours. -pfp I'll ununvote for somebody when I get home in an hour or so.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PFP

Goddammit, I can't think straight. There's too much fucking noise in this office. I've gotten a bit calmer now.

Toaster: I often find Toaster hard to read. So my thoughts on him are mostly utilitarian. Probably has a powerful role since miller was added as a balance. Last KotM he had a revive, I wouldn't be surprised if that was a part of his arsenal again. He's a strong player, and with a powerful role, if he's town, it might be worth keeping him around for one day. I dunno why, but the more I think about Toaster, the more I'm getting a scum vibe from him. It's mostly how he's been content to just let his vote sit on NQT and toss out throwaways to everybody else.
ToonyMan: He's really getting on my nerves, but he did that in Viva La Revolucion, too. He's justified in giving NQT and Tiruin some leeway -- since I'm doing the same thing. I'm just not used to dealing with his playstyle.
Tiruin: The voice of reason. She often seems to understand me a lot better than I understand her.
Deathsword: Little time => little activity. A little rabid and OMGUSsy.
NQT: WIFOM. Rolefishing. Appeals to emotion. A lot of scumtells, but it correlates pretty well with his behavior in all his previous games. As a townie, his ability to identify scum is actually pretty strong, and he's not afraid of anyone. I feel he's worth keeping around.
Hapah: True to his name, he's the nice guy. He's being the least aggressive by far, but that's normal for him. I want to poke at him a bit more.

...man, I really wish I had more time. I've been swamped the past couple days and now I've got to make a decision I'm probably not going to be satisfied with. Ugh.

Toaster has the largest ping on my scumdar right now.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EBWOP: Minor Edit as follows:
...and now I've got to make a decision I know I'm not going to be satisfied with. Ugh.
Ugh x2. Used undo one too many times and didn't catch that until after I'd hit the post button.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Ford:  If you give NQT a free pass on multiple scumtells, what does he have to do to be guilty in your mind?  "If he's town he's useful" is not something you should justify not attacking someone on, and that includes myself.

Let's look at what he's done.  He started out with his giant ball of rolefishing, then backed off it when everyone told him it was scummy.  He then went off to this:

I start my new work today, so in case I don't get to vote later:  Hapah, when in a game is it possible to first get reads on people?

A throwaway vote on Hapah that he never follows up on.  Notably, he goes off on someone else (#91) and then unvotes Hapah (#96) before Hapah even answers it (#97).  If he cared about it, why not go back to Hapah?  He never responds to the question, so it's obvious he didn't care about it.

Then, like I said, he votes Deathsword without actually accusing him of anything.  He backs off after Deathsword responds (who didn't really even have much to respond to) and hasn't done anything since.  Not only does he completely lack suspicions at this point in the game, but one could say he's setting up a mislynch chain:

The scummiest thing I've seen is collectively the Deathsword-Tiruin-Ford dust up. That they're all so invested in it makes me think that one of them could be scum. My money's on DS for now.

It's easy for him to follow up on to the next one once one of them flips town.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

notquitethere

I'll try to get another post in in at least 30 minutes.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

It's easy for him to follow up on to the next one once one of them flips town.
Not "if" one of them flips town?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PFP My co-worker just said "I'm ready to cut the phone lines already! And it's only March!"

Toaster:

Responding to your case:
1. NQT voted Hapah so he didn't run afoul of the antilurk system. Abandoning it when he had more time to think makes total sense.
2. He doesn't unvote Hapah in #96. He unvotes Deathsword.
3. The mislynch chain thing is pretty weak.
4. I can't fault him for not having solid suspicions at this point considering I'm in the same boat.

Ford:  If you give NQT a free pass on multiple scumtells, what does he have to do to be guilty in your mind?
Dunno. He hasn't done it yet.

I'd like to add that NQT getting dogpiled day 1 was pretty much a given. It's largely you that have characterized his actions as scumtells, I might add.

"If he's town he's useful" is not something you should justify not attacking someone on, and that includes myself.
True.

PPE: Hapah (Interesting catch)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

I can admire your reasoning Toaster. You're completely wrong but wrong in a way that shows you've given the matter some thought. I feel a bit damned by faint praise by Ford, but he has the right of it: at this stage it's anyone's guess.

What did strike me though when I had a good mull over the matter is that it was a very bold move to claim Miller, and one guaranteed to develop some WIFOM. Either you're scum making a gambit or a townmember that is impossible to read correctly with powers. Either way, you're too dangerous to live. You're toast, Toaster!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41