Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 50

Author Topic: Gods of Lar- Oh Wait Nevermind  (Read 61008 times)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Lar- Now With Petrification!
« Reply #555 on: June 26, 2013, 03:50:54 pm »

Shall I try and throw in an update then?

Bow before my gratuitously regular updating schedule!
NUMNUMNUM. YOUR SCHEDULE IS DELICIOUS.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 26, 2013, 03:53:24 pm »

Oh, one more thing. You'll have to let me know the breeding schedule you want for the kitties, so I know how many to have petrified.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Lar- Gratuitous Title Additions At No Extra Charge!
« Reply #557 on: June 26, 2013, 04:50:59 pm »

All of them, we need more.  Because we don't have an army due to the townsfolk being prudish dick biscuts.  We need to find a more open minded base of worship as soon as possible one this is over.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 26, 2013, 04:52:49 pm »

All of them, we need more.  Because we don't have an army due to the townsfolk being prudish dick biscuts.  We need to find a more open minded base of worship as soon as possible one this is over.
Hm...sure, if we're sure this will work.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 26, 2013, 06:39:23 pm »

On your command, the Stalkers pad into the forest, where they find new spots to transform. The process drains large amounts of Life from the surrounding area, and it wouldn't do to keep them too near to the village. The small field where you created the creatures is already barren now. Hmm... The captain is right, this place needs money and defenses. Perhaps some sort of wall is in order? Ericus, uproot some berry bushes from nearby, and bring the cuttings to the outskirts of the village. The time has come to bestow this place with my power.
Yes, lord. It shall be done at once.

Before noon, a loose ring of about fifty cuttings are planted around the village. The halo of thorns encircles the village proper, lying between the farms and the outermost cottages. You ready yourself to begin and instruct Ericus to focus his powers into the plants. (3) He does so rather unsuccessfully, and you are only able to harness a quarter of his power. -20 Mana.

Suddenly, a rogue announcement appears! It lets you know that I'll be throwing in a few more rolls on this larger creation, to give more control to the dice over what the creation is bestowed with, and how many of my bonus traits appear.

Tapping into the mana stream, you set to work. First, you access the power of Life, cultivating the creation (16+1). The row of bushes twinge, then surge upward and twine together, like an oil-soaked bonfire lighting. New tendrils of vegetation sprout from the earth to add themselves to the mass of leaf, as it forms itself into a dense hedge soaring sixteen feet into the air and spanning three feet across. (20+1=211 Life Skill Increased!) Mantles of morning glory grow into complex patterns around the thicket. Within, the plants begin to grow wilder, and diverge from the bushes they once resembled. Their berries grow less frequent and larger, the size of a chicken's egg. The leaves grow broad and dense, with thick wax skins and an edging of leafy spikes, forming a nigh-impenetrable wall. From their previously random patterns, some of the vines grow thicker and become branches with short thorns and broad mats of leaves, while others grow long and whiplike, with small leaves and long, large thorns every couple of inches, surmounted by a set of six huge thorns nearly six inches long. The wall grows a covering of thin green hairs. Finally, a dim presence stirs within the hedge. (7+1=8) (11-1+1=11) You then bestow the hedge with the power of Darkness. The plants darken to deep purple with a lighter violet on the leaves and a darker on the thorns, with the tips fading to black. The fruits turn a dark gray. A slight shadow hangs about the very tips of the larger thorns. The morning glory, on the other hand, fades to a midnight blue, with indigo leaves and stems. The center of the flowers, meanwhile is a bright silver. Finally, you pour in a flow of your aspect of Force, (7) (8 ) establishing a wall of magic within the hedge. The wall is tied to a small pool of mana you manifest within the fruits. The protrusions get more sparse as a result, since they require so much energy to make. The fruit each contain a small pool of Force, though still decent for the size, which could reliably reflect about 200 kilograms of force. The field draws its energy from the pool, and will fail when the energy is exhausted and the fruit drops off. The fruits themselves contain a hard shell around a spongy mass of flesh, with seeds at the center. As a side affect, the fruit seems to have become fairly unstable, with any significant concussion releasing the energy within in a small explosion which at its largest can be a good two and a half meters in diameter. This also means that actions at the wall must be slow and careful to avoid triggering the fruits. -53 Mana. With that, you withdraw to survey your handiwork. The wall is a thick dark mass forming a rough oval around the village proper. While it lacks the parapets of a stone wall, it is thick and nearly impenetrable by land. Drawing forward, you send a tendril into the mass. There you find a slow, lumbering presence lurking within. It has no language, but you can still send messages through pictures for it. You instruct it to draw apart for your people. You also receive some insight into the details of your creation's abilities. It seems it has a rudimentary control over its structure as a whole, enough to move itself to create a gap in the wall. The darker vines have a finer control, being usable like whips, with some articulation on the larger thorns on the end. The moon glory seems be important in some way. Other parts of your creation seem to have abilities as well, but you aren't able to tell what they are from the creature's thoughts.

The rest of the day passes fairly uneventfully. You seem to have restored the people's faith in you. Night comes and passes, and dawn arrives.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 06:46:08 pm by Remuthra »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 26, 2013, 06:49:37 pm »

(20+1=211 Life Skill Increased!)
An indictment of modern education.

I'd like to note that this is awesome. Maybe we could use the berries as grenades? Have one person, volunteered by a plurality of his peers, test the practicality of weaponizing the blackberries. If he dies shortly into the experiments, discontinue them.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 26, 2013, 07:24:32 pm »

I still like how we have little to weapons of any sort. Potentially, if we go to the local mason, we can bless his average stones with DARKNESS and get sharp obsidian weapons.

Or we can bless their spears and shields, to get extraordinary properties, even if they were made from metals and wood.
BLESS WEAPONS/SHIELDS!

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 26, 2013, 08:16:37 pm »

obsidian sucks lets go with dark matter.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 26, 2013, 08:18:32 pm »

Dark matter is j...never mind.
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 26, 2013, 08:30:03 pm »

Thou canst create dark matter, milord, as dark matter be not of thine elements, but rather of ye unobtainable element of void!

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 26, 2013, 09:45:44 pm »

Hmm... The captain is right, this place needs money and defenses.

Still wondering how money is going to do anything in time.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 26, 2013, 09:50:53 pm »

We seem to have a few days.
Sig

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 26, 2013, 09:57:16 pm »

Yeah, but who are we buying from?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 26, 2013, 09:57:38 pm »

We seem to have a few days.
The army arrives at dawn the day after tomorrow. Your catsplosion should advance sometime towards midmorning on that same day. Your cows take all sorts of gestation time, meaning they can't reproduce in a reasonable timeframe.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 26, 2013, 10:22:32 pm »

Well let's give another round tomorrow to see if we can't find someone who's soul we can harvest and shove into a magnificent creation.  If we can I vote for a mini titan.  maybe three or four meters in height.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 50