Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 50

Author Topic: Gods of Lar- Oh Wait Nevermind  (Read 60973 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Lar- Defibrilated with a Car Battery!
« Reply #495 on: June 11, 2013, 05:42:47 pm »

(Moved to new post for bump powers.)
You may have helped these people out, but something needs to be done to keep them safe! Soldiers are not enough when fighting another god. They need to be something more...
(3) After asking around, you've discovered people are very much against the idea of being modified by you. They are kind of shocked that you would even suggest turning them into some sort of mutants. Your average conversation went like this:
Hello. I am Lorimre, and I want you. I can make you stronger, faster, and smarter, and cure your ailments, that you might better serve me.
What? You're seriously suggesting we let you turn us into some kind of freaks? Lord, we'd rather just die already.

After trying to recruit people for you to modify, you go to see the scouting party. He's already giving his report.
(16) So I ended up south of Inkbearer Lake, where I finally caught a good glimpse of the army. An' what did I see there but the most unholy host I've ever laid my eyes on! The first thing I noticed was the slush. The ground was covered in pools of water, in which writhed some sort of half-melted chunks of ice, about two or three feet in diameter on average. Amid these things, there were several hulking figures, larger than bears. They had a set of three massive legs protruding from the sides of their mangled decaying torsoes which bent to touch the ground. They were dark gray and covered in writhing tentacles, and had a singular large mouthlike slit in the center of their masses, from which dribbled a thick black sludge. They looked strong, too, and they were all some eight feet tall. At the center of the group was a moving patch of clear ground, upon which trod a set of six men in soaked black robes. At their head was a man clad in a suit of steel and a raven cloak. He wore a winged full-face helmet with a pair of eyeslits like teardrops which curved to a rounded, shallow point, and he was emblazoned with a design of a sword splitting a rock. He carried a broadsword and a rounded shield at his side. Something scared me about the way that man walked, as if the ground resonated with his step. Seeing this, I noted down what I could and went to a nearby stream to take a drink to fortify myself. I saw a man's bones in that stream, washed clean and just floating down the river. I think he must have been tortured, with the scars on those bones. It freaks me out.
You manage to get a pretty good report out of the man eventually. It never hurts to send out a second scout, though.
Spoiler: Report (click to show/hide)
(More 16) By the time you finish debriefing the scout, you receive word that the trapping party is back. They appear to have brought back a pair of foxes, a wolf, a bobcat, and a selection of prey animals. Finally, you can make some more servants!
Spoiler: Turn Brief (click to show/hide)

Ladies and Gentlemen, your update has arrived! It even has foreshadowing!
Oh yes, I have a lot planned for that battle.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 05:45:14 pm by Remuthra »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 11, 2013, 05:53:50 pm »

Hmmm..... So they have a Majorly Booned guy.

More Umbral servants anyone?
Because Foxes with Tusks, sharper teeth, and natural carapace would be helpful. Even with the wolves.

But right now; in order to get a REALLY fast army procured, I suggest we still get an Ant Queen, and make her a Giant Flying Ant Queen; because Ants are awesome, what with their natural Acid, huge Mandibles, and natural strength. While the Queen just pumps out babies!

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 11, 2013, 07:42:43 pm »

More units is not the answer what we need right now is defense. How about a "force wall" which applies newton third law of motion, "when one body exerts a force on a second body, the second body simultaneously exerts a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction to that of the first body." We can combines this with darkness and life hopefully making it unique in design.

_______

Slush Blobs- they have no eyes or visible senses, they are either sensitive to vibrations or they are directed by the clerics.

Tripod Things- These guys are obviously the siege units.

clerics- this should be our main target. These guy are obviously the control center if we can take these guy out the other units may turn feral and attack each other.

unknown man- he is our biggest threat, we should probably make another powerful unit to take him on.

_________

vibration critters (life, force)- let apply Flash from DC ability to phase through object by vibrating.
dark-matter being (force, darkness)- perfect to attack without being detected.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 07:44:48 pm by jaass »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 11, 2013, 09:53:00 pm »

But right now; in order to get a REALLY fast army procured, I suggest we still get an Ant Queen, and make her a Giant Flying Ant Queen; because Ants are awesome, what with their natural Acid, huge Mandibles, and natural strength. While the Queen just pumps out babies!
Queen ants also come with wings earlier in their life cycle, so plus.

Anyways, who feels up to making a mindless soldier caste as punishment?

More units is not the answer what we need right now is defense. How about a "force wall" which applies newton third law of motion, "when one body exerts a force on a second body, the second body simultaneously exerts a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction to that of the first body." We can combines this with darkness and life hopefully making it unique in design.
I have no idea what you're suggesting.

vibration critters (life, force)- let apply Flash from DC ability to phase through object by vibrating.
dark-matter being (force, darkness)- perfect to attack without being detected.
1. That never made sense. The quantum tunneling idea made more sense to me...or even that he runs through walls so fast his electrons miss it. (And, more importantly, why doesn't he do that more often?)
2. Sensible...although "dark matter" is just matter astronomers can't detect. (Negative Energy would be neat, though, especially of mixed with mundane rock.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 11, 2013, 11:08:11 pm »

That went spectacularly.  Continue to offer the possibility of making them our warriors.  In the meantime, try to make something awesome out of the bobcat
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 12, 2013, 09:31:56 am »

That went spectacularly.  Continue to offer the possibility of making them our warriors.  In the meantime, try to make something awesome out of the bobcat
Don't actively tell people about the warrior thing. Just make sure that any priesty people know about it so that, if the sick wish to help and we haven't figured out how to heal them, they have it as an option. Pursuing it may make people feel suspicious about our 'true' intentions (even though we want to help, they may see it as 'this guy wants to turn us all into his slaves' or something).

Yeah, bobcats, though. Remember that big cats usually kill by suffocating bites and stuff.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 12, 2013, 11:40:28 am »

Can we create a creature that splits into smaller creatures and then reforms into the original? Because it might help people like us more if we make the modified bobcat split into a tsunami of adorable kittens. Why? Because kittens.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 12, 2013, 04:18:21 pm »

Can we create a creature that splits into smaller creatures and then reforms into the original? Because it might help people like us more if we make the modified bobcat split into a tsunami of adorable kittens. Why? Because kittens.
I'm not sure about complex creatures with skeletons and stuff, but if we made some cnidarianoid creatures--or even echinodermoid ones--something like that could work.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 12, 2013, 05:27:48 pm »

What I was saying is if you shoot a cannon ball at this wall it will redirect it back to the sender.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 12, 2013, 05:54:57 pm »

What I was saying is if you shoot a cannon ball at this wall it will redirect it back to the sender.
A reflective wall?
Sig

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 12, 2013, 06:00:20 pm »

A reflective wall?

Basically.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 13, 2013, 11:25:05 am »

I think the force skill needs to be practiced, as it has not gone up a point yet also.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 13, 2013, 11:30:34 am »

Should we make some minor Force enchantments first to practice? Maybe arrowheads of some sort?
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 14, 2013, 07:29:47 am »

A bump appears in front of you! He proffers his mighty open hand, and implores you to place your actions thereupon!

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 14, 2013, 01:14:52 pm »

sorry for not responding to your one comment, gold. and those sound interesting. maybe also focusing on natural "forces" and trying stuff?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 50