Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 50

Author Topic: Gods of Lar- Oh Wait Nevermind  (Read 61066 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Lar
« Reply #210 on: March 24, 2013, 06:10:20 pm »

Giant ants I said!
He never said bringing in milk would fail! Milkable Underground fortress digging cows with humps and wings; which also spray acid!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 24, 2013, 06:13:20 pm »

I'll have to research to see if you can water crops with milk.

What's your color of choice, guys?

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 24, 2013, 06:21:40 pm »

Cows have a couple of benefits: They (semi)naturally produce lots of milk, for instance, and are pretty common. Using a cow to produce large quantities of milk would likely be more efficient and therefore either cheaper or more effective than using ants or camels (especially ants).
Camels have no redeeming attributes past mammary glands, and they don't live so well outside of deserts.
Well I wanted that "storage ability" from camels. If those cows move quickly for long distances I'm okay with them.
1. Camels store FAT, which is neither easily removable nor terribly hydrating.
2. Camels aren't exactly racehorses either...
3. I suggested modifying cattle, which should be much more cost-efficient; although, now that I think of it, cows do have several advantages over camels.
Doh, ain't expert on biology, well I based on not really sciency view on them(hard to tire, heard some usage as cavalry etc.), and that's why I used "" .

Color?
Orange, just because there is not enough colors :P
Blue is overused, Green bit boring, purple naah. Black would be stylish. Green could work as last resort.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 06:25:18 pm by Sorcerer Kail »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 24, 2013, 06:34:28 pm »

Giant ants I said!
He never said bringing in milk would fail! Milkable Underground fortress digging cows with humps and wings; which also spray acid!
1. Ants presumably need mana to make them cow-sized. Cows don't. Efficiency.
2. I know. However, water isn't milk, so I'm not sure what you mean.
3. Has it occurred to you that the proposed beast would be utterly terrifying?

I'll have to research to see if you can water crops with milk.
It includes good amounts of water, so why not?

What's your color of choice, guys?
I posted my suggestion a while back. For just a simple color, how about a dark green?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 24, 2013, 06:41:02 pm »

Many mammals convert water and food into milk, ants ventures out pretty far to look for food and water, to provide for the nest.
Said milkable horrors are not scary beyond belief! They are indeed very lovable!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 24, 2013, 06:49:28 pm »

Many mammals convert water and food into milk, ants ventures out pretty far to look for food and water, to provide for the nest.
Said milkable horrors are not scary beyond belief! They are indeed very lovable!
Um...think a sec. Describe them again.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 24, 2013, 07:15:37 pm »

Beautiful,  cunning, loveable, and awesome!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 24, 2013, 07:36:32 pm »

Beautiful,  cunning, loveable, and awesome!
...From ants?
Are you delusional or what?

No, describe what they LOOK like.
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 24, 2013, 07:43:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Only imagine it with milk instead, and wings.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 24, 2013, 07:47:47 pm »

And you don't understand why people would be freaking out more over that than a cow?
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 24, 2013, 07:49:41 pm »

Some people think banelings are very much beautiful, cunning, lovable, and awesome. True story.
Banelings also like strawberries.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 24, 2013, 07:51:10 pm »

Because it will explode milk all over their crops. Watering them, and providing the crops with bonus nutrients. Then they eat the rest of it.
Muahahahaha!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 24, 2013, 07:55:49 pm »

Explode...oh gods, they'll think the ants are a new plague.
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 24, 2013, 08:02:08 pm »

In reality, they would squeeze the milk-sacs into small containers.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 24, 2013, 08:04:25 pm »

Still, they're huge ants. That creeps people out. Oh, yeah, and as mentioned it would be less efficient.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 50